News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

SMF Shoutbox

Started by Deep, March 15, 2006, 08:09:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiwitje

How can i get the shoutbox in every board? So everywhere the user is on the forum, he/she can see the shoutbox. Now it's only on the main template.

Hack

Quote from: runescapetrades on September 08, 2006, 06:16:12 AM
IVE FOUND THE ANSWER
ok, open up sboxdb.php in your forum directory, under "sources". Open up that file, go to line 181.. and look for this "      $result .= htmlentities($s, ENT_NOQUOTES, $context['character_set']);
    } else {"

Take that out, save the file, and replace it with the old sboxdb.php and then its fixed.. =) hope this has helped..
Nick

Just did what runescape suggested above and my chatbox is now functioning correctly on my RC3 forum. Was having the error on line 91 previously reported beforehand

Tuan

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: template_shout_box() in /home/xxx/public_html/xxx/Sources/sbox.php on line 35

:( what do i do now?  :P

Kettu

Quote from: kyt on September 09, 2006, 01:48:33 PM
Does anyone else's site have this problem when viewed with FF?
I never have problems with my Firefox. All works fine.

Quote from: Kiwitje on September 10, 2006, 09:38:26 AM
How can i get the shoutbox in every board? So everywhere the user is on the forum, he/she can see the shoutbox. Now it's only on the main template.
It is on the main page because you added it to the boardindex.template.php. You can try to add it to other templates.

Quote from: Tuan on September 11, 2006, 02:32:21 AM

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: template_shout_box() in /home/xxx/public_html/xxx/Sources/sbox.php on line 35

As littleone already said: look if the shoutbox code is there twice.
Did you deinstall the old shoutbox before installing your current version?
Main Forum: SMF 2.0.6
Co-Forum: SMF 2.0.6

Nic-

it worked fine but can not display utf-8 ( especially vietnamese )

is there a way to fix it ?

thanks

Kettu

Quote from: Nic- on September 11, 2006, 02:12:01 PM
it worked fine but can not display utf-8 ( especially vietnamese )

is there a way to fix it ?

thanks

I think mbirth is working on that problem. But maybe that helps with your problem, too. Just try it.

Quote from: runescapetrades on September 08, 2006, 06:16:12 AM
Quote from: Kettu on September 07, 2006, 08:54:43 AM
Quote from: Azmodan on September 07, 2006, 08:30:59 AM
I am having the same problem.  I use English.  This is what we get:

Warning: htmlentities(): charset `ANSI_X3.4-1968' not supported, assuming iso-8859-1 in /var/www/html/blackwolf/Sources/sboxDB.php on line 91
[X][Thu 08:29] <Azmo> This is the problem we are having when we post.

It posts the message, but puts the warning right above it.  Any ideas how to fix it?
Is it only a problem you have or does all have this message?

IVE FOUND THE ANSWER
ok, open up sboxdb.php in your forum directory, under "sources". Open up that file, go to line 181.. and look for this "      $result .= htmlentities($s, ENT_NOQUOTES, $context['character_set']);
    } else {"

Take that out, save the file, and replace it with the old sboxdb.php and then its fixed.. =) hope this has helped..
Nick

littleone

Quote from: Tuan on September 11, 2006, 02:32:21 AM

Your missing something in their now at least thats what it looks like.  If you want my opinion, you need to completely uninstall the shoutbox, go back into the fills that get modified and make sure that all the relavent shout box codes are out, and then do a clean reinstall.  Thats just my suggestion.....

-OR-

if you are using a custom theme, you might be missing some of the code.  The packaged sbox only modifies the default themes, so if you have a custom theme, you need to manually add the code, to you Themes/CustomTheme/modified files

Hack

Is it possible to add custom bbcode to shoutbox? Me and the rest of the forum users are avid world of warcraft players so as you can imagine I have added a mod called itemstats to my forum. This allows us to link some of the game items within forums posts. Would it be possible to make other mods work in the shoutbox?

Itemstats uses
[wowitem]ITEM NAME[/wowitem]
to insert links in. Once the link is in users simply mouse over the words and it shows the result in a javascript floaty window thing.

Kettu

Normally the BBCode of your forum should work. So if you have it for your whole board it should work, in my opinion.

Hack

ok, well thanks for the reply. it doesnt work for the shoutbox, but does for posts. nevermind i am sure I am make the other members stop moaning evetunally ;)

UPDATE
This is the actual error message when I try and use the bbcode I listed a post or two ago:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: itemstats_parse() in /ADDRESS TO SITE/forum/Sources/Subs.php(1101) : runtime-created function on line 1

Does this mean anything to you? :)

Kettu

Quote from: Hack on September 13, 2006, 06:58:04 AM
Does this mean anything to you? :)
To me not, but maybe to mbirth, he's the programmer of the team. ;)

tL0z

Hi,

How can I allow a Group to delete shouts?

Thanks

littleone

Quote from: tL0z on September 13, 2006, 05:36:08 PM
Hi,

How can I allow a Group to delete shouts?

Thanks

The most recent version allows anyone with the permission of "Allowed to Moderate Forum" to be able to delete shouts.  This is the only way.  mbirth didnt want to make the shout box so large as to include modifications to the permissions, so this is the only way you can have others, besides admins be able to delete shouts.

fleek

Can I make a request for user ability to change the color of their shout text?

fleek

Warning: htmlentities(): charset `ANSI_X3.4-1968' not supported, assuming iso-8859-1 in /var/www/html/blackwolf/Sources/sboxDB.php on line 91
[X][Thu 08:29] <Azmo> This is the problem we are having when we post.

I solved the problem by replacing $context['character_set'] with "UTF-8".

Piwaille

Hello

Just to say I've made a very little mod on the mod :
when a guest visit the shoutbox, is allowed to see it but not to post, I put a little message to say "sorry but you should register or connect"

in sbox.template.php, look for
if ((!$context['user']['is_guest']) || ($modSettings['sbox_GuestAllowed'] == "1")) {
  echo '
        <input type="hidden" name="ts" value="'.forum_time(true).'">
<input class="windowbg2" type="text" name="sboxText" size="100" maxlength="320" />&nbsp;<input type="submit" class="input" value="&nbsp;flood&nbsp;" />';
}

add after
else
{
echo('
Depuis le passage d\'un certain robot spammeur, les invités ne peuvent plus poster dans le (t)chat<BR>
Merci de vous <A HREF="/forum/index.php?action=register">enregistrer</A> ou de vous <A HREF="/forum/index.php?action=login">connecter</A><BR>'
);
}

(my text is in french and should be putted in Modifications.french.php but I'm much too lazy :( )
Piwaille
le chant du vario est motorisé par SMF 1.1.15

chadk

When I have extra emotes enabled (via the popup window) and a user is trying to post a message, the emote characters are placed in the shoutbox, not the topic post.  I have modified my shoutbox to display under the main_content of the site instead of above the Boardindex because my users like it on every page. http://www.aviary.info

littleone

Quote from: fleek on September 14, 2006, 03:04:45 AM
Can I make a request for user ability to change the color of their shout text?

They already can.  They can use bbc to do it.

fous

We need an RC3 version bro!!! Please update

Kettu

Quote from: fous on September 14, 2006, 05:52:22 PM
We need an RC3 version bro!!! Please update
You should read before talking. We already HAVE a version for RC3. \||/

Advertisement: