News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Custom Profile Field Mod

Started by winrules, March 30, 2006, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Treslayr

Quote from: Kindred on January 25, 2009, 11:02:33 PM
use smf 2.0....   the custom profile fields are built in, standard.
Kindred... I am about ready to make the jump to 2.0... Is there anyway to keep the data that is now in the current custom profile fields and place them in the new ones created in 2.0?

Basically my forum is an alumni site for a high school... The Custom Profile field on my board is the members graduation year... So obviously I am wanting to keep this info... I would hate to do this and end up having to do it all my hand...

Enders

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 3
File: /home/chatcraf/public_html/forum/Sources/CustomProfile.php
Line: 539

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.7, while your database is at version 1.1.6. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

Smf version: 1.1.7

It only happens when u try to edit "Forum Profile Information. Anyone?                      

Kindred

Treslayr,

The data will not be "lost" but you would have to change the title fields for all of the entries.   I did it for one of my upgrades, but I don't recall of the top of my head what the exact SQL command was.   I'll try to re-look...

Enders, looks like you have a mis-entered code. Did you modify your CustomProfile.php file?

What's line 530-550?

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

darkon

I think the possibilty to upgrade this mod to the build-in function in 2.0 would be a great help for a lot of users. :)

Rumbaar

Quote from: darkon on February 05, 2009, 02:31:00 PM
I think the possibilty to upgrade this mod to the build-in function in 2.0 would be a great help for a lot of users. :)
It is already a CORE feature of 2.x
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

darkon

I know, that the function is a core feature of 2.0, but at my testboard the data permitted by users under 1.1.7 and this mod wasn´t taken over to the 2.0 RC1

Thats what i meant with upgrading to the build in function, to upgrade the permitted data

Rumbaar

Ah I see you mean an upgrade script to alter the current 1.1.x method of storage to the 2.x method of storage.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

rpalmer68

I do remember seeing an SQL script on this board a few months ago somewhere for upgrading 1.1.x data to native 2.0, but can't seem to locate it now!

sdodc09

Is there anything that will work with SMF 1.1.8 to customize the profile, or registration page? I have an alumni forum that people are using but I need to ask for their year of graduation and name.

Akyhne

drhamad

Quote from: rpalmer68 on February 06, 2009, 02:21:37 AM
I do remember seeing an SQL script on this board a few months ago somewhere for upgrading 1.1.x data to native 2.0, but can't seem to locate it now!

Yeah I'm looking for that too... someone has to have written one at some point.
FMVperformance:  3.51m posts, 63k members, 11 boards, 1 database

Mazda3Forums - SmallVolvos - MazdaSpeeders Mazda Club - FordFusionClubMazda CX-7 Club - MyMazda6
Now introducing: MKSdrivers.com - FocusDrivers - TaurusDrivers

Trashcan

Quote from: sdodc09 on February 06, 2009, 09:49:20 AM
Is there anything that will work with SMF 1.1.8 to customize the profile, or registration page? I have an alumni forum that people are using but I need to ask for their year of graduation and name.
X2 on that question

drhamad

Quote from: Trashcan on February 11, 2009, 09:36:00 AM
Quote from: sdodc09 on February 06, 2009, 09:49:20 AM
X2 on that question

I'm confused.  What are you guys looking for that this mod does not provide? Or is it just that there's some minor error in the installer?

Mazda3Forums - SmallVolvos - MazdaSpeeders Mazda Club - FordFusionClubMazda CX-7 Club - MyMazda6

Akyhne

What installer? The mod is not available anymore.

rpalmer68

Quote from: drhamad on February 10, 2009, 11:33:04 AM
Quote from: rpalmer68 on February 06, 2009, 02:21:37 AM

Yeah I'm looking for that too... someone has to have written one at some point.

OK FOUND IT!

Read these posts ...

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=79004.msg1434228#msg1434228

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=79004.msg1474177#msg1474177

Akyhne

Can anybody tell me where to get this mod?

drhamad

My bad, didn't realize that.  That's weird.

Tapsa2

One question i haven't found the answer to.

When i upgrade to SMF 2.0 should i first uninstall this mod and then do the conversion for the inbuilt custom profile field in SMF 2.0. Will the data of this mod still be found in the database.
If i don't uninstall this mod before upgrading to SMF 2.0, will it maybe cause problems?
Suomi - Finland

Akyhne

I would definitely uninstall all mods before upgrading. I don't know how this mod works, as it can't be downloaded. But I can't see why it should delete db settings. If the author did it right, he don't delete anything in the db. How should people then be able to upgrade to a newer version of his mod.

Tapsa2

Okay.
I just downloaded the package for this mod from my Forum directory and read the package-info.xml. And it says uninstalling this mod won't loose any data.
The version of this mod i'm using is 3.16 (the newest is 3.19) and works with SMF1.1.8
So if you "akyhne" want, i can attach the package here.
Suomi - Finland

Advertisement: