News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

2.1.4 Issue with TR, TD, Table in Signature

Started by Alex98, March 05, 2024, 12:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex98

Thanks Boys  :)

I still have a problem with the signatures, i.e. it doesn't load "TR, TD, TABLE" and all the bbc codes are tagged, does anyone know?

Deaks

have you allowed them in Signature Settings?

Configuration - Features and Options - Signature Settings

We would also need to see what you are actually using aswell to see if its a code error in the signature.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Alex98

everything is allowed to be used in the signature settings, but only the tr td table is not loaded

You have pictures of the problem in this post

Quote from: F R A N K on March 05, 2024, 12:48:19 PMThanks Boys  :)

I still have a problem with the signatures, i.e. it doesn't load "TR, TD, TABLE" and all the bbc codes are tagged, does anyone know?

Steve

Quote from: F R A N K on March 18, 2024, 03:42:28 PMYou have pictures of the problem in this post
First post if it makes it easier for anyone.
DO NOT pm me for support!

Deaks

the images show what the signature shows as NOT what you have entered into the signature.
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Alex98

Quote from: Deaks on March 20, 2024, 08:16:04 AMthe images show what the signature shows as NOT what you have entered into the signature.
I didn't understand what you wanted to say

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Just making sure here, the image shows incomplete tags - There's no [table] in the image. Is it actually there?

Table structure is

[table]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Alex98

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on March 28, 2024, 02:28:04 PMJust making sure here, the image shows incomplete tags - There's no [table] in the image. Is it actually there?

Table structure is

[table]
[tr]
[td][/td]
[/tr]
[/table]

You think I didn't put it in my signature,
here are the pictures

https://i.imgur.com/R7LPkNO.png

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Like I said, just making sure. To continue with that, if you remove the [hr] tags, what happens? Is it still broken?
Slava
Ukraini!
"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Alex98

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on March 28, 2024, 03:52:23 PMLike I said, just making sure. To continue with that, if you remove the [hr] tags, what happens? Is it still broken?
Yes, it's broken  :(

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

Okay, this is getting interesting.

Can you check if all those BBC tags are enabled for both signatures and posts.
You will find the post settings at Admin -> Configuration -> Features and Options -> Bulletin Board Code, and Signature settings at Admin -> Configuration -> Features and Options -> Signatures

I will note that I just edited my own signature here to have a 3 row table, and it seems to work just fine.

Slava
Ukraini!

[table][tr][td][b][color=#0066cc]Slava[/color]
[color=#ffcc00]Ukraini![/color][/b][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][sub]"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas[/sub][/td][/tr][/table]
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

Alex98

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on March 28, 2024, 04:51:09 PMOkay, this is getting interesting.

Can you check if all those BBC tags are enabled for both signatures and posts.
You will find the post settings at Admin -> Configuration -> Features and Options -> Bulletin Board Code, and Signature settings at Admin -> Configuration -> Features and Options -> Signatures

I will note that I just edited my own signature here to have a 3 row table, and it seems to work just fine.

Slava
Ukraini!

[table][tr][td][b][color=#0066cc]Slava[/color]
[color=#ffcc00]Ukraini![/color][/b][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][/td][/tr]
[tr][td][sub]"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas[/sub][/td][/tr][/table]
Everything is turned on, but it still does not load Table tr td

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

What mods do you have installed? Would any of them handle BBC?
Slava
Ukraini!

How you can help SMF

live627

can you provide a link to a page with that signature?

Alex98

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on March 28, 2024, 06:36:24 PMWhat mods do you have installed? Would any of them handle BBC?
BBC Message Boxes
BCC Messages

Quote from: live627 on March 28, 2024, 07:35:24 PMcan you provide a link to a page with that signature?
https://los-balkan.com/index.php

demo2024
demo

live627

can you link the specific profile with the bad signature?

Alex98

Quote from: live627 on March 30, 2024, 12:04:12 AMcan you link the specific profile with the bad signature?
Everyone has this problem, I added a signature to the demo account, so take a look

GL700Wing

Quote from: Alex98 on March 30, 2024, 04:42:59 AMEveryone has this problem, I added a signature to the demo account, so take a look
I believe the problem is that, and unlike in SMF 2.0, SMF 2.1 does not include the 'tr' or 'td' tags in the list of BBCodes that can be enabled for either messages or signatures.

SMF 2.0 BBCode options
You cannot view this attachment.

SMF 2.0 Signature

SMF 2.1 BBCode options

SMF 2.1 Signature:

That said, I can create a 'table' signature on this forum that correctly parses the 'tr' or 'td' tags so it must be using different code to the default SMF 2.1.4 ...
Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful ...

Slava
Ukraini!

live627

I think I discovered the problem: both tr and td tags are disabled.

Advertisement: