News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Advanced Reputation System

Started by Fustrate, March 25, 2008, 12:51:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KahneFan

Now that the rep is showing up correctly; the person I gave the rep to show rep power of 0 and I have rep power of 1... is that right? If I go to their profile it shows the rep comment I gave them and if I go to my profile it shows the rep comment I sent, but on the forum it appears to be backwards.
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

Fustrate

Steven Hoffman
Former Team Member, 2009-2012

THE BRA1N

Hi Yoda, Im having a slight problem with the latest mod - none of the rep comments show up in anyone's profile. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again but i still have the same problem.

Fustrate

Quote from: YodaOfDarkness on December 22, 2008, 04:15:37 PM
Quote from: YodaOfDarkness on December 09, 2008, 11:54:43 PM
Open /Sources/Profile-View.php

find

while ($row = $smcFunc['db_fetch_assoc']($request))
{
loadMemberData($row['id_executor']);
loadMemberContext($row['id_executor'], false);

$context['member']['karma_received'][] = array(
'action_type' => $row['action_type'],
'executor' => $memberContext[$row['id_executor']]['link'],
'time' => timeformat($row['log_time']),
'comment' => parsesmileys($row['comment']),
'topic_href' => $row['topic'] . '.msg' . $row['message'] . '#msg' . $row['message'],
'topic_title' => $row['title'],
'delete_value' => $row['id_target'] . '|' . $row['id_executor'] . '|' . $row['log_time'],
);
}

replace with

{
loadMemberData($row['id_executor']);
loadMemberContext($row['id_executor'], false);
                        parseSmileys($row['comment']);
$context['member']['karma_received'][] = array(
'executor' => $memberContext[$row['id_executor']]['link'],
'comment' => $row['comment'],
'topic_href' => $row['topic'] . '.msg' . $row['message'] . '#msg' . $row['message'],
'delete_value' => $row['id_target'] . '|' . $row['id_executor'] . '|' . $row['log_time'],
);
}

find

{
loadMemberData($row['id_target']);
loadMemberContext($row['id_target'], false);

$context['member']['karma_sent'][] = array(
'target' => $memberContext[$row['id_target']]['link'],
'comment' => parsesmileys($row['comment']),
);
}

replace with

{
loadMemberData($row['id_target']);
loadMemberContext($row['id_target'], false);
                        parseSmileys($row['comment']);
$context['member']['karma_sent'][] = array(
'target' => $memberContext[$row['id_target']]['link'],
'comment' => $row['comment'],
);
}

Steven Hoffman

KahneFan

Yoda, just a couple of thoughts for the next release (if you want them :D)

1. It would be nice if the rep line showed + & - similar to the original Karma system. This way people can easily see if someone has - rep for some reason.

IE: Reputation Power +45/-3

2. It would also be nice if the "Reputation Power" line was directly linked to the comment system so that you could easily click that to see someone's comments.
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

Nitrox

Fustrate

Steven Hoffman

jkrlvgn

I'm not sure if this has been asked for or not, but what about an option to allow members to view other member's karma (if it's enabled)?

Fustrate

Steven Hoffman

ʟink

Alright, I installed this mod, with the modification to install.xml. I set all the options and permissions how I wanted them. However, when I attempt to give someone reputation, it only show that I have given reputation in the target's and my profile, but not the comment, and it doesn't increase the reputation power, and the icon is karma_disabled_basic.gif. I had Karma enabled before installing this, and the Reputation system is enabled on the settings page and the main features page. I used to have the karma description mod installed, but then I deleted everything and installed fresh files. Is there something in MySQL that I have to fix?
Obedire est vivere, Vivere est obedire

Fustrate

grey icon - do you have any rep power? You need 100 points (by default) to have 1 power

comments - make sure the edits to /Sources/Profile-View.php were made (http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=230676.msg1834298#msg1834298)
Steven Hoffman

ʟink

I didn't know you had to have 1 power to give rep. And the edits made the comments work. Thanks!

Fustrate

ya, so I'd recommend giving yourself (and any other admins/moderators) 10,000 points to begin with. That way every time you give someone rep, they get 100 points which translates to 1 power for them.
Steven Hoffman

ʟink

I just ran this SQL code to give everyone 100 points:

UPDATE smf_members
SET karma_good = 100, karma_bad = 0;

jkrlvgn

Quote from: YodaOfDarkness on January 12, 2009, 03:22:38 AM
?action=profile;sa=viewKarma
that?

Yes, that.  I'm probably missing something small here, but every time I try to look at it from a test account perspective, all I see is that particular user's karma/reputation, and with everyone else, it states that the person is not allowed to moderate the forum.  I looked in the permissions for a "view karma" permission, but it really doesn't have one.

-Am- I missing something?

Fustrate

That should only be for deleting rep actions. You're using v1.5.2, correct?

And I've decided to wait until RC1 to release the next version... upgrading from 1.5.2 to 1.6 wouldn't be pretty because of some of the things I've changed. It's just not worth the hassle for anyone.
Steven Hoffman

jkrlvgn

Yes, using 1.5.2, I'm sure.  So then everything is right then.  Damn.  *LOL*

As for the wait until RC1, I'm sure that's a good idea...most people seem to be doing that instead of continuing with the different Betas...from what I understand, the coding changes between the others enough to where it makes issues for other things...so I agree with you on there.  :)

This is a great mod.  If it's possible to allow others to view the karma, at least the last karma received, that'd be great....if not, then oh well, I can live without it.  *L*

Good luck with the future versions...we'll all be waiting for it when it comes out.

ʟink

I know this isn't how it was designed, but is there a way to make power only cosmetic; they still only add 1 rep point no matter what power they are? And thanks for an awesome mod, it works great!

NEMINI

Yoda,

Any plans to add an option to PM a user when their reputation has been altered (ala the now defunct karma description mod)?

Also any plans to allow a higher reputation to increase ones power to give? (ie: the more you get the more you can give?)
signatures are boring.

Advertisement: