SMF compatible with phpnuke?

Started by defensieforum, August 16, 2003, 02:51:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoW Kid Rock

so has anyone figured out how to integrate phpnuke and smf together? I have looked through the thread, but couldn't find anything that specified what one would have to do to impliment it.

it isn't necessary to have smf open into php nuke (a new page is fine), but would really like to have the same member database for both.  it is a real pain to get everyone to sign up for both and have to sign in to both

thank you in advance

Soulmaster

check out my lightning site

Sting

I haven't really messed in php that much or nething, but is there a way just to bridge the two databases by setting something up so that when you create/modify something in nuke or something in smf that it will look at that and make the changes in the other? You could still keep the two databases seperate (something I wish I could eliminate, but what the hey)...

Someone I talked to a while back told me that this was indeed possible coding it in php or even C, but you would have to break down alot of code to see what is being called where (in all instances that one or the other could be modified) and synch them.

Maybe that helps, maybe that's what you've been trying, and/or maybe it just confuses the matter, but at least it's posted....  ::)

Advertisement: