Ad Management mod

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, January 30, 2006, 08:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

midas

Hi all,

I've had the ad mod installed for some time now and have only just noticed that my column ads don't display properly for guests viewing forum posts.  When a user is logged in the column ads display exactly as they should i.e right next to post being viewed but when not logged in the column ads display under the last post.  It occurs in Firefox and IE, small screens and large screens.

You can see the issue in action here 121GuitarLessons.com.

Does any one know of a fix?
Would be nice to get some traffic around here...

JournalXtra
121GuitarLessons.com

Bugpac ™

I use ad managment to display sponsors and google, I have 4 sponsors and i select all of them to display on the message index, and the post index, is there anyway to keep it like this as they come up random, but make it so they can not be seen in one individual boar, my sponsors have there own board, and it is not fitting for anothers add to be displayed on there message index...

www.dtsfab.com

midas

Quote from: Bugpac ™ on January 09, 2009, 09:01:54 AM
I use ad managment to display sponsors and google, I have 4 sponsors and i select all of them to display on the message index, and the post index, is there anyway to keep it like this as they come up random, but make it so they can not be seen in one individual boar, my sponsors have there own board, and it is not fitting for anothers add to be displayed on there message index...

www.dtsfab.com

You can select which board/s an ad displays on by Admin/Ad Management/Add Ads/then type in the boad(boards) you wish the ad to be displayed on (the relevant text to look at is "Which boards should this ad display in?").

Hope I've helped.

JournalXtra
121GuitarLessons.com

danewfie

Quote from: Dougster on December 20, 2008, 06:11:04 PM
Quote from: Dougster on December 19, 2008, 05:12:19 PM
Quote from: Dougster on December 18, 2008, 09:26:24 AM
Hi,

I have a problem with my ad mod not showing.

I recently installed forum version 1.1.7 but the database was older
so the themes and source files are 1.1.

I'm wondering if that is why it is not allowing me to add my ads or adsense?

In packages it is showing as "installed" but on the left in the administration
panel where it had been showing before the new install, to allow configuring of ads and to show the adsense... it is not showing.

How can I get the mod to show in admin  so that I can begin serving my
adsense ads again on all the pages?

Still need to know why my ads or ad mod is not showing on the forum?

Answers anyone at all?

I have the exact same problem. version 1.1.7 is installed .. the package installed fine.

no link to access add management.

all files are updated, all database tables were inserted.

the only thing i can think of is the server cache. But that was cleared and still nothing. Anybody have any ideas?

Bugpac ™

Quote from: midas on January 09, 2009, 09:29:54 AM
Quote from: Bugpac ™ on January 09, 2009, 09:01:54 AM

www.dtsfab.com

You can select which board/s an ad displays on by Admin/Ad Management/Add Ads/then type in the boad(boards) you wish the ad to be displayed on (the relevant text to look at is "Which boards should this ad display in?").

Hope I've helped.

thank you, I new i could do that, was looking for the easy way.... :D That is what i am going to do tho....

midas

Bugpac, I know what you mean, it'd be nice if we could exempt some boards from displaying ads.  Maybe the mod's creator will read this and add an exempt function. (edited to add: I've put in a feature request).

Danewfie, I had a similar problem when I first installed it (quite a while ago).  I think I solved it by setting the forum's default language to English (i.e not UTF-8).  To do this go to Admin/Server Settings/Core Configuration and look at item 14, "Default Forum Language."  If that fails, download the package to your desktop, open it up and check for manual installation instructions (if any).  Remember to back-up any files changed.

Another place you might look for manual install instructions needed when a custom theme is being used is the ad mod support forum

JournalXtra
121GuitarLessons.com

hl90

Hi want to the ad mod in my forum. I use a theme called safi-multicolor. Where do I need to upload it? In the theme map?

midas

Quote from: hl90 on January 11, 2009, 02:35:14 PM
Hi want to the ad mod in my forum. I use a theme called safi-multicolor. Where do I need to upload it? In the theme map?

Install it as you would do any other package.  When using non-default themes you need to edit the index.template.php to include the button code for the mod installed.  Usually, nothing more needs to be done.  Check the manual installation instructions for individual mods and look specifically for any changes to index.template.php.

JournalXtra
121GuitarLessons.com

needhelpplease

help i can't find it
i install already
Quoteo add your ads in this version is quite simple. Go into the Admin panel of SMF and under the Configuration heading click on Ad Management then click on Add Ads. Under this tab you will see several sections, the first being Name. This should be filled in with what you want to call this particular ad. For example, if it's Google ads you might want to type "Google" (no quotes). This is done to identify the ad code so that you can easily edit it later on, or to see reports on your ad.

I can't see it on my configuration... there's no ad management i've installed

0.     Ad Managment      2.3

they showed the green light so it's perfectly installed
but I see nothing can somebody help thxxxxx

shalkith

Quote from: danewfie on January 09, 2009, 10:09:55 AM
Quote from: Dougster on December 20, 2008, 06:11:04 PM
Quote from: Dougster on December 19, 2008, 05:12:19 PM
Quote from: Dougster on December 18, 2008, 09:26:24 AM
Hi,

I have a problem with my ad mod not showing.

I recently installed forum version 1.1.7 but the database was older
so the themes and source files are 1.1.

I'm wondering if that is why it is not allowing me to add my ads or adsense?

In packages it is showing as "installed" but on the left in the administration
panel where it had been showing before the new install, to allow configuring of ads and to show the adsense... it is not showing.

How can I get the mod to show in admin  so that I can begin serving my
adsense ads again on all the pages?

Still need to know why my ads or ad mod is not showing on the forum?

Answers anyone at all?

I have the exact same problem. version 1.1.7 is installed .. the package installed fine.

the only thing i can think of is the server cache. But that was cleared and still nothing. Anybody have any ideas?

I'm seeing the same thing on my end. No Link to manage them under configuration... is there a fix for this?

GGC

I've added this and changing to normal "English" let me see the CP, I added a few but they don't show. Any ideas?

catfished

QuoteI have the exact same problem. version 1.1.7 is installed .. the package installed fine.

Same problem here. I have it on my 1.1.7 forum but it's been active way before 1.1.7 came out and it's fine but I just installed it on another 1.1.7 forum and it's not accessible.??????????????????????
You use and like this forum software? Then show your appreciation and support by becoming a Charter Member.

CatfishEd.com

Bigguy

I have notified the mod author of this problem and things will be checked out.

Ganx

Hiya guys, Have tried the mod, downloaded it and now it is in the "browse package" folder. When i click APPLY MOD, enter the ftp info this the list of error messages i get: Looks like a ftp error, but checked it doubled checked trie about 15 times!

[/quote] Ganx   Today at 01:44:15 AM 
41.245.240.184     05b182c510233c1c577e203a49ed9e3c 
hxxp:sascams.co.za/forum/index.php?action=packages;sa=install;package=ad_mod_1-1-x_v2-3.zip;sesc [nonactive] 
2: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
File: /home/sascams/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1908

Ganx   Today at 01:44:15 AM 
41.245.240.184     05b182c510233c1c577e203a49ed9e3c 
hxxp:sascams.co.za/forum/index.php?action=packages;sa=install;package=ad_mod_1-1-x_v2-3.zip;sesc [nonactive] 
2: fopen(/home/sascams/public_html/forum/Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php) [<a href='function.fopen'>function.fopen</a>]: failed to open stream: Permission denied
File: /home/sascams/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1901

QuoteHiya guys resolved this one.. thanks!!!

midas

Quote from: GGC on January 12, 2009, 08:42:27 PM
I've added this and changing to normal "English" let me see the CP, I added a few but they don't show. Any ideas?

Some ad provider's ads don't show up immediately.  For example, Google and Adbrite can take a few hours to become active.  Test the mod by trying to display a small jpeg (any bit of html or bbcode can be displayed - I've previously used it to display Socialmarker and AddThis buttons).

PS - Changing the forum's language from UTF-8 to non-UTF-8 worked for me too (posted it above but I don't think many are reading the thread).

PPS - Remember you can postion your ads left, center or right of their fields by embedding them in a div e.g <div align="left">AD CODE HERE</div> or <<div align="center">AD CODE HERE</div> or <div align="right">AD CODE HERE</div>

JournalXtra
121GuitarLessons.com

thenerd

Thanks for the great mod.
hxxp:www.techalpha.net/index.php?referredby=1 [nonactive]

Forgotten_1

Great mod from what I can see, only question I have is:

On SMF v1.1.7 where can I access the mod to use it?

chakru

I tried installing this mod on my new smf 1.1.7 but it doesnot seem to work!!

any help please

ampedm

Possible Bug

Not sure if this reported or not but there is a extra:

echo '</div>';

around line 697 ... the last edit line in Display.template.php

I noticed this because  my CSS-heavy theme was broken after i installed this mod on the post pages only. (SMF 2.0 Beta 4) using the overview theme by dzinerstudio.

bhsreptiles

cant seem to be able to get manual install instructions for 1.1.7

Advertisement: