News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

RSS Injector available

Started by confusion, December 24, 2005, 04:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

o_1281

works nicely, now I just need to figure out where I can have that user id set to have admin approve the postings first before putting it on the board.

L.G.S

Hey guys, how would I make the topics/posts add to the daily stats??
FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

Xarcell

I don't understand on how to get this to work.

Where do I enter in my xml feed I want it to use? Also the board id and user id?

TLM

Quote from: o_1281 on September 01, 2006, 09:14:48 AM
works nicely, now I just need to figure out where I can have that user id set to have admin approve the postings first before putting it on the board.
No feature of that exists.

Quote from: L.G.S on September 01, 2006, 11:10:54 AM
Hey guys, how would I make the topics/posts add to the daily stats??
My injector should do that automatically

Quote from: Xarcell on September 02, 2006, 11:56:10 AM
I don't understand on how to get this to work.

Where do I enter in my xml feed I want it to use? Also the board id and user id?
The sql table you should have installed.

L.G.S

No it doesn't,

by daily stats I mean like each day:

http://www.ruthlessintent.com/board/index.php?action=stats

I've injected at least 30 topics today but nothing show up on today's:

Total Topics: 3

www.gamesandgoals.com

Xarcell

Can you post an example of an edit in the mysql table.

I do not know mysql, but can prolly figure it out.

TLM

Quote from: L.G.S on September 02, 2006, 12:58:26 PM
No it doesn't,

by daily stats I mean like each day:

http://www.ruthlessintent.com/board/index.php?action=stats

I've injected at least 30 topics today but nothing show up on today's:

Total Topics: 3
Hrm noted your on rc3, maybe something changed on that fact, I might have some time later I might look into this.
Ah that feature I never really liked....  Umm... Not sure, but if I get free time I will see what I can do....

Quote from: Xarcell on September 02, 2006, 01:04:40 PM
Can you post an example of an edit in the mysql table.

I do not know mysql, but can prolly figure it out.
Install phpmyadmin and navagate to the table and insert the rows as desired...
Or read the insert line in the sql file.

L.G.S

OK then I get ya.

I know this isn't the thread but you seem helpful and I don't want to waste space making another one:

What could I do to make the stats of each day / month for admins only?

www.gamesandgoals.com

TLM

Dont think there is a way to do that with out throwing code in a template.

L.G.S

www.gamesandgoals.com

Xarcell

I used/edited .sql

INSERT INTO `smf_rssfeeds` (`ID`, `MEMBER_ID`, `BOARD_ID`, `RSS_FEED`, `LAST_UPDATE`) VALUES (2, 2, 1, 'http://rss.slashdot.org/Slashdot/slashdot', 1157028360);

imported it into my databse via myphpadmin

I visited the url pointing to the .phps file.

I got nothing. Did I do it right?

jkrlvgn

When you put in the rss_injector.php (make sure you take off the S), it'll come up with a blank page still.  SO..if you saw nothing, then it's right.

I had a question, though....is there anyway to get the whole story instead of just the linkback and the description?

Xarcell

I get these errors:

Warning: main(MagpieRSS/rss_fetch.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.abigaildryer/xarcell/xarcell-studios.com/demo/RC3-9.5/rss_injector.php on line 11

Warning: main(MagpieRSS/rss_fetch.inc): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/.abigaildryer/xarcell/xarcell-studios.com/demo/RC3-9.5/rss_injector.php on line 11

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'MagpieRSS/rss_fetch.inc' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/.abigaildryer/xarcell/xarcell-studios.com/demo/RC3-9.5/rss_injector.php on line 11

jkrlvgn

Xarcell: Did you download the MagpieRSS files?  You need those, and they need to be in a directory called "MagpieRSS" specifically.  Just the extlib folder and the files ending in .inc need to be in the folder.

It works fine for me...except for my previous question, which isn't a nonworking problem, just an option I'd like to have.

If you need to know where to download the MagpieRSS files, I think there's a link in TLM's post.  If there isn't, I know you can google MagpieRSS and get it from the direct site.

Xarcell

Ok I'm a dummy. I had the Mag dir inside a magdir.

I get the blank page now like I'm supposed to. However it does not work for me. As all other feeds I have tried. No errors, no nothing. I think it has something to do with my host dreamhost. They are very SMF unfriendly...

jkrlvgn

Ugh.  *kicks Dreamhost for them*

Anyway, I knew it was something that you just overlooked, because you're usually the one that helps out with like...everything.

Basically what I did:

Made a member (BoardBot! 1.0), copied his id# (372)
Made a board (RSS TEST), copied the boardid (45)

then went into rss_injector.sql and changed everything accordingly:

Quote--
-- Table structure for table `smf_rssfeeds`
--

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `smf_rssfeeds` (
  `ID` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `MEMBER_ID` int(11) NOT NULL default '372',
  `BOARD_ID` int(11) NOT NULL default '45',
  `RSS_FEED` text NOT NULL,
  `LAST_UPDATE` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  PRIMARY KEY  (`ID`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=2 DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=2 ;

--
-- Dumping data for table `smf_rssfeeds`
--

INSERT INTO `smf_rssfeeds` (`ID`, `MEMBER_ID`, `BOARD_ID`, `RSS_FEED`, `LAST_UPDATE`) VALUES (1, 10, 1, 'rssfeedaddresshere', 1157028360);

I kept the feed address (highlighted in yellow) with slashdot, because I just wanted to see it work.  To add more feeds,  you just do it via the phpMyAdmin, and add as many rows as you need.  If you mess up on the row, just reset the "last update" to 0, then try it again.

Did you make sure to make a member to post the feeds?  And, also, did you change it in the .sql file?  If you forgot to import it into phpMyAdmin (which I did like...5 times), just click on the SQL tab and copy/past the code into there.

Acks.  I'm trying to cover all the bases here too....but...since you haven't been able to see any results yet, I think it's probably the last part....you have to import the sql into your database too, manually.

Lemme know if that works?  If not, maybe make a temp account, and I can set it up for you?

Xarcell

Ok, I'm getting ALOT closer to getting this to work.

Right now I cannot seem to get it to post in the right board. My member ID is 2, and my board ID is 2, but it keep posting it in in board ID 1.

my sql:

--
-- Table structure for table `smf_rssfeeds`
--

CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `smf_rssfeeds` (
  `ID` int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
  `MEMBER_ID` int(11) NOT NULL default '2',
  `BOARD_ID` int(11) NOT NULL default '2',
  `RSS_FEED` text NOT NULL,
  `LAST_UPDATE` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
  PRIMARY KEY  (`ID`)
) ENGINE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=2 DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=2 ;

--
-- Dumping data for table `smf_rssfeeds`
--

INSERT INTO `smf_rssfeeds` (`ID`, `MEMBER_ID`, `BOARD_ID`, `RSS_FEED`, `LAST_UPDATE`) VALUES (2, 2, 1, 'http://rss.gamespot.com/misc/rss/gamespot_updates_xbox_360.xml', 1157028360);

Is that right?

jkrlvgn

That LOOKS right...

...where's your board at?  Is it the one that's at "xboxnarc.com"?

TLM

Ugh.... I hate late night parties....

Quote from: Xarcell on September 04, 2006, 12:41:58 PM
Right now I cannot seem to get it to post in the right board. My member ID is 2, and my board ID is 2, but it keep posting it in in board ID 1.
--
INSERT INTO `smf_rssfeeds` (`ID`, `MEMBER_ID`, `BOARD_ID`, `RSS_FEED`, `LAST_UPDATE`) VALUES (2, 2, 1, 'http://rss.gamespot.com/misc/rss/gamespot_updates_xbox_360.xml', 1157028360);

Problem,

IDMEMBER IDBOARD ID...
Note the ID feild is 2, and BOARD ID is 1.  ID is just a thing to keep the rows seperate and have an index to work with.  ID should auto-incrment, but if it does not, make sure its the next # in line.

Quote from: jkrlvgn on September 03, 2006, 01:41:36 AM
I had a question, though....is there anyway to get the whole story instead of just the linkback and the description?
If you want to format it, it will take a little php know how, there is a spot to where you can format it, but what your asking for will probally have two diffrent fields in the array of data so you would have to find them in the array.  I just used a generic setup for most people that would work.

jkrlvgn

...how much did you want again to make it post with the full story?  *points to Paypal*

I honestly don't know much about coding...just following instruction, and...usually fixing something that I've totally screwed up (like installing Joomla on a safemoded server....ugh!).

Anyway...if it's something that I can find myself (if you don't want to do it), just lemme know where to look...  I'm just ecstatic that it works, and wasn't all that much trouble to install!

Advertisement: