News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Custom Board Sort

Started by codenaught, July 10, 2006, 07:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dharshan

will give another try on this.. :)

Plz Plz.. make this auto install with SMF2 RC2
R I P  : Steve Jobs | you made the world today look how it is | Thank you

pittu

Once the display order is set, I don't want the user to modify the order. Is that possible? thank you

pittu

I changed the forum charset to UTF-8 from DEFAULT iso-8859-1

I can uninstall from old english files and reinstall on new utf-8 files through package manager?

kai920

Quote from: pittu on December 25, 2009, 11:48:45 AM
Once the display order is set, I don't want the user to modify the order. Is that possible? thank you

That's a good question, and to be honest I'm not sure of the answer. You can try search the rest of the SMF community for answers though as this is not strictly related to this mod - it's probably been asked before...

pittu

Anybody answr my question please? (above)

Dharshan

Quote from: pittu on January 14, 2010, 09:24:56 AM
Anybody answr my question please? (above)

NO, even with the board sort method is installed, there's no option to deactivate the forums basic sort methods..... u will need to edit the forum code manually to do this i guess

hcfwesker

I keep getting an error when editing  the ./Sources/Subs-Boards.php  portion of the code.

I'm on SMF 1.1.11

Where I'm suppose to

FIND:

b.boardOrder, b.countPosts, b.memberGroups, b.ID_THEME, b.override_theme,

Then REPLACE with:

b.boardOrder, b.countPosts, b.memberGroups, b.ID_THEME, b.override_theme, b.sort_order, b.sort_method,

I get this error  when I check the admin panel as I go for errors.
ERROR CODE:
Unknown column 'b.sort_order' in 'field list'
File: /home/hcfweske/public_html/Sources/Subs-Boards.php
Line: 1481

I'm doing exactly as it tells me to do, I've made it this far in the code.

For now, I'm skipping this step and going to finish the last php file to edit, and see if anyone has an answer :)

Thank You.  :)

drhamad

I think you've not created the column in the database, have you?
FMVperformance:  3.51m posts, 63k members, 11 boards, 1 database

Mazda3Forums - SmallVolvos - MazdaSpeeders Mazda Club - FordFusionClubMazda CX-7 Club - MyMazda6
Now introducing: MKSdrivers.com - FocusDrivers - TaurusDrivers

青山 素子

I'm currently working on an update that will support 2.0 RC3. I'm also working with akabugeyes, the mod creator, to get the updated package posted to the modification page.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

青山 素子

Attached is an update for Custom Board Sort. This update was made with permission of the original author (akabugeyes).

Custom Board Sort v1.0.2:

• Added support for SMF 2.0 RC3 (based on an unreleased version for Beta 3)
  • Includes SMF 1.1 installation support as well
Motoko-chan

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Dharshan

nice work  Motoko-chan,

thank you,  although am using another mod for my RC3 install, would like to thank you for the time you have spent on modifying this

legostrat

I'm getting an error with the updated RC3 mod, it says

QuoteYou have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'LIMIT 0, 27' at line 21
File: /******/******/Sources/MessageIndex.php
Line: 403

Not sure what to do...
www.calxanime.com [nofollow] - a SMF forum!  :D  Join if you're interested.

stanaca

The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

on smf 2.0

Inti31

Nice, i installed it successful in my testboard (2.0 Gold)

Attached German language file
my forum
my testforum

my mods - which I only made them work for 2.0 Gold:
Topics Filter v3.2 SMF 2.0 Gold
MemberNumber

codenaught

Quote from: stanaca on June 17, 2011, 02:49:44 PM
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

on smf 2.0
Oops, sorry about that. I updated the package. You will need to redownload it. It should work now. I used the version emulate option to make it install on 2.0, and forgot that I had done so.

Before this change, I had just uploaded the package 青山 素子 had provided. Now it also tells the mod that it is okay to install on SMF 2.0 (in which it worked fine).

Quote from: Inti31 on June 17, 2011, 03:20:51 PM
Nice, i installed it successful in my testboard (2.0 Gold)

Attached German language file

Thanks, I assume it would be okay to included this in the mod package? :)

Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

Inti31

Quote from: akabugeyes on June 17, 2011, 04:38:29 PM
Thanks, I assume it would be okay to included this in the mod package? :)
feel free to use it - if someone don't like the translation - there's not much to do
my forum
my testforum

my mods - which I only made them work for 2.0 Gold:
Topics Filter v3.2 SMF 2.0 Gold
MemberNumber

hcfwesker

Quote from: stanaca on June 17, 2011, 02:49:44 PM

on smf 2.0

I've got the same message, and even downloaded the latest version.  CustomBoardSort_1.0.2.tar.gz

I'm on SMF 2.0

edchapman

I need this mod for the latest version of SMF (2.0.1). I have been using it for years and love it. However, I upgraded my forum today and lost it. Any word on where I can get this mod for 2.0.1?

青山 素子

The 2.0 one works perfectly fine with 2.0.1
Motoko-chan

edchapman

Where can I get that mod, or do I need to do a Manual Install?

Advertisement: