News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Shared Forum Mod

Started by Goosemoose, January 06, 2006, 03:04:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2kreative

Another follow up question...

Could I  create a forum and then port user's topics, pms , etc into this from another smf forum (on a different server)?

Goosemoose

2kreative,
1) All forums are controlled by one backend admin panel.
2) Adding additional forums later is very easy and just requires adding a new row to the table in phpmyadmin.
3) Board rank would be the same across all forums, although you could still add people into multiple groups if needed.
4) You can do this, but it's a lot of manual work. I've detailed it earlier in this thread.

2kreative

Thx for the feedback goose..that help wiht my decision...

btw
Do all of the forums have to share the same header?

tracilynnb

Quote from: tracilynnb on June 11, 2006, 03:58:50 PM
Another question, if you don't mind... is there a way to filter recent unread posts across forums...  For example on your site if you were on the "rats" forums, when you select Show unread posts since last visit, you would only see the unread posts from the "rats" forums and not all the others?

Does anyone have any ideas? My users are getting quite annoyed that they have to wade through posts that are not related to the forum they participate in. If anyone can give me any hints, I would greatly appreciate it.

I may even take a run at it myself... as I am sure it would be useful for others using this mod...
SMF 1.1.1
Joomla Bridge 1.6
Joomla 1.0.12

Goosemoose

Quote from: tracilynnb on June 11, 2006, 03:58:50 PM
Another question, if you don't mind... is there a way to filter recent unread posts across forums...  For example on your site if you were on the "rats" forums, when you select Show unread posts since last visit, you would only see the unread posts from the "rats" forums and not all the others?

It shouldn't be too hard, I'm just swamped right now. You basically need to add another join to the query that makes sure the posts are part of the forums listed in the current forum. Hopefully someone else can jump in and help you out.

Quote from: 2kreative on July 10, 2006, 01:00:39 PM
Thx for the feedback goose..that help wiht my decision...

btw
Do all of the forums have to share the same header?

By default they do, but it would be easy to set up several and change them based on the current forum. I do this myself as my rat forum as a different logo that loads, and the others don't.

c2h5oh

I'm just wondering.. is it possible to have one of the forums displayed in other domain? (and no, 301 redirect is not an option :P)
I'd just love to have all the forums displayed as categories in mydomain.com (bridged & wrapped) + each of them in sub1.mydomain.com, sub2.mydomain.com etc1 not bridge or wrapped (or wrapped but with joomla template containing the forum only it it is a must).

Can it be done, or should I ask: can someone tell me how to do that?

Basically I'm running a number of forums based on SMF and phpBB and I'd like to merge them into one, but leaving them as unchanged for users as possible (and loosing content on 14 PR3-5 domains is definitely not a good thing :P)
"The day Microsoft makes something that does not suck is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners"

Neol

If I want to have this forums each one in different subdomains? Is this possible?

Asked above :D

Goosemoose

Sure you could do it. All I think it would require is for you to point each subdomain to your smf folder, then link to the forum you want based on that subdomain.
i.e. smf is installed in /home/domains/petforum.com/public_html/smf
You have main domain petforum.com, with 3 subdomains, cat,rat, dog.
Make http://cat.petforum.com , http://rat.petforum.com, http://dog.petforum.com all point to /home/domains/petforum.com/public_html/, then link to each forum using http://cat.petforum.com/smf/index.php?forum=cat
http://rat.petforum.com/smf/index.php?forum=rat
and so on... Let me know if this works for you.

c2h5oh

Well, that's not exactly what I had in mind. I'd rather have cat forum accessible as http://cat.petforum.com (not /smf/whatever/) and if I did it your way I'd still have SMF wrapped in Joomla site and that's what I want to have for the main site only.

what I want to have:
www.mydomain.com -> joomla site with bridged smf forum including all subforums
sub1.mydomain.com -> SMF subforum only (no bridge, or at least joomla not visible)
sub2.mydomain.com -> ...

Just an idea - If there was a way to make SMF Bridge work with Open-SEF and bridge it to more than one Joomla installation (which should work) it could be done by creating component alias making the bridge accessible as www.domain.com/
"The day Microsoft makes something that does not suck is probably the day they start making vacuum cleaners"

Neol

I have another question for you Goosemoose. Is it possible te split the current forum that I have into differnt forums and to have my multiforum 1 database, 1 directory, 1 installation?!

Thanks.

Goosemoose

Olti,
Yes, that's exactly what this mod does :)

farren

HI,
I have tried to install this mod but when I try to used this url:
http://localhost/joomla/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=27&forum=EXPERTS [nofollow]

I have this error message:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'AND FIND_IN_SET(c.ID_CAT, "2,6,7,8,24,11") AND FIND_IN_SET(c.ID_CAT, "2,6,7,8,24' at line 18
Fichier: c:\wamp\www\SMF\Sources\BoardIndex.php

I used MySQL 5.0.22, Joomla 10.0.10, SMF 1.1RC2 and Bridge 1.1.5

Somebody could help me? I don't found the problem

Thanks

Goosemoose

Can you post the code around line 18 in your BoardIndex.php please. What theme are you using?

farren

I used my own theme based on the classic theme (Classic YaBB SE Theme) installed with the SMF 1.1RC2 and with very few modification.
Most of same are in css and few in php files(index.template.php, MessageIndex.template.php and setting.french.php
=> Theme_modification.zip [nofollow])

Here the boardindex.php but it is the normal boardindex.php of RC2 with only the line modify by this mods.

// Show the board index!
function BoardIndex()
{
global $txt, $scripturl, $db_prefix, $ID_MEMBER, $user_info, $sourcedir;
global $modSettings, $context, $settings;

// For wireless, we use the Wireless template...
if (WIRELESS)
$context['sub_template'] = WIRELESS_PROTOCOL . '_boardindex';
else
loadTemplate('BoardIndex');

// Remember the most recent topic for optimizing the recent posts feature.
$most_recent_topic = array(
'timestamp' => 0,
'ref' => null
);

// Added for the multiple forum mod
if(!empty($_REQUEST['forum']) && !isset($_REQUEST['board']) &&!isset($_REQUEST['topic'])){
$forumList = db_query("SELECT catList FROM {$db_prefix}forums WHERE forumName = '$_REQUEST[forum]'", __FILE__, __LINE__);
$row_forumList = mysql_fetch_assoc($forumList);
$user_info['query_see_board'] .= ' AND FIND_IN_SET(c.ID_CAT, "' . $row_forumList['catList'] . '")';
}

// Find all boards and categories, as well as related information.  This will be sorted by the natural order of boards and categories, which we control.
$result_boards = db_query("
SELECT
c.name AS catName, c.ID_CAT, b.ID_BOARD, b.name AS boardName, b.description,
b.numPosts, b.numTopics, b.ID_PARENT, IFNULL(m.posterTime, 0) AS posterTime,
IFNULL(mem.memberName, m.posterName) AS posterName, m.subject, m.ID_TOPIC,
IFNULL(mem.realName, m.posterName) AS realName," . ($user_info['is_guest'] ? "
1 AS isRead, 0 AS new_from" : "
(IFNULL(lb.ID_MSG, 0) >= b.ID_MSG_UPDATED) AS isRead, IFNULL(lb.ID_MSG, -1) + 1 AS new_from,
c.canCollapse, IFNULL(cc.ID_MEMBER, 0) AS isCollapsed") . ",
IFNULL(mem.ID_MEMBER, 0) AS ID_MEMBER, m.ID_MSG,
IFNULL(mods_mem.ID_MEMBER, 0) AS ID_MODERATOR, mods_mem.realName AS modRealName
FROM {$db_prefix}boards AS b
LEFT JOIN {$db_prefix}categories AS c ON (c.ID_CAT = b.ID_CAT)
LEFT JOIN {$db_prefix}messages AS m ON (m.ID_MSG = b.ID_LAST_MSG)
LEFT JOIN {$db_prefix}members AS mem ON (mem.ID_MEMBER = m.ID_MEMBER)" . (!$user_info['is_guest'] ? "
LEFT JOIN {$db_prefix}log_boards AS lb ON (lb.ID_BOARD = b.ID_BOARD AND lb.ID_MEMBER = $ID_MEMBER)
LEFT JOIN {$db_prefix}collapsed_categories AS cc ON (cc.ID_CAT = c.ID_CAT AND cc.ID_MEMBER = $ID_MEMBER)" : '') . "
LEFT JOIN {$db_prefix}moderators AS mods ON (mods.ID_BOARD = b.ID_BOARD)
LEFT JOIN {$db_prefix}members AS mods_mem ON (mods_mem.ID_MEMBER = mods.ID_MEMBER)
WHERE $user_info[query_see_board]" . (empty($modSettings['countChildPosts']) ? "
AND b.childLevel <= 1" : '') . " ORDER BY c.catOrder, b.boardOrder ASC" , __FILE__, __LINE__);

just for your information (I don't know if that can help you), I do my test under the last version of WAMP server 5

Thanks for your help

Goosemoose

Did you install the mod manually? That's not right, that code should be in Load.php not BoardIndex.php.

farren

Here the manual procedure found at the beginning of this topic.
Quote from: Goosemoose on January 06, 2006, 03:04:39 AM
6. The following fix thanks to Kingconnor

Open "yourforumdir/Sources/BoardIndex.php" and find the following code

$result_boards = db_query (around line 71)

Add above that the following code (might look familiar)

if(!empty($_REQUEST['forum']) && !isset($_REQUEST['board']) &&!isset($_REQUEST['topic'])){
      $forumList = db_query("SELECT catList FROM {$db_prefix}forums WHERE forumName = '$_REQUEST[forum]'", __FILE__, __LINE__);
     $user_info['query_see_board'] .= ' AND FIND_IN_SET(c.ID_CAT, "' . $row_forumList['catList'] . '")';
   }

here the code I have added on my boardindex.php
}

but you ask me if I have installed it manually, that means I can found an install mods file?

Goosemoose

Hmm, forgot about that step. Try it without that first and see if it works.

farren

Thanks GooseMoose,
since I have added DisableQuotedPrintable = 1 in smf_settings everything is ok.

But Still have a problem.
I have wrappe SMF in Joomla but when I do an answer or create a new topics after I have clicked on send, The forum is in full page and joomla has dissappeared. It was due to the url used for the return : http://localhost/SMF/index.php [nofollow]...... and not http://localhost/joomla/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=27&forum=LOST...... [nofollow]

I have the same problem if I try to delete a post or move it.

Could you help me?

Goosemoose

Farren: That will be a general smf bridge question, and shouldn't be related to this mod. Create a new post on this board and someone will help you.

farren

I have finally found the solution here : http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=99329.0

It is a wonderfull mods and exactly why I want to have on my site.

Thanks Goosemoose.

Advertisement: