[Tip] Additional Dropdown Menu for Curve Theme 2.0 RC3

Started by ScopeXL, January 15, 2010, 02:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve51184

Quote from: ScopeXL on March 24, 2010, 10:54:17 PM
Did you by any chance put a link in your top navigation drop down that doesn't link to anything? Look through your Subs.php where you put in the links yourselfs. Compare with this one link make sure they all have each item.

'link_idr' => array(
'title' => 'Link 1',
'href' => $scripturl . '?action=link',
'show' => true,
'sub_buttons' => array(
),
),

they all look like that... can i pm you what i have so you can check it?

ScopeXL

ScopeXL

crewchiefinlife

I believe I'll try this tmr.

Thanx for the tutorial.  :)

April

sontar

Sorry, I don't want to hijack this thread. Is there a mod for adding the top menu without the drop downs?

I just need 4 simple external links added like there is at the top of this forum. I have spent 3 hrs looking.

Thanks for your help.

ScopeXL

Quote from: sontar on April 01, 2010, 10:37:15 AM
Sorry, I don't want to hijack this thread. Is there a mod for adding the top menu without the drop downs?

I just need 4 simple external links added like there is at the top of this forum. I have spent 3 hrs looking.

Thanks for your help.

This tip you can achieve that. Here is a sample for the Subs.php $buttonsTop array for 4 links with no dropdowns.

'menu1' => array(
            'title' => 'Menu 1',
            'href' => $scripturl,
            'show' => true,
            'sub_buttons' => array(
            ),
         ),
'menu2' => array(
            'title' => 'Menu 2',
            'href' => $scripturl,
            'show' => true,
            'sub_buttons' => array(
            ),
         ),
'menu3' => array(
            'title' => 'Menu 3',
            'href' => $scripturl,
            'show' => true,
            'sub_buttons' => array(
            ),
         ),
'menu4' => array(
            'title' => 'Menu 4',
            'href' => $scripturl,
            'show' => true,
            'sub_buttons' => array(
            ),
         ),

andrew84uk

Quote from: Scope XL on April 01, 2010, 12:16:30 PM
Quote from: sontar on April 01, 2010, 10:37:15 AM

Thanks for your help.

This tip you can achieve that. Here is a sample for the Subs.php $buttonsTop array for 4 links with no dropdowns.

'menu1' => array(
            'title' => 'Menu 1',
            'href' => $scripturl,
            'show' => true,
            'sub_buttons' => array(
            ),
         ),
'menu2' => array(
            'title' => 'Menu 2',
            'href' => $scripturl,
            'show' => true,
            'sub_buttons' => array(
            ),
         ),
'menu3' => array(
            'title' => 'Menu 3',
            'href' => $scripturl,
            'show' => true,
            'sub_buttons' => array(
            ),
         ),
'menu4' => array(
            'title' => 'Menu 4',
            'href' => $scripturl,
            'show' => true,
            'sub_buttons' => array(
            ),
         ),

care to explain alittle?

~DS~

Do all the edits from the first post expect for subs.php if you don't want dropdown then use the codes above me in the subs.php instead of the subs.php codes in the first post.
"There is no god, and that's the simple truth. If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."
~Penn Jillette – God, NO! – 2011

tfs

I'm amazed that nobody has turned this gem into a mod yet!
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can an evil tree bring forth good fruit.

Liam.

Probably because they don't want to do with all of the support comments for non-curve themes, that may be why no-ones modified it ^_^

I love this trick and am using it on all of my sites to link to one-another (kind of like affiliating), this is in the perfect place to do it ;)

Arantor

iKorp has it exactly right. The number of non Curve themes this would have to be applied to manually (even considering 2.0's better support for doing it) is beyond irritating.

Liam.

Yeah, just like Ultimate Portal (which is going along great) is doing, including the top menu as a module, we're going to get ALOT of complaints about that from non-curve users so we're finding a way to define Curve themes to see if we can find a default way around it (maybe just static links just below <body>)...

FireDitto

Second Pass Weyr<br />An AU Pernse RPG<br /><br />SMF 2.0.6 with SP 2.3.5

Antes

chrishicks

USAFged

I really like the way this displays in the Curve theme. I have mine setup without the submenus and it works great. I tried to do the same to the Core theme , but it displays vertically instead of horizontally. All the links are working but I need the menus to run horizontally and display them like the Core tabs . Not sure what to change.

ScopeXL

Quote from: USAFged on May 16, 2010, 01:53:48 PM
I really like the way this displays in the Curve theme. I have mine setup without the submenus and it works great. I tried to do the same to the Core theme , but it displays vertically instead of horizontally. All the links are working but I need the menus to run horizontally and display them like the Core tabs . Not sure what to change.

The core theme and curve theme's CSS differs greatly. Basically it would have to be a different set of steps to incorporate this into Core (without the drop down magic).

bidzinski

I like this, how do I get this on my forum? will I need to edit all the code?

Advertisement: