News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Custom Profile Field Mod

Started by winrules, March 30, 2006, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BitBass

Any word on when more view options will be included?

And thanks very much for the mod!  It's a whole lot easier than me editing files.

1web

I was just given a link here from the "Request Mods" board, and it sounds like a perfect solution... but I'm reading down the list of posts and it looks like everybody's having failures. Will this mod work for 1.08? I have everything default otherwise since I just installed the forum yesterday.

winrules

Quote from: BitBass on September 20, 2006, 08:59:03 PM
Any word on when more view options will be included?

And thanks very much for the mod!  It's a whole lot easier than me editing files.
Soon.

Quote from: 1web on September 21, 2006, 03:09:07 PM
I was just given a link here from the "Request Mods" board, and it sounds like a perfect solution... but I'm reading down the list of posts and it looks like everybody's having failures. Will this mod work for 1.08? I have everything default otherwise since I just installed the forum yesterday.
It doesn't work on 1.0.8, and I won't port it to it.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.

dracomiconia

winrules

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

Aravot

Quote from: winrules on September 25, 2006, 03:56:20 PM
Quote from: dracomiconia on September 25, 2006, 04:46:55 AM
Where is stored the fields?
In the themes table.

I was just about to ask the same question, anyway I created 4 custom fields but I don't see those fields in 'smf_themes' and another question this might have been asked apologies in advance it is 38 pages and I can't read all, does uninstalling and reinstalling the custom profile mod delete the custom created fields, thanks.

winrules

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

JPDeni

I'm going to be converting my Invision Board to SMF, once I get my SMF the way I want it. There are two fields in IB that I want to be able to transfer -- an "Interests" field and a "Notes" field. I can create the fields in SMF, using the Custom Fields mod, but I need to also import the data that the users have already entered.

I can figure out the syntax for the query I need to use to transfer the data, but I'm not sure of the values I need to use. Obviously there's the ID_MEMBER, the variable (which would be "Interests" or "Notes") and the value that I'm transferring. What about the theme? Is that value always 1? Or would I have to have an entry for every theme that I use?

pyko

hihi!
need some help here.
I've updated my SMF to 1.1RC3, and then downloaded the latest version of this mod.
When I go apply/install this mod this is what I get:
Installing this package will perform the following actions:
Type Action Description
1. Execute Modification ./Sources/ModSettings.php Test successful
2. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Profile.template.php Test successful
3. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Display.template.php Test successful
4. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/PersonalMessage.template.php Test successful
5. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Register.template.php Test successful
6. Execute Modification ./Sources/Register.php Test successful
7. Extract File ./Sources/CustomProfile.php
8. Extract File ./Themes/default/languages/CustomProfile.english.php

The package was installed successfully. You should now be able to use whatever functionality it adds or changes; or not be able to use functionality it removes.

So all seems to be good.

But when I go to 'Features and Options' there is nothing new there...and when I got o 'Installed Packages' I get: No mods currently installed

Any help/suggestion?
thanks!
pyko

edit: fixed prev. error...new problem :S

Bigguy

After it says all that do you press install again ??? There is a test stage before it installs anything then you have to proceed by pressing install once more.

pyko

hmm..didn't work :(

When I press 'Apply Mod' I get all the 'test successful' ... then press "Install now" and get told "successful install"

But nothing has changed and it isn't listed in the "installed packages"

Also, when i try to "apply mod" again, i get this error:
You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!

edit: I'm using joomla bridge and also a different theme(long_blue) - would that matter?

Bigguy

It shouldn't. Make sure the permissions on your "Packages" folder are 777, also make sure there is a temp directory inside it that is also chmodded to 777.

pyko

I have a folder named 'backups' - is that the temp folder you are referring to?

I only get the permissione rror if i try to apply twice while logged in the same session. If i log out, log in again, the problem goes away. I can "intsall" again, but despite all the success message, nothing changes.

thanks!
pyko

Bigguy

No "backups" is not the folder I am referring to. Try making a temp folder in the "Packages" folder and chmodding both to 777.

pyko

no :( unfortunately that doesn't seem to work either. I've created a directory called "temp" with permission set to 777.

Just to confirm...I am doing all the steps right?
1. Login as admin
2. Go to Pacakges
3. Browse/Upload to the mod zip file --> upload it
4. In 'Browse Packages' tab, click on 'Apply Mod' for Custom Profile Field Mod 3.15a
5. Enter the FTP info required
6. See the screen telling me about "Install Actions" (all test successful)
7. Click on "Install Now"
8. New screen about 'Extracting Package' with the message The package was installed successfully. You should now be able to use whatever functionality it adds or changes; or not be able to use functionality it removes.

That is all I should have to do to install the package right?
Because after doing this there is no new tab in 'Features and Options' and also if I go to 'Installed Packages' it says No mods currently installed.

And i think this information might be relevent
SMF version: 1.1RC3
Using Joomla/SMF Bridge
Using theme: longBlue
Packages folder permission set to 777
Temp folder in packages also set to 777

please help!
thanks!
pyko

edit: it seems like each time i try to apply the mod the 'temp' folder gets deleted...is this correct?

ISOX

I've got this error when Apply-ing the mod:

click to enlarge
[nofollow]

Bigguy

Looks like your server is running in safe mod.

JPDeni

QuoteI can figure out the syntax for the query I need to use to transfer the data, but I'm not sure of the values I need to use. Obviously there's the ID_MEMBER, the variable (which would be "Interests" or "Notes") and the value that I'm transferring. What about the theme? Is that value always 1? Or would I have to have an entry for every theme that I use?
I was able to answer my own question. In case someone else wonders about this, I found it in Profile.php, which is where the values get saved to the database.

The answer is, yes, that the value of the theme -- field "ID_THEME" -- is always 1. It's hard-coded into Profile.php.

pyko

anyone know why my installation isn't working?

i'd really like to get this custom mod to work asap - seems like it is exactly what i need.

thanks heaps!
pyko

winrules

Quote from: pyko on October 17, 2006, 08:18:03 PM
anyone know why my installation isn't working?

i'd really like to get this custom mod to work asap - seems like it is exactly what i need.

thanks heaps!
pyko
Do you see a tab in Features and Settings?

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

Advertisement: