News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hartiberlin

Hi Jeremy,
is the new version with the skyscraper ad support soon coming,
or should I try to integrate these via tinyportal for instance ?

How many different ads will you support throughout the forum ?
Will there be more control which ads could be displayed in different "corners"
of the forum ?
Many thanks for your great work.

eladio

Quote from: Gamersea on June 03, 2006, 04:40:10 PM
I don't know what you language is.
But it makes some modifications in your:
Modifactions.English.php file that is in your theme directory.
To see it on your features at your language you have to copy the text in the modification.english.php file and past it in your modifications.your language.php file.

thanks , i have read this topic carefuly from start and find what i need to modify , and it works great  :)

..but is preaty easy with this link that i put over there (  http://www.mypage.com/mySMFforum/index.php?action=featuresettings;sa=ad_management ) call for ADS menu :)

..and then on blind test the code and manage banner , hehe  :)

hmm.. is there someone findout and solve a version of this mod for a classic theme or someother theme ??

..i have read that some people have a version for other themes, maybe they can ZIP a file/s for us  ???

:)

RBH

i am using this mod to place topsite banners and linkshare banners at the bottom of my pages. every looks like i want them to except when i open the smf arcade. when i open the arcade all of my topsite banners move to the top just below the tab bar and my linkshare banners at the bottom are off set and not how they look throughout the rest of the forum. since this only happens when using the arcade, what might i look at to try and remedy this? anyone else using this mod in the same fashion and have smf arcade and no problems? i used tables within my banner scripts and i thought maybe that might be the culprit but it doesn't display incorrectly on any page except the arcade. any suggestions would be appreciated. 

WarBirD

I have to admit, I am a little lost with all these changes making to different themes to make Mods work. :( Is it possible someone could make this Theme called Black22 to work with the Ad Management Mod. I really would appreciate the help. ;)

hawkshaw

Install Actions for archive ad_mod_1-0-7_v1-0-2b.zip:
Installing this package will perform the following actions:
   Type    Action    Description
1.    Execute Code    install.php    
2.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ModSettings.php    Success
3.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Success
4.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/index.template.php    Failure
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Success
6.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/Display.template.php    Success
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php    Success
8.    Execute Modification    ./Sources/ManagePermissions.php    Success

All installation is okay but my index.template.php , can anyone help me with this? :(

hawkshaw

Bigguy

Do you have any other mods installed ???

Quote from: hawkshaw on June 05, 2006, 07:34:13 PM
3.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php    Success
5.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php    Success
7.    Execute Modification    ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php    Success

All installation is okay but my index.template.php , can anyone help me with this? :(

ellie789

Hi

Does anyone know how to modify this so that it will work on other themes apart from the Default theme. I would greatly appreciate any help with this as it is a great mod but would be better if worked on different themes.

Ellie

WarBirD

@Ellie: It works on other themes actually, but you have to edit files for it to make it work. And like i said above, I am not that freaky with all that Code stuff, so I would appreciate any help myself to get it work for different themes. I tried some things and they didn´t work like they were supposed to be. I hope you and I, both get a little help and a little understand from all those Code Freaks out there that see all this as not really something difficult. ;)

Bigguy

Read back a couple pages, I set out all the edits you need to do to other themes in order to get it to work.

Quote from: ellie789 on June 06, 2006, 06:35:56 AM
Hi

Does anyone know how to modify this so that it will work on other themes apart from the Default theme. I would greatly appreciate any help with this as it is a great mod but would be better if worked on different themes.

Ellie

WarBirD

Quote from: Bigguy on June 06, 2006, 07:19:31 AM
Read back a couple pages, I set out all the edits you need to do to other themes in order to get it to work.

I tried some things and they didn´t work like they were supposed to be. So I guess its not that easy for anyone. Thats why I asked for a little help.

Bigguy

Did you read my posts as to what to edit. ??? Not all themes are the same. In some, the code is changed a bit. I suggest if you can`t get it by editing it yourself maybe the theme author will be able to help out.

hawkshaw

Quote from: Bigguy on June 05, 2006, 07:53:29 PM
Do you have any other mods installed ???

Quote from: hawkshaw on June 05, 2006, 07:34:13 PM

yup. 3 mods.

Mod Name     Version      
1.    SMF 1.0.7 / 1.1 RC2 Update    1.0    
2.    TinyPortal    0.86    
3.    Simple ImageShack    1.2.1

WarBirD

Quote from: Bigguy on June 06, 2006, 07:29:11 AM
Did you read my posts as to what to edit. ??? Not all themes are the same. In some, the code is changed a bit. I suggest if you can`t get it by editing it yourself maybe the theme author will be able to help out.

Yes, I read your posts but like you said, not all themes are the same. Thats a problem with many mods. And I know from some already asked Theme Authors, for other Reasons, that a lot of them don´t really care how to adapt a mod to their theme.

I will try to ask the Author of the Theme I need it for, hopefully it won´t be the same reaction. ;) Thx anyways.

Bigguy

I will try to help you later if you can`t find any help, I have to step out for a bit first though.

WarBirD

Quote from: Bigguy on June 06, 2006, 07:39:41 AM
I will try to help you later if you can`t find any help, I have to step out for a bit first though.

Thx m8, appreciate it.  ;) I added you in MSN, maybe we can talk later there. Thx again for your patience.

hawkshaw

Bigguy

Yep thats no problem. Anything I can do to help out.

WarBirD

Don´t worry, not all people are so incapable as I am.  :D :D

shinji

MODD Artesano y Profesional..
(Mr.Shinji/Christianeithor)
User bar

Advertisement: