SMF Gallery 1.0 is now out!!

Started by Dean Williams, December 14, 2005, 05:24:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

Does this install throught the package manager ??? If it does all I get is a corrupt error

TechnoDragon

no it does not...you upload the unzipped file to your server, then run the install.php.  This works best if you put the gallery in it's own folder in the smf root directory.

I have modded some of the files for this to make it so you can call it up as an action from a theme button into an iframe (don't worry...it loogs great there, you can check it out by going to my forum http://www.technodragon.net/forum/index.php but you have to register to get to it)

if you are interested in the files and the general make up of the action url for the buttons on your theme pm me.
Don't tell me to get into shape...I have a shape...It is round!

keith021773

I know this is gonna sound stupid, but where is the button on the main forum page for gallery?   Anyway I can get it on there?    Other than that it installed fine and looks great.

Bigguy

I just installed this and all I get is a blank page and it tells me that I have not ran the installer. Whats up, anyone know ???

@ keith021773: I think if you go to his website there are instructions on how to do that.

Bigguy

I got the above error fixed. Now I`m getting this error on the index of the gallery:

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/******/public_html/smf/gallery/func.php on line 42

EDIT: Strange, but error seems to be gone now. I`ll monitor this and see what happens.

TechnoDragon

what is the link to your gallery?  I could take a look and see if i can find out what went wrong.

Bigguy

It all works now, no errors at all. After I uploaded a pic the error went away.

Bigguy

Its a very awesome edition to smf, I love it. I found one problem though, after you upload an image in that popup window and press the button "close and refresh" It closes but doesn`t refresh. Also 1 idea would be maybe to add the ability to put sub catagories, that would be awesome. Maybe watermarks on images to. Sorry to fire all this at you but that would be cool. :)

Dean Williams

Quote from: Bigguy on February 27, 2006, 02:05:49 AM
Its a very awesome edition to smf, I love it. I found one problem though, after you upload an image in that popup window and press the button "close and refresh" It closes but doesn`t refresh. Also 1 idea would be maybe to add the ability to put sub catagories, that would be awesome. Maybe watermarks on images to. Sorry to fire all this at you but that would be cool. :)

good ideas there, definately a todo :)

Quote from: keith021773 on February 26, 2006, 11:49:54 PM
I know this is gonna sound stupid, but where is the button on the main forum page for gallery?   Anyway I can get it on there?    Other than that it installed fine and looks great.

Unfortunately i am useless at creating a mod package for SMF (i have asked for assistence numerous times) so to add the link you will need to manually edit your SMF, I have included instructions on my forums but i still need to add instructions for SMF 1.1 RC2 (coming soon...)

I'm sorry to those of you who got errors, the invalid argument foreach() is the result of the notification setting, its default set to "email address" or something, the space creates an error. That is what i think it is....

I believe this time the errors a minour, and i am glad of that. However there are still some unexpected bugs which seem to appear just after installation, Biggy if you edited any code to get your gallery to run could you please tell me, so i can fix.

And anyone that is good at making packages for SMF (all versions) then please contact me through my forums, I really do need a guy to create a package for gallery menu button and maybe even to transform SMF to a package manager system (that would be just cool).

Thanks for all your replys, continued support is given through our forums http://tpvgames.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=26.0

Bigguy

This error was present the first time I went to the gallery after install. After I uploaded a pic it went away. I did not edit any code. I have not had a problem with it since install:

QuoteWarning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/******/public_html/smf/gallery/func.php on line 42

Here is my gallery:

keith021773

I am having a problem with the pictures.   Once they are uploaded and I try to view them, they are so big that when they open up in the java window you can't see the entire pic and then when you click the picture closes.   Anyone else have this problem?

Bigguy

It is supposed to close when you click on it, but I do agree when they open in the new window they are pretty big.

TechnoDragon

I thin kthe error is due to his choice in image softeware...it uses GD rather than imagemagick and many servers do not have GD that I have found.

keith021773

I had it check for DG on my server and it said that I had it..  I will disable it and try again.

**EDIT**   I turned it off and viewing the images was the same.   could not view all of the image in the window..   Anyother ideas?

TechnoDragon

As far as GD is concerened I wish I could my server does not have GD...the gallery I used to have used imagemagick and it had a feature to autoresize images for optimal viewing...I think the issue with this gallery is that when you click on the thumbnail it opens the image at whatever size it was originally...

So the only fix I can think of if GD functionality doen't do it is to manually resize the images for better viewing.

keith021773

would there be an automatic way of doing that?  can gallery do that?   or how could I use imagemagick?  I have up'ed 1 photo which is way to big for the screen and 1 of my users has up'ed one and it did the same thing.

TechnoDragon

I just finished looking at the admin page for my gallery...it is a function he neglected to build into the gallery...really it should be easy to resize the image using code just like it does for the thumbnails.....so honestly there should be a function to resize the viewing of the image too....

keith021773

is there anything that I can do now to fix it?

TechnoDragon

go in and manually resize the existing images and limit the physical size of new images to less that one meg

Advertisement: