News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Custom Profile Field Mod

Started by winrules, March 30, 2006, 02:21:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pedja

Quote from: pyko on October 20, 2006, 03:01:17 AM
hmm, my CustomProfile.english.php is in the Themes/Default/langauges directory, except the permission is set to 666 and it is an empty file.

could this be the problem i'm having? should i set the permissions to 755?

permissions are ok, but file should not be empty. That is actualy known misbehaviopur of SMF - if tehre is no definition for language item, it would not be presented. Result is that you have no options displayed. This actually affects people who use languages different from english, but in your cess, language definiton is missing so you ended up in problem.

Megiddo

Quote from: Megiddo on October 19, 2006, 11:31:52 PM
Hey, I'm having the same problem as everyone else, the mod won't install... I click install, it says it's successful, but no changes. I did this on a completely fresh install of SMF. Any ideas how to fix it?

Let me mention I'm using the default theme and English.

winrules

Quote from: Megiddo on October 20, 2006, 10:01:13 AM
Quote from: Megiddo on October 19, 2006, 11:31:52 PM
Hey, I'm having the same problem as everyone else, the mod won't install... I click install, it says it's successful, but no changes. I did this on a completely fresh install of SMF. Any ideas how to fix it?
Have you successfully installed any other mods?

Let me mention I'm using the default theme and English.

Pedja, I'm considering many of those suggestions for the next version of the mod.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.

pyko

hihi
i got the install to work :) I ended up uploading CustomProfile.english.php and CustomProfile.php, and then going through the xml and manually editing ModSettings.php... and now I can see/use the interface :)

except the problem is despite adding a new field, it doesn't show up in the profiles/posts :(

I have a suspicion that it might be because i'm using LongBlue instead of the default SMF theme... or would it be a similar problem I had with the install where it was unsuccessfully writing to the files? (if so, what permissions would i have to change?)

Also, a question...is the info for the extra field stored in the 'members' table? or is it stored elsewhere?
edit: realised it was in smf_themes :)

thanks heaps!!
pyko

edit: found that the extra field is displayed when you view the person's profile (and can also be added/changed in profile control panel). But it doesn't show under post count - the display setting i have chosen (i've populated the smf_themes table, so all users have some value in the table)

and another ques...will the extra field be visible in the members list? and be searchable?
thanks!

winrules

Look on the first post of this topic to see how to make shoing in posts work on custom themes.

The fields aern't currently shown in the memberlist of searchable.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

pyko

Quote from: winrules on October 21, 2006, 12:46:49 PM
Look on the first post of this topic to see how to make shoing in posts work on custom themes.

The fields aern't currently shown in the memberlist of searchable.

thanks winrules!!! didn't think of looking at the start of the thread...just kept clicking 'last unread' link.

would it be possible to add the listing/search function in members list in the next version?
thanks heaps again :D
pyko

winrules

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

Stype

Hey,

first, sorry for my english... and thanks a lot for your work on this great mod.

I Have 1 question, I've put this mod without checking the difference between the original files and the mod files and i'm not very good in php language, so I just want to know where are the customs informations in the database ? what table ? (Cause I want to use this field for a website wich is linked to the forum where member can see there profil )

Thanks for your answer and your job.

winrules

The data is stored in the themes table.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

perplexed

I recently upgraded to RC3 and so installed 3-15 custom profile mod, but there seems to be a problem with some of the fields.  I have two fields that appear on registration and they have text before and after the field but since I upgraded both sets of text are appearing IN the field along with the info that people type in the field.

I tried recreating the field but it made no difference, any ideas?

winrules

They are appearing in the input box right?

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

perplexed

yeah if you look at someone profile instead of it saying:

Who Referred you:     perplexed

it says

Who Referred you:    please give the name of the member who referred you Perplexed thank you

same goes for location

is now

winrules

Can I have a link to your site and a test account?

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

resakse

currently I've succesfully modify it so that "Only allow admins to edit/view field?" can also be view/edit by specific usergroup, and also succeed in showing selected field in memberlist page and able to sort it. But I cant figure it out on how to modify it so I can search it. Can you help me on this pls? already destroyed my smf a couple times :P. I rly need this function since I have waited for updates from last month.

Thanks.

winrules

I'm sorry but that's just not possible at the moment.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

resakse

sorry, but by "not possible"..did you mean that It cant be done or I should try it harder? heheh confuse :P

winrules

Many things have to be changed to do that.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods

Aaryn015

Hi,

I'm having a problem which I'm sure has to do with permissions.

I've installed a fresh RC3 on a local computer, installed the mod, and it works perfectly.

Now, on the live server, Install RC3, Install the package, and it even though it says success, the mod is nowhere to be seen.

So I go to un-install, and get this message:

QuoteYou cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!

So no-can-do. I log out and back in as admin.

This time, when I uninstall, I don't get that message. Instead it just tells me that all tests have failed.

I've gone as far to CHMOD my entire Themes dir to 777 and still no worky.

Any ideas?

Aaryn

Aaryn015

Cancel that. All working now.

I also CHMOD the Packages and Source Dir (and everything inside) to 777.

But the obvious next question is, how safe is this? Not very I imagine.

Is there a list of files that must be writable for this installation to be successfull?

Eastwood

Hello Winrules, thanks for the mod!!

First of all, sorry for my english, is not my normal language. :(

I have a question, Iwould like to use it for to put a image before de messages in the posts (only the image, without name text), and I thought use text field with BBC, like...

[img]http://pathtoimage/image...[/img]

Then, I don´t put any name for the field, and put the image in the text. But the result is that in the posts appairs two points before the image. ": (image)"

Something like:

[Avatar]
: [image custom field]
Etc...

How can I cancel the two points of the field in the post? If I would want that two points I could put it in the FieldName anycase...

Other question, when I create a field by checkbox, If checkbox is activated I can see the text that I wrote in "Text to display when box is checked", but if the user uncheck the box, nobody can see the text I wrote in "Text to display when box isn't checked"... Why?

Thanks for all

Eastwood

Advertisement: