News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Joomla template changes after installing bridge

Started by khan, January 02, 2006, 12:13:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

khan

Hi

in the Readme file of joomla-smf bridge it says ,
QuoteThe changes to the Mambo/Joomla template are still required for this version of the bridge. Copy the code below, and paste it into the header area (between the <head> and </head> tags) of your Mambo/Joomla template.

what exactly is the file name in Joomla which i should change ?

Orstio

That may depend on the template you are using.

You're better off going to your Joomla admin panel, Site Menu, Template Manager, Site Templates.

Select the template you are using (The one with the green checkmark), and click on Edit HTML.

khan

thanks , that was done , but when i access my joomla main page the following error appears in the block named "Login Form". I have followed all the instructions in the ReadMe file which comes with the bridge.

QuoteWarning: modoutput_xhtml(/home/kinnaird/public_html/main/modules/mod_smf_login.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kinnaird/public_html/main/includes/frontend.html.php on line 325

Warning: modoutput_xhtml(/home/kinnaird/public_html/main/modules/mod_smf_login.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/kinnaird/public_html/main/includes/frontend.html.php on line 325

Warning: modoutput_xhtml(): Failed opening '/home/kinnaird/public_html/main/modules/mod_smf_login.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/kinnaird/public_html/main/includes/frontend.html.php on line 325

khan

...and the look of the main page is disturbed , right half page is blank and the things which should be present at right half are appearing bottom down.

Orstio

It looks as if the file mod_smf_login.php is missing from your modules folder.

Unzip the bridge package, and you will find mod_smf_login.php inside a folder named "modules".  Upload it to your site's modules folder.

khan

"Log In" block has appeared after i uploaded these two files
mod_smf_login.php
mod_smf_login.x 

but the other problem of alignment of the main page still persists !

"Latest News" , "Popular" , "Polls"  and all the stuff below it is not appearing at the right place , instead they are all in the bottom.

Orstio

Quote"Latest News" , "Popular" , "Polls"  and all the stuff below it is not appearing at the right place , instead they are all in the bottom.

Use a different template.

khan

the other template "madeyourweb" is working fine !!! and it's great !
but what to do to correct the "rhuk_solarflare_ii" template to work ?
Also ,
when i login from the main site , i am directly taken to mine "smf forums" , and that too in a standalone position . What i need is when a user log in , he remains at the main website and then he chooses "forums" from the menu if he wishes so to goto forums. And Joomla should always remain wrapped around smf !!!

Is it possible ?

Orstio

Quotethe other template "madeyourweb" is working fine !!! and it's great !
but what to do to correct the "rhuk_solarflare_ii" template to work ?

To correct that template, I have found it most effective to use the Delete button.   :P

Quotewhen i login from the main site , i am directly taken to mine "smf forums" , and that too in a standalone position . What i need is when a user log in , he remains at the main website and then he chooses "forums" from the menu if he wishes so to goto forums. And Joomla should always remain wrapped around smf !!!

Do you have a URL?

Orstio

Thank you for the URL. 

You did not complete installation of the SMF package in step 1.

khan

Quote from: Orstio on January 02, 2006, 07:48:17 AM
You did not complete installation of the SMF package in step 1.

and how do i go about it now ? did you mean to say .... i need to re-upload my install.php file from smf_1-0-5_install.zip and run it in browser ?

Orstio

khan

Orstio

But, your forum version is SMF 1.0.5.....

The bridge for SMF 1.1 RC2 is not compatible with SMF 1.0.5.

The bridge you want for SMF 1.0.5 is here:

http://mamboforge.net/frs/download.php/6472/MOS_SMF_BRIDGEv3.19a_stable.zip

khan

Orstio

Go to your Joomla admin panel.  Go to the Install/Uninstall components menu.

Select the SMF bridge component, and click Uninstall.

Select the SMF Registration component, and click uninstall.

Go to the Modules Menu, and click on Site Modules.

Find mod_smf_login in the list, and select it.  Click Delete.

khan

uninstalled the wrong bridge successfully , now following the step by step instructions to install the latest bridge you just refered !!!

khan

In step 1 whil euploading the file "smf_mambo3.1.tar.gz"

i got this error message ,

Quote2: move_uploaded_file(/home/khan/public_html/forums/Packages/smf_mambo3.1.tar.gz): failed to open stream: Permission denied
File: /home/khan/public_html/forums/Sources/PackageGet.php
Line: 546

Kindred

your SMF directories are not allowing you to write the needed files.

forum
forum/packages
forum/packages/temp
forum/Sources
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

khan

After ch-moding all the following directories to 777

forum
forum/packages
forum/packages/temp  ( temp is not found there )
forum/Sources

while uploading "smf_mambo3.1.tar.gz"

i still got this error

Quote2: fopen(/home/khan/public_html/forums/Packages/installed.list): failed to open stream: Permission denied
File: /home/khan/public_html/forums/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1476

Advertisement: