News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Global Headers and Footers

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 02, 2006, 10:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jameel225

Quote from: TrueSatan on December 23, 2007, 06:17:31 PM
Whatever code you are adding would seem to be incorrect...please double check it.

code is correct

i have checked it

thanks

coretj

Does Anyone know what code gets doubled up?

I finally got the thing to show up on the left side of the page.. the weird thing is I gave up on it a week ago and uninstalled and deleted it... it is just now showing up.. I can't uninstall and it is doubling header and footer.. 

Can someone please post the CORRECT code and what php file it goes into... I don't want to install again and have it triple on me... I have other mods in play as well so I don't want to just go deleting stuff ..

Thx

TrueSatan

First backup your files.

Please use the Package Parser on the following link to check all the files the mod affects then manually edit the files to remove it prior to doing a new install:

http://www.smfhelper.info/forum/package.php5

Chopper

Quote from: coretj on February 01, 2008, 12:01:56 AM
Does Anyone know what code gets doubled up?

I finally got the thing to show up on the left side of the page.. the weird thing is I gave up on it a week ago and uninstalled and deleted it... it is just now showing up.. I can't uninstall and it is doubling header and footer.. 

Can someone please post the CORRECT code and what php file it goes into... I don't want to install again and have it triple on me... I have other mods in play as well so I don't want to just go deleting stuff ..

Thx

I have the same problem when entering html code it appears twice?? How can we fix this?
Thanks

TrueSatan

You would appear to have installed the mod more than once thus at least doubling the edits is makes...hence your problems with it.

Please use the Package Parser on the following link to output the edits the mod makes and manually edit your files to remove the mod:

Chopper

Quote from: TrueSatan on February 09, 2008, 08:39:54 AM
You would appear to have installed the mod more than once thus at least doubling the edits is makes...hence your problems with it.

Please use the Package Parser on the following link to output the edits the mod makes and manually edit your files to remove the mod:

How could i have installed twice when i have only installed once?

vbgamer45

Sometimes the package manager may goofed or if the page is refreshed or the link is clicked twice it could install mutiple times.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

fkarim

Hi,

I installed the mod successfully and I can access the global headers and footers section in the admin. When I type in the html and save, I get no problems. I do a simple anchor link. The only problem is that nothing shows up. Maybe I have misunderstood what the mod is supposed to do. Please let me know if anyone can help me.

fkarim

I keep on trying different html codes but nothing seems to work. I used the parser to tell me what to put when I installed it but I nothing is showing....

vbgamer45

Are you using a custom theme/language?

Normally there is al ink in the admin section access headers and footers
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

marylina

I installed the module into my forum but its not showing up in my configurations. Why is that? And I have ad management installed as well and that is not showing up anymore either after I installed the password protect board module.

Help.

vbgamer45

Check your language under Server Settings should be set to english only not english utf8

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

marylina

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 26, 2008, 09:10:59 PM
Check your language under Server Settings should be set to english only not english utf8

It is. But nothing came up and my ad management is still not showing up. The description Headers and Footers isn't either and its installed.

vbgamer45

Are you using a custom theme? Other than default if so you might need to copy some language files.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

marylina

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 26, 2008, 09:49:02 PM
Are you using a custom theme? Other than default if so you might need to copy some language files.

Yeah I am. I am using Saf-Multicolor. What files do I need to copy over to make it work? Also, I want to add the neat board module but got an error message. It is conflicting with another module which I had to put in an additional script in the manageboard template in order for the password module to work. Is there a way to fix this?

vbgamer45

Most likely you need to copy the themes/default/languages/modifications.english.php
to
themes/customtheme/languages/modifications.english.php

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

marylina

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 26, 2008, 10:23:18 PM<br />Most likely you need to copy the themes/default/languages/modifications.english.php<br />to<br />themes/customtheme/languages/modifications.english.php<br />

I just made a modification to the english.php for the password module. Do I have to renter it once again in order for the neat module to work?

vbgamer45

Might depends what file you edited if it was your themes default folder or custom theme

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

marylina

Quote from: vbgamer45 on February 26, 2008, 10:43:36 PM
Might depends what file you edited if it was your themes default folder or custom theme

It was my custom theme that I edited the file in. Is there something else that I should do?

Sabre™

Ok.
I am officially blind.

Could someone please give me the line to the $boarddir

Im manually installing this, but just cannot find that directory. lol

ThankYou in advance, from sillyville :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Advertisement: