News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

PM On Registration

Started by JayBachatero, July 16, 2006, 03:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBachatero

Link to Mod
Review this Mod

This mod will send a PM to users upon registration.  BBC tags are allowed.

To edit go to Admin > Registration > Settings

Ver. 1.0.1
! Fixed a bug with htmlchars not being parsed. (Subs-Members.php)
* Added the ability to specify who to send PM as. (ID of the member must be given) (ManageRegistration.php, Register.template.php, Modifications.english.php).
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

!Hachi!

Happy Ramadan

ghostfreak

http://www.xfilesforum.net - Dare To Believe?
http://www.idealforum.co.uk - The Green Blitz!

perplexed

It's a dumb question but I'm assuming you can edit what the PM says?  If so this would be very useful and save me manually having to send out welcome PMs and keep track of them :)

So if registration approval or member activation is in place, when does it send out the PM?  when they apply for an account or after they are approved or have activated their account?

littleone

I was wondering if it might be possible to set up the edit message part of this mod with a permission so that I can allow a moderator group to edit it whenever it needs to be updated?  Thanks!

Dem0n

I've installed this mod, and set-up the msg, and checked send pm to new users on registration.. But I created a test account, and didn't get a pm? The permissions are set to allow new users for personal messages and all, so that's the only reason I could think of for this not working.. any reason/fix for this?

littleone

I get this ' for ' .....instead of it being like this: "there's" its like this: "there's"

Anyway to fix that?  Also it does this for spaces after periods: "snap.  And I'll"

Not sure why it is doing that.  Also is there a way to make it so that the member can hit "reply" to the PM and it will show the name that I put in as the person that is gonna recieve the PM?  Currently it showx that the person who sent the PM is a Guest when she is actually a moderator and there for when reply is hit the "Send to" field is left blank.

Thanks for any and all help ;)

Webrunner

There is a bug in this mod.
I installed it on SMF 1,1 RC2.
Then i registered a test user and after entering the registration form i get a database error. The user is made though and the activation email is send too. The PM is never send though  :(
There is a difference between knowing the path and walking the path.

=========================================
Vrouwen Power! | Sprintweb: No nonsense e-Business consultancy

PrizeLive.com

Just downloaded the mod and it works great!! Thanks..
Get Paid Instantly via PayPal (or other options) at PrizeLive.com!

diegolyanky

Very very good mod ;)

I was translated for use with SPANISH language ... If someone need it ...

But, when the message is sent, the new users just see the name of the sender, but if I put my name ( I'm administrator ) they see what Admin is a guest ... and not appear my avatar. It's possible to solve this ? ... THE REST OF MOD, WORKING FINE ;) ;)

Bye ;)
SMF ... SimpleMachines ... Simple, but complete if you want it ;)

JayBachatero

It's a dumb question but I'm assuming you can edit what the PM says?  If so this would be very useful and save me manually having to send out welcome PMs and keep track of them
Yes there is a text area where you can save the PM to send.

So if registration approval or member activation is in place, when does it send out the PM?  when they apply for an account or after they are approved or have activated their account?
It is sent right after they register.

I was wondering if it might be possible to set up the edit message part of this mod with a permission so that I can allow a moderator group to edit it whenever it needs to be updated?  Thanks!
No you own't be able to do this.  To do this you will have to make a few other changes in the Registration admin page.  I think if you allow them to manage the registration/members they can change this.

I get this ' for ' .....instead of it being like this: "there's" its like this: "there's"

Anyway to fix that?  Also it does this for spaces after periods: "snap.  And I’ll"
I just fixed this and submited a new version to Mod Site.

Not sure why it is doing that.  Also is there a way to make it so that the member can hit "reply" to the PM and it will show the name that I put in as the person that is gonna recieve the PM?  Currently it showx that the person who sent the PM is a Guest when she is actually a moderator and there for when reply is hit the "Send to" field is left blank.
Ok what happened was that I decided that since most people don't reply to the PM's that I would just have the PM sent as a regular user with out a link to a profile.  I will add this feature in a few and all you need to do is provide a user id.

Then i registered a test user and after entering the registration form i get a database error. The user is made though and the activation email is send too. The PM is never send though
Uninstall the mod and try again.  I was able to get it working a few forums.

Diegolyanky if  you want send me the translated strings.  I added two more language strings.  Send me those two also and I'll upload it.

Mod updated ver 1.0.1 released.
Follow me on Twitter

PrizeLive.com

I just tried the new version and entered in 1 as the ID to send it from. However, when I tested it, the new PM showed as being sent from "Guest"...
Get Paid Instantly via PayPal (or other options) at PrizeLive.com!

littleone

He said he was gonna add that feature in a few.  Its not available yet.

JayBachatero

Quote from: littleone on July 16, 2006, 10:21:03 PM
He said he was gonna add that feature in a few.  Its not available yet.
I actually added it to this version.  Surf I'll look at it tomorrow.  Kinda busy with something else now.
Follow me on Twitter

MartinB

Some error on Errorlog

8: Undefined index: bcc
Datei: /srv/www/xxx/xxx/xxx/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Zeile: 643

2: array_unique(): The argument should be an array

2: array_diff(): Argument #1 is not an array

2: in_array(): Wrong datatype for second argument
Zeile: 708

What's the Problem ???

Sorry my English not perfekt

L.G.S

FREE and LIVE World Cup + Premier League football streams:

www.gamesandgoals.com

JayBachatero

Quote from: SurfExcelerator.com on July 16, 2006, 10:16:27 PM
I just tried the new version and entered in 1 as the ID to send it from. However, when I tested it, the new PM showed as being sent from "Guest"...
Ok I tested this on a few install and it's working properly.  Not sure why it's not working for you.

MartinB did you modify the settings on the Registration page?
Follow me on Twitter

MartinB

I installed version 1.0.1 and registered then in the attitudes the data. Register folds, the message also arrives, only at the error Logs emerges this error with each Regestrierung.

----------
Google Translation

JayBachatero

In Admin > Registration > Settings did you enter all the data required?
Follow me on Twitter

MartinB

Quote from: Jay The Code Monkey on July 17, 2006, 06:09:28 PM
In Admin > Registration > Settings did you enter all the data required?

YES all Data Insert and Saved

Advertisement: