SMF Arcade

Started by niko, October 01, 2004, 02:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sadil

That's the point, the images AREN'T in the package itself. They are missing from the installation package. They weren't even installed into the default core theme, because the core theme apparently doesn't use the images.
"Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance?"

SA™

cant you dl the last version and use the images from that ?
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

whatnow

Need help.  I am trying to install the arcade and have gotten this file not found error:

./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php

I do not have this file, is it necessary if I am not using utf8?, can I install without it?

SA™

yep go ahead and install it if you dont use utf8 you will be fine
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Sadil

Quote from: wdm2005 on May 06, 2008, 12:19:50 PM

Try downloading it yourself and then tell me. :p A fresh download only has:

favorite.gif
favorite2.gif
gold.gif
star2.gif

That's all. No other images. Hence my question where these images are.

whatnow

Thanks wdm2005, worked just fine.   :)

fwitt

Quote from: Sadil on May 06, 2008, 12:39:30 PM
Quote from: wdm2005 on May 06, 2008, 12:19:50 PM

Try downloading it yourself and then tell me. :p A fresh download only has:

favorite.gif
favorite2.gif
gold.gif
star2.gif

That's all. No other images. Hence my question where these images are.

The arcade doesnt use images in the core theme, the code for those buttons is just there to make it compatible with themes that use images. The images arnt included because they would be theme specific so you would need them to match the theme you are using. for themes that dont use buttons the arcade should work in the same way as the core theme once you have done the required theme edits in the code.

Sandmansa

Hi.  I am in need of some assistance.  I installed smf arcade 2.0.13 on my smf 1.1.5 boards and it's working just fine, only I keep getting stuff like this in my error logs.

72.244.71.187                                                                                          0ef4bc79968ca393c0d4ba1deacfd7b8 
http://angieskidney.com/smfbb/index.php?action=arcade;sa=play;game=43 
8: Undefined variable: last
File: /xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/xxxx.com/xxxx/xxxx/Themes/default/ArcadeMenu.template.php (eval?)
Line: 664

And 8: Undefined variable: first on line 661.

What could be causing this issue and how do I fix it?

midiof[f]

Quote from: willwishers on April 14, 2008, 03:48:22 AM

5.     Execute Modification     ./Themes/default/index.template.php     Test failed

is a problem whith gallery :

<operation>
            <search position="before"><![CDATA[ if (in_array($context['current_action'], array('search', ]]></search>
            <add><![CDATA['arcade', ]]></add>
        </operation>

in index.template.php original
if (in_array($context['current_action'], array('search', 'admin', 'calendar', 'profile', 'mlist', 'register', 'login', 'help', 'pm')))

in index.template.php modific gallery
if (in_array($context['current_action'], array('gallery','search', 'admin', 'calendar', 'profile', 'mlist', 'register', 'login', 'help', 'pm')))

repair this problem :

<operation>
            <search position="before"><![CDATA[ if (in_array($context['current_action'], array(']]></search>
            <add><![CDATA[arcade', ']]></add>
        </operation>

Yaarar clan Azure L2 [nofollow] Admin

niko

Quote from: midiof[f] on May 07, 2008, 02:38:29 AM
Quote from: willwishers on April 14, 2008, 03:48:22 AM

5.     Execute Modification     ./Themes/default/index.template.php     Test failed

is a problem whith gallery :

<operation>
            <search position="before"><![CDATA[ if (in_array($context['current_action'], array('search', ]]></search>
            <add><![CDATA['arcade', ]]></add>
        </operation>

in index.template.php original
if (in_array($context['current_action'], array('search', 'admin', 'calendar', 'profile', 'mlist', 'register', 'login', 'help', 'pm')))

in index.template.php modific gallery
if (in_array($context['current_action'], array('gallery','search', 'admin', 'calendar', 'profile', 'mlist', 'register', 'login', 'help', 'pm')))

repair this problem :

<operation>
            <search position="before"><![CDATA[ if (in_array($context['current_action'], array(']]></search>
            <add><![CDATA[arcade', ']]></add>
        </operation>

Thanks for suggestion but it won't work like this since if (in_array($context['current_action'], array( is used two times in file. However I think it could be done using part after.
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

niko

Quote from: Sadil on May 06, 2008, 07:13:30 AM
I noticed that not all image files in a fresh new download of the latest release (2.0.13) are there. I'm missing several buttons when NOT using the core theme. They are:

/images/english/arcade_random.gif
/images/english/arcade_favorites.gif
/images/english/arcade_play.gif
/images/english/arcade_viewscore.gif

I'm not using the core theme so my theme is slightly broken on the arcade. It's looking for those specific image files, but they're not there. Any help with that?

Each theme uses different button set. You could use button generator if there's one for theme to make them.
Websites: Madjoki || (2 links retracted by team, links out of date and taken over.)
Mods: SMF Arcade, Related topics, SMF Project Tools, Post History

WIP Mods: Bittorrent Tracker || SMF Wiki

Sadil

Quote from: Niko on May 07, 2008, 03:27:53 PM
Quote from: Sadil on May 06, 2008, 07:13:30 AM
I noticed that not all image files in a fresh new download of the latest release (2.0.13) are there. I'm missing several buttons when NOT using the core theme. They are:

/images/english/arcade_favorites.gif
/images/english/arcade_play.gif
/images/english/arcade_viewscore.gif

I'm not using the core theme so my theme is slightly broken on the arcade. It's looking for those specific image files, but they're not there. Any help with that?

Each theme uses different button set. You could use button generator if there's one for theme to make them.

So the files it's looking for are not in the install package by default, and they're not supposed to be there?

I'm having another problem though, regarding new membergroups that cannot view the arcade.

Existing membergroups (such as Global Moderator) can view the arcade just fine. When I create a new membergroup though, and I attempt to view the Arcade as a member of that membergroup, it won't show any games on the arcade.

The permissions are set okay. As a matter of fact, I copied the permissions EXACTLY from Global Moderator (which can view the arcade) and the new membergroup still can't view the arcade. I tried to dig through all the options there are, but nothing seems to fix this.

Regular members can view the arcade just fine, but every new membergroup I create for some reason can't view the arcade. Any help on that?

fwitt

the permissions for the arcade are quite flexable, because of this there are several things that affect whether a membergroup can see the arcade.

In your arcadeadmin area look at the Settings page, you will have a permissions mode set, if this is set to none then any membergroup with permission to view the arcade can play any game, if its set to catagories then only if that membergroup is listed in the catagories page can they view it and per game they have to be listed in that games permissions.

if it says catagory go to the catagory area of the arcade admin and click the + next to the catagory to open its settings and check your membergroup is highlighted.

if its says game go to the games page on arcade admin and click a game settings link and check to see if the membergroup is ticked there.

this means that there is flexibility controling who can access what games

Sandmansa

Sadil

Thank you fwitt! I didn't realize that the permissions were set beyond the membergroups. That helped. :)

whatnow

Is it possible to shut off all these pm's, notifying members they are no longer champions?  If so, what files do I have to fix?

Thanks

Sadil

Quote from: mah on May 09, 2008, 09:32:49 AM
Is it possible to shut off all these pm's, notifying members they are no longer champions?  If so, what files do I have to fix?

Thanks
Mah

http://www.smfarcade.info/index.php/topic,2693.0.html

Make sure you also check out this message to make sure that PMs are off by default. It's a fix that you'll need. :)

whatnow

Thank you, now I have another question. On the Arcade page, is there anyway to take off our header and everything else from the top of that page, without it coming off all the other pages?

Thanks

fwitt

I believe the header is in index.template.php, this is the same for all pages of the forum. you could try enclosing the code for the header in a statement such as

if ($_REQUEST['action'] != 'arcade') {

header code you dont wish to appear in the arcade

}

tey it on a test site first, this is just a possibility from the top of my head.

Advertisement: