News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Attachments on SafeMode PHP

Started by Hurky, March 15, 2004, 10:13:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hurky

I am running the forum at a free webspace that have safemode enabled, I remember from yabse editing some files to omitt chmod, I have added comments to this in post.php and profile.php...

// Attempt to chmod it.
// @chmod($destName, 0644);

... but no success, the avatars still get not uploaded and the attachments apears in text form saying things like: ?PNG 

Regards.

Villesa

I too have SAFE_MODE enabled by my host, attachment seams to work just fine without any modification. And avatars also, no problems
You'll get the idea

I'm all ok.

[Unknown]

Lycos even does attachments perfectly.  If your host is so crappy that they can't have things work properly, I hope you're not paying them.

-[Unknown]

Hurky

No, I don't want to pay for this bad server :) it's a free one..  But with YabSE I could put attachments adding comments to the chmod things, but in SMF this seems not to work anymore :(

Grudge

You have chmod'd the attachments directory, yes? Nothing gets put in there at all? Maybe they have disabled a function used by SMF?
I'm only a half geek really...

Hurky

Hi Grudge, thx for respond; I've chmod attachments folder to 777, in there are some files ( 8_Prueba_png0ac41bef4f3c7dbd0256dc99b711f999 ) originaly named Prueba.png and fullo functional (downloaded it and renamed and they are ok) .. The problem is something with the permissions, SMF is trying to change something and the host is denying...

Grudge

Is this the same for both images and text type attachments? I mean do non-image attachments work?
I'm only a half geek really...

[Unknown]

If it uploaded it fine, that's not the problem.  Can you give a link?

-[Unknown]

Hurky

Here you get the link. [nofollow]

Text files will be shown but without formating..

[Unknown]

Everything is having ads added to the end, which is why it's not working properly.

-[Unknown]

Hurky

It works! .. I've disabled encrypting attachments and now the files apears correctly :D

Thanks !

Darnok

I have the same problem. I can't upload avatars on a server wirth Safemode=on.
But disabling the decryption didn't help. What else can I do?

[Unknown]

Quote from: Darnok on October 21, 2004, 08:34:35 AM
I have the same problem. I can't upload avatars on a server wirth Safemode=on.
But disabling the decryption didn't help. What else can I do?

What error message do you get?  Can we have a test account with permissions to post attachments?  A phpinfo? (What is phpinfo.php?)

Please start a new topic for a new support request.

-[Unknown]

Advertisement: