News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Discussbot version 4.1 final (released 11-28-05)

Started by chadness, November 29, 2005, 01:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chadness

It's trying to refer to a file that no longer exists.  Use the beta 5 version instead - it did not have that reference.

audioindonesia

Thx Chad, I'm installing the BETA5 version, but my event mod shows :

QuoteDatabase Error: Table 'audioind_joom1.calendar' doesn't exist
File: /home/audioind/public_html/modules/mod_smf_events.php
Line: 102Database Error: Table 'audioind_joom1.sessions' doesn't exist
File: /home/audioind/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php
Line: 1886
Warning: Unknown: A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: A session is active. You cannot change the session module's ini settings at this time. in Unknown on line 0

silentz

Hey guys,

I have climbed the highest mountains, I have searched the longest posts, but to quoth mr Bono I still haven't found what I'm looking for which is the answer to this:

Discussbot is always returning (0) comments for each news story and when I click on the link, it adds a new post each time even if a post has been created from that news story already.

Here's the stats:

Joomla 1.0.10
SMF 1.1 RC2
Bridge 1.15
Discussbot 4.1 beta 5

Yes I am using other forum modules (recent topics and events).
(Currently): Joomla 1.0.12 | SMF 1.1 Final | Bridge 1.16 | Life .31 Alpha
"Am I really the only one to ever wonder what a Wookie would look like shaved?"

chadness

Quote from: audioindonesia on July 13, 2006, 10:36:36 PM
Thx Chad, I'm installing the BETA5 version, but my event mod shows :

QuoteDatabase Error: Table 'audioind_joom1.calendar' doesn't exist
File: /home/audioind/public_html/modules/mod_smf_events.php
Line: 102Database Error: Table 'audioind_joom1.sessions' doesn't exist
File: /home/audioind/public_html/forum/Sources/Load.php
Line: 1886

Make sure you do the fix for Joomla 1.0.10 mentioned in the top post of the combined readme.  I'll repost the info here as well:

For Joomla 1.0.10 on systems using the dicussbot:
(Thanks to Predator)
Due to the lastest Joomla! Release (Version 1.0.10) the bot could add it's links into a MODULE display. To avoid this, you need to do the following in the function MOSBOT_add_smfforumlink():

Find:

if (strpos($row->text,"{mos_smf_discuss:") === false && $default_discuss == "") {
       // No - just leave
       return;
}

Add after:

// Since Joomla! 1.0.10 also module can effect Bots, to avoid just return if it is a module.
if (@$row->content){
       return;
}

chadness

Quote from: silentz on July 13, 2006, 11:53:31 PM
Hey guys,

I have climbed the highest mountains, I have searched the longest posts, but to quoth mr Bono I still haven't found what I'm looking for which is the answer to this:

Discussbot is always returning (0) comments for each news story and when I click on the link, it adds a new post each time even if a post has been created from that news story already.

Here's the stats:

Joomla 1.0.10
SMF 1.1 RC2
Bridge 1.15
Discussbot 4.1 beta 5

Yes I am using other forum modules (recent topics and events).
I don't know that the module fix I'm tlaking about in the last post is causing your problem, but I think the page can get messed up if you haven't done it.  So, have you done that fix?

You don't have boards with duplicate names, do you?

lemonlime

Has anyone been able to successfully use discussbot 4.1beta5 and Joomla 1.0.10?

I have:
Joomla 1.0.10
SMF 1.1RC2
Bridge 1.1.5
Discussbot beta5.

I am still plagued with that URL prepend bug that I can't seem to escape. I'm using bridge 1.1.5 and the 1.0.10 fix is applied. The bridge is working great, but I can't get discussbot working for the life of me.

If I click the (0), I get redirected to http://sitename.com/http:/ [nofollow]/sitename.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26

Does anyone know of any potential fixes for this problem? This bot looks awesome, and I am dying to get it working properly :)

Thanks in advance.

chadness

Unfortunately, the only fix I've been able to find so far is to use the sef.php file from 1.0.7.  I'm extremely tight on time these days so I haven't been able to dig in to why this occurs or what a better solution would be.

lemonlime

Quote from: chadness on July 14, 2006, 03:11:39 PM
Unfortunately, the only fix I've been able to find so far is to use the sef.php file from 1.0.7.  I'm extremely tight on time these days so I haven't been able to dig in to why this occurs or what a better solution would be.

Hi chadness,

Thanks for your reply. I tried the sef.php file from 1.0.7 before which corrected the URL issue, but I got an error telling me 'The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.'. (See my post here for detail): http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=58578.msg633661#msg633661

Could this be caused by using the sef.php from 1.0.7? or is this some other issue. Btw, I don't use SEF urls in joomla. Is there a way to just strip out any SEF code from the bot?

Sorry for all the questions, I know you are very busy. Thanks again.

chadness

Quote from: lemonlime on July 14, 2006, 03:27:42 PM
Hi chadness,

Thanks for your reply. I tried the sef.php file from 1.0.7 before which corrected the URL issue, but I got an error telling me 'The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.'. (See my post here for detail): http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=58578.msg633661#msg633661
I've mostly noticed that when you have seperate databases and have not given them access to each other.  That doesn't seem to be the case for you, so I'm not sure what's causing the problem.  Have you tried changing your default board to a different one?
Could this be caused by using the sef.php from 1.0.7? or is this some other issue. Btw, I don't use SEF urls in joomla. Is there a way to just strip out any SEF code from the bot?

Sorry for all the questions, I know you are very busy. Thanks again.
That shouldn't be causing it.  The SEF code is worked pretty tightly in to it.  It would take some time to remove it, but theoretically it can be done.  Unfortunately, I'm about to drive off on vacation for a week.  I'll check back when I'm back in town and see what I can do.

lemonlime

Quote from: chadness on July 14, 2006, 04:49:31 PM

I've mostly noticed that when you have seperate databases and have not given them access to each other.  That doesn't seem to be the case for you, so I'm not sure what's causing the problem.  Have you tried changing your default board to a different one?

I tried several to no avail. There are no duplicates, or special characters. The primary one I have been trying is 'News'.

That shouldn't be causing it.  The SEF code is worked pretty tightly in to it.  It would take some time to remove it, but theoretically it can be done.  Unfortunately, I'm about to drive off on vacation for a week.  I'll check back when I'm back in town and see what I can do.

No worries, thanks again for your help. I hope you have a great vacation!  8)

skydig

For using SMF Discussbot v4.1 final with joomla 1.0.10 please see here as it may solve your problems :

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=100089.0
@ pliss

Advertisement: