News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Topic Solved Mod

Started by Grudge, March 07, 2004, 07:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nibogo

Quote from: stmartin on July 09, 2008, 11:38:00 AM
Where is the Topic Solved button? i can see only accept and reject?

Yes , simplemachines have another version of this mod , the Topic Solved of Grudge have the "Accept" and "Reject"

So how i can have something similar to the smf topic solved??

stmartin

Here is one private Topic Solved mod. It works like a charm.

ArkServer

Quote from: stmartin on July 30, 2008, 10:45:32 AM

installed on 1.1.5 but dont see any admin settings?

ArkServer

Quote from: NIBOGO on August 04, 2008, 06:47:19 PM
Quote from: ArkServer on August 04, 2008, 08:04:00 AM
Quote from: stmartin on July 30, 2008, 10:45:32 AM

installed on 1.1.5 but dont see any admin settings?

In

Admin -->Forum --> Boards --> Topic Solved Settings

Thanks, i figured it out.  :P

splatman

Ok, I tried to figure this out for some time and I'm finally throwing in the towel for help.  I keep getting this error whenever I edit or add a board:

8: Undefined index: topicsolved
File: /forum/Sources/ManageBoards.php
Line: 597

Line 597 in ManageBoards.php reads as:

$boardOptions['topic_solved'] = $_POST['topicsolved'];

Can anyone assist please?

TheDel

can we set permissions for this?
Looks like admin is the only one who sees this.

well at least on my board

Dmccabe

Hi I have some questions about this mod.

1) Is it possible to get this in a zip file rather than .tar.gz as I dont seem able to open then on XP Machine.

2) What I am hoping this mod does is allow users to mark "their own" threads as solved and also allow moderators/admins to mark the thread as solved, Is this what this mod does?

Thanks in advance!

splatman

Quote1) Is it possible to get this in a zip file rather than .tar.gz as I dont seem able to open then on XP Machine.

Load the compressed file with your SMF forum - Admin> Packages> Download Packages - and then point to the compressed file.  The forum will upload and extract it.  Don't try and unzip it before using it.

I made this mistake when I first started - then someone told me how to get the mod installed.

Dmccabe

Dmccabe

hmmm this is not quite what I was after, as far as I can tell all it does it marks the thread in bright green when you view it.

I need something that is actually going to change the topic title so it has the word [SOLVED] in front of it and allows the user to mark it solved, the mods or admins to do the same.

TheDel

Quote from: Dmccabe on August 14, 2008, 10:26:55 AM
hmmm this is not quite what I was after, as far as I can tell all it does it marks the thread in bright green when you view it.

I need something that is actually going to change the topic title so it has the word [SOLVED] in front of it and allows the user to mark it solved, the mods or admins to do the same.
It does if you type SOLVED in the prefix and set method on BOTH

Now my question again.......... are admins the only ones w/the ability to set it as solved. Is there a way so that the topic starter can do this?

splatman

QuoteNow my question again.......... are admins the only ones w/the ability to set it as solved. Is there a way so that the topic starter can do this?

Mine locks and is marked [SOLVED] as soon as you click on the check mark.  Whoever starts the thread can lock or make it solved.  I think I had to add some code to make it automatically lock AND show as [SOLVED].  I'm sorry though, I don't know what code I had to add.  I think it was posted in this thread on the first few pages.

And my question again - keep throwing errors whenever I create a new board or edit one:

Line 597 in ManageBoards.php reads as:

Can anyone assist please?

TheDel

Quote from: splatman on August 17, 2008, 10:36:14 PM
QuoteNow my question again.......... are admins the only ones w/the ability to set it as solved. Is there a way so that the topic starter can do this?

Mine locks and is marked [SOLVED] as soon as you click on the check mark.  Whoever starts the thread can lock or make it solved.  I think I had to add some code to make it automatically lock AND show as [SOLVED].  I'm sorry though, I don't know what code I had to add.  I think it was posted in this thread on the first few pages.

It works for me but I know its not showing for the topic starter. I just hope there someone that can answer this.

splatman

You may have already tried this, and I'm not near my computer right now (iPhone), but see if there are any "permissions" that need to be set to allow other members to have the ability to create a topic solved topic. 

Just a thought - again sorry I can't point you to the exact area.  I'll try and remember to look when I get home from work, perhaps I can give you the right place to look then.

It would be nice if the mod owner could offer some assistance as well,  Are they NOT supporting this mod anymore?

renlok

I just installed this, awesome mod btw. But has anyone made something where it shows a list of top user eg people who have given good answers the most? or would i have to code this myself?
WeLink Directory
How Do I? - Get help with anything.
WeBid - Free auction script.

zeridon

Hi,
This mod looks OK but i need it a bit simplified (maybe oversimplified)

I really don't need al that permisions and stuff. I just want it to be relegated to a button which changes the topic icon and prefixes the subject with a predefined tag.

Can somebody give me hints how to achive it?

splatman

Hey Grudge - any way you can assist with this issue??

I keep getting errors when I add or edit a board - here's the error:

Line 597 in ManageBoards.php reads:

Advertisement: