Staff Page Mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, May 18, 2006, 06:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krysia

Quote from: TrueSatan on January 26, 2008, 08:31:19 AM
You will  need to go through the mod creating new copies of all the theme files it uses and adding them to your custom theme:

Staff.template.php
Staff.english.php
Staff.english-utf8.php

You will need to work on any existing Who.english.php, index.template.php in your custom theme to add the edits the mod uses and if there are no such files may need to copy them in from your SMF default theme (your forum should use the files from the default theme if no files of the same names are in your custom theme but on some hosting it may be necessary to copy them to your custom theme.)
Oi.
LOL.

Think I'll tackle that tomorrow.

Thank you! :D

ChaosEnergy

Hi
I use 1.5 version (cant upgrade, cause no deinstall function available)
so i dont know what has changed, but I miss one feature

Staff page shows only members, if they are used as primary group

most of my staff people get the membergroup not primary, so they dont get listed..could it be extened to show also non primamry membergroup members?
Chaos Empire ®

vbgamer45

Version 1.6 Released
Adds support for additional groups on the staff page.
Changed the display for the admin options on the staff page.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

Krysia

Quote from: TrueSatan on January 26, 2008, 08:31:19 AM
You will  need to go through the mod creating new copies of all the theme files it uses and adding them to your custom theme:

Staff.template.php
Staff.english.php
Staff.english-utf8.php

You will need to work on any existing Who.english.php, index.template.php in your custom theme to add the edits the mod uses and if there are no such files may need to copy them in from your SMF default theme (your forum should use the files from the default theme if no files of the same names are in your custom theme but on some hosting it may be necessary to copy them to your custom theme.)
Okay... I've read that last bit a few times, and maybe it's been a long day, but I'm having trouble making sense of it.

The only thing missing appears to be the text in the Admin panel for the Staff Mod Settings. It's there when I try and have the modification.english.php file in the custom theme folder, but that negates the text in other areas, such as the permissions and admin layout & features pages. So in order to keep that text, I removed the modifications.english.php file from my custom theme folder.

Now my only problem is getting that specific text to show up. I have those Staff.template.php, Staff.english.php, Staff.english-utf8.php files in my custom theme already; and I've updated to 1.6, yet that text still doesn't show.

vbgamer45

Check under admin -> Server Settings and make sure the language is set to english and not english utf8
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

ChaosEnergy

Thanks for adding additional groups

one issiue:
the local mopderators are alway at bottom, no up/down button, the last group above..i click down it says there is no group below...
Chaos Empire ®

vbgamer45

Correct they will always appear last

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Krysia

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 27, 2008, 10:47:26 PM
Check under admin -> Server Settings and make sure the language is set to english and not english utf8
Yep. It's under English. Don't have English utf8 as an option.

TrueSatan

I'll try to rephrase what I stated previously...SMF is designed so that if a custom theme doesn't have a certain file then it uses the file of the same name from the SMF default theme, but on some hosting this can fail (it doesn't happen that often and it is due to incorrect server configuration) and in those cases you will need to copy the default theme file to the custom theme and add the mod edits to both copies. By doing this to all the theme files affected by this mod you should then get all the language strings from this mod into files that reside both in the default theme and your custom theme.

So...you now need to look at the default theme files the mod edits and if copies of them aren't already in your custom theme copy them there...make sure that the custom theme has all the files and all the edits the mod makes and uses. If the custom theme already has the files the mod edits in the default theme then edit them, to match the mod codes, too

ChaosEnergy

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 28, 2008, 08:02:34 PM
Correct they will always appear last
So this means you see the admin and global mod, than some special user groups as my beta testers for the game..and the more important group will be always the last,

this means i need to  make a dummy group, put there all local moderators, and remove the original local...
Chaos Empire ®

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Pip2andahalf

I am using the Babylon Theme, and the buttons do not show up on the menu. Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks a lot!

-Pip

vbgamer45

Yes you would need to add a link/button for the staff page. I do include a button that can be used for balyon but you would need to modify the index.template.php for that theme.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Pip2andahalf

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 29, 2008, 08:28:38 PM
Yes you would need to add a link/button for the staff page. I do include a button that can be used for balyon but you would need to modify the index.template.php for that theme.

Maybe this is asking too much, but I do not know how to do that... Could someone maybe walk me through what I would need to do to get this working? Sorry I'm such a noob...

falguni1

ChaosEnergy

hi

when creating new membergroups i now get:

QuoteDuplicate entry '53-view_stafflist' for key 1
File: /home/user/web/forum/Sources/ManagePermissions.php
Line: 1216
Chaos Empire ®

fals

Any way to show online/offline status on the staffpage ?

500fan.dk - SMF 2.0 ~ custom theme
ls-forum.dk - SMF 2.0.2 ~ custom theme and custom iPhone theme

vbgamer45

Yes you would need to modify the code though.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

fals

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 04, 2008, 09:48:38 PM
Yes you would need to modify the code though.
Yep, i thought so  ;) but how ?

500fan.dk - SMF 2.0 ~ custom theme
ls-forum.dk - SMF 2.0.2 ~ custom theme and custom iPhone theme

schnups

Hey,
I want the staff page to show a custom profile field(text field).I already found out the db name but I dont know how to insert it into the staff mod.can anybody help me on this who knows php and smf better?

Advertisement: