News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigguy

When you install a mod via package manager, there is a "list files" link next to the mod in the package manager. Press that and find the .xml file, all the modifications it does during install to the default theme are in there. Apply those to your other theme template files and you should be good to go.

garfunkle

Thanks! I'm pretty sure i can get it from here.

K_4_kelly

hi

is it possible for us to set the ads to display above/buttom the menu on the first page only?

thanks

woden

I finally got the permissions to work. I had to go into the phpMyAdmin and reset all the ad management permissions to zero, then go thru the permissions (in forum admin) and check/uncheck as needed.

Just a note for anyone who might have the same issue.

bjraines

any chance of adding adsense revenue sharing?

hartiberlin

Hi,
I am getting this error, when I try to install this mod on my RC2 forum at www.overunity.com
with the 1.5 Version of the mod:

Installations actions for "Ad Managment":
Installing this package will perform the following actions:  Type Action Description
1. Execute Code install.php 
2. Execute Modification - Modification parse error

I had uploaded the ZIP file in the download package manager and it displays this parse error,
so now I am afraid to install it.
I already did the CHMOD to 777 of the 5 or 6 files mentioned at the beginning of the thread...

What can I do ?

P.S: How can I just search this topic for keywords ?
Did simplemachines forget to include a search function just in a specific topic ????

================

PPS: Now it installed after I manually change all the folder and all files
to CHMOD 777 and also removed the Backup folder in Packages folder.

But now I have a different problem !
Where do I find the ads menu in the admin section ?

Do I have the wrong theme ? I am using the old standard theme,
Please have a look at:
www.overunity.com

Many thanks.

===============
Update: I have used so far on my forum the Babylon Theme !
That seems to be not the SMF default theme with the new 1.1 RC2 release...
Hmm... I changed the default theme now back and forth between
Babylon Theme and SMF default theme,but I could never find the ads options menu
in the admin section ! Where is it ?

Do I have to uninstall the ads mods again, then switch to SMF default theme and
then reinstall the mod and then it will work ?
Thanks.

================

Hmm, now sh*t happens again, now I wanted to uninstall it from the package manager,
in the admin section , but it says:

!!Error in Package Installation

At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.
Uninstall Actions
Uninstall Actions "Ad Managment":
Installing this package will perform the following actions:  Type Action Description
1. Execute Modification install.xml Modification parse error
2. Execute Modification - Modification parse error

------
So how can I uninstall it from the Babylon theme , change then to the new SMF default theme
and install it again ?
Many thanks.

Bluesman

Hi,

I want to install this bad boy on a custom theme called Oxygen. I've checked the XML file for file modifications to do. The problem is that my theme only contains these files:

BoardIndex.template
index.template
Themes.template

and the file in languages

I'm missing the Display.template.php and MessageIndex.template.php files here. If i costom modify the files that are there, and run the mod on the default theme, i'm getting errors (i wouldn't expect anything else though).

hartiberlin

How can I manually UNINSTALL this mod ?
The automatic uninstall does not work as posted 2 posts ago...

Please help, I am in a very hurry to get this to work.
Many thanks.
Regards, Stefan.

P.S: I had disabled under OPTIONS the Tilde backup of old files...
Is this why I can´t uninstall the mod now ??

hartiberlin

Is it possible just to set the forum to the SMF default theme and then
reinstall the mod manually by  just uploading all  the single files from the ZIP archive
to the forum´s root directory
and then call via a webbrowser the install.php script ?

===== Update:
That doesn´t also work.
Then there comes up the error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: db_query() in /mounted-storage/home4/sub002/sc11940-GNVW/overunity/install.php on line 3

hartiberlin

Now I tried to restore from the SMF RC2 install zip package the following files:

ModSettings.php
Modifications.english.php
Help.english.php
index.template.php
BoardIndex.template.php
Display.template.php
MessageIndex.template.php
ManagePermissions.php

and FTPed them into my forum into the right directories and
CHMODed them to 777.
Then I tried to install the mod again now running in the SMF default theme,
while my forum was in Maintenance Mode...

But then I only got the parse errors again and when I tried to even install it anyway,
it reported:

Fatal error: packageinstall(): Failed opening required '/mounted-storage/home4/sub002/sc11940-GNVW/overunity/Packages/temp/./install.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /mounted-storage/home4/sub002/sc11940-GNVW/overunity/Sources/Packages.php on line 534

So what can I still try beforeI have to reinstall a clean version of SMF to overcome
alll these problems ?
Please help.
Many thanks.

jerm

Quote from: bjraines on May 07, 2006, 09:45:21 PM
any chance of adding adsense revenue sharing?
no, that can't and wont be included for certain reasons i can't mention

hartiberlin:
This only installs on the default them for RC2 which is not the babylon theme. If you want to manually uninstall/install, you will have to read the install.xml file which is located inside the zipped file. Try clearing out the Temp folder located inside the package directory.
Read the first post to find out where the ad panel is located.. there are even pictures to help you out.

Quote from: woden on May 07, 2006, 05:15:37 PM
I finally got the permissions to work. I had to go into the phpMyAdmin and reset all the ad management permissions to zero, then go thru the permissions (in forum admin) and check/uncheck as needed.

Just a note for anyone who might have the same issue.
You would have had to disallow the ads not only for the non post membergroup, but for the post membergroup has well. In this case, you coud have just Denied the permission in the non-post membergroup to do this

woden

I was trying to get around the fact that the ads still show for admins. In my case I have 4 admins.

Heres something I have managed to scrape together to handle it.

if (in_array(13, $GLOBALS['user_info']['groups']))     
{ echo ' I dont see an ad ';}
else
{ echo ' I do see ads ';}

Group 13 is my "VIP" group, adfree. Thus the ads still show for everybody except the chosen ones ;D

Of course replace "I dont see ads" with a blank and replace "I do see ads" with the ad code.

Naberius

Works very well thanks for making this one. I know you have mentioned a few times about enabling the mod to handle different banners for various page locations. I'm just wondering if you are looking into this or not.
The community I run is own by a non profit organization and we are selling advertising space on the forum, it would be very handy if we could offer banners in various locations.

Keep the good works comming.

hartiberlin

Quote from: electrohome on May 11, 2006, 01:55:52 AM

hartiberlin:
This only installs on the default them for RC2 which is not the babylon theme. If you want to manually uninstall/install, you will have to read the install.xml file which is located inside the zipped file. Try clearing out the Temp folder located inside the package directory.
Read the first post to find out where the ad panel is located.. there are even pictures to help you out.

Hi ,
as I have replaced all the original files you modify in your install.xml file again with the installion files ,
I wonder, why I can´t install the ad mod again then ?
Do you also write to any other files or configuration or *.ini files ?
As I have replaced:

ModSettings.php
Help.english.php
index.template.php
BoardIndex.template.php
Display.template.php
ManagePermissions.php

again with the original files from the SMF RC2 install package and also deleted the
TEMP folder in the Packages Folder, why does a new install of your Ad mod does not work ?

Many thanks.
Regards, Stefan.

jerm

Quote from: AMBA on May 11, 2006, 05:30:19 PM
Works very well thanks for making this one. I know you have mentioned a few times about enabling the mod to handle different banners for various page locations. I'm just wondering if you are looking into this or not.
The community I run is own by a non profit organization and we are selling advertising space on the forum, it would be very handy if we could offer banners in various locations.

Keep the good works comming.

I do, and i realize that its been a long time since a new release, but i just finished school last week. I've been relaxing some, and going to be taking a few day vacation soon as well. I also have other mods i'd like to write , so ya, but i will code a new version soon. I will be coding it a lot different, so the ad mod will soon be in version 2 :)

Quote from: hartiberlin on May 11, 2006, 06:00:15 PM
Quote from: electrohome on May 11, 2006, 01:55:52 AM

hartiberlin:

Hi ,
as I have replaced all the original files you modify in your install.xml file again with the installion files ,
I wonder, why I can´t install the ad mod again then ?
Do you also write to any other files or configuration or *.ini files ?
As I have replaced:

ModSettings.php
Help.english.php
index.template.php
BoardIndex.template.php
Display.template.php
ManagePermissions.php

again with the original files from the SMF RC2 install package and also deleted the
TEMP folder in the Packages Folder, why does a new install of your Ad mod does not work ?

Many thanks.
Regards, Stefan.

What are the errors your getting, and which files?

evilopinions

Guests cannot see the ads only registered members can ! Help !

jerm

Quote from: evilopinions on May 11, 2006, 10:07:52 PM
Guests cannot see the ads only registered members can ! Help !
Admin > permissions
modify the guest permissions
Enable ads
make sure that permission is checked

Naberius

QuoteI do, and i realize that its been a long time since a new release, but i just finished school last week. I've been relaxing some, and going to be taking a few day vacation soon as well. I also have other mods i'd like to write , so ya, but i will code a new version soon. I will be coding it a lot different, so the ad mod will soon be in version 2

No worries sounds good.

hartiberlin

Quote from: electrohome on May 11, 2006, 09:38:00 PM

What are the errors your getting, and which files?

These are the errors:

At least one error was encountered during a test installation of this package. It is strongly recommended that you do not continue with installation unless you know what you are doing, and have made a backup very recently. This error may be caused by a conflict between the package you're trying to install and another package you have already installed, an error in the package, a package which requires another package that you don't have installed yet, or a package designed for another version of SMF.
Install Actions
2. Execute Modification install.xml Modification parse error
3. Execute Modification - Modification parse error

===================

I had now the Default theme enabled and deleted the Temp folder in Packages
and it said, no Mods installed, the uploaded the 1.5 version zip file again and when
clicking "Install" it shows these parsing errors. All Files have 777 permissons !
What can I still try ?
Thanks.

hartiberlin

This mod seems not to work at all !
I just did a fresh install of a new SMF 1.1 RC2 forum on another domain
www.westpreussenlied.de/forum/

and tried to install the ad mod there.

Then there came the following parse errors up:

Install Actions
2. Execute Modification install.xml Modification parse error
3. Execute Modification - Modification parse error

Then I manually changed again all files in all directories to 777 permission and
then finally the ad mod did install without parse or any other errors !

But now I have the problem, there is nowhere any option to set the ads up !!
There is no ad mod screen under "features and options" in the admin panel !

See these 2 pics:

What can I still do to get this ad mod working ?
Does it need to turn PHP Safe mode to OFF on the server ??
Please help.
Many thanks.

Advertisement: