News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Global Headers and Footers

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 02, 2006, 10:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newjay1000

I have no idea why that code is not there. At about what line would it be? I can go ahead and try to put in the additional code and just see if I can get it to work.

Thanks,
Jason

vbgamer45

Around line 190 for SMF 2.0
Another key piece of code in that area

'config' => array(
'title' => $txt['admin_config'],
'permission' => array('admin_forum'),
'areas' => array(
'corefeatures' => array(
'label' => $txt['core_settings_title'],
'file' => 'ManageSettings.php',
'function' => 'ModifyCoreFeatures',
'icon' => 'corefeatures.gif',
),
'featuresettings' => array(
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

hcfwesker

Quote from: newjay1000 on December 08, 2011, 10:21:45 AM
I have no idea why that code is not there. At about what line would it be? I can go ahead and try to put in the additional code and just see if I can get it to work.

Thanks,
Jason

are you going through the file and trying to find them 1 line at a time with your own eyes.  I'm not sure if you are but I made this mistake for the longest time til I knew I could use CTRL + F to search php files.   So, ,maybe you know, but just saying so just in case you didn't.

That line has to be there, otherwise you wouldn't be able to modify and theme settings in your admin panel.

ACA_web

Just moved to 2.0.1 from 1.1.15 and I'm able to get Global Headers and footers working with the Core Theme, but when I try to use the Default Curve theme my footer is not showing up. Any hints on how to best troubleshoot this?

ACA_web

Quote from: ACA_web on December 09, 2011, 06:31:58 PM
Just moved to 2.0.1 from 1.1.15 and I'm able to get Global Headers and footers working with the Core Theme, but when I try to use the Default Curve theme my footer is not showing up. Any hints on how to best troubleshoot this?

I got this working, it was a mistake on my end. Sorry for the post.

Silphonix

Hi... I installed the Mod, it work perfect, but... how can i center it ? because it shows me all on the left :|

vbgamer45

You can use center tags to align anycode that you enter.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Chin35char

I installed it to my forum but it doesn't show up anywhere in my Admin Panel to actually use the mod. It's not under the configuration settings at all.

vbgamer45

There should be an Headers/Footers link in the amin panel area. If not make sure you language is set to english

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

fullmoonya

i wish the page created is added to the link tree in this mod.
do not mark my topic solve unless it is REALLY SOLVED.
my forum

Visit My Blog:
Google SEO Share

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

fullmoonya

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 11, 2012, 09:58:14 PM
This mod does not create pages.
oops. sorry, i have posted in a wrong thread. I should post that in custom page mod. really sorry.
my forum

Visit My Blog:
Google SEO Share

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Bluearrow

Quote from: apieandpint on November 15, 2011, 03:32:39 PM
Quote from: hcfwesker on November 14, 2011, 09:10:54 PM
Somnething's not installing, so the next 2 times you installed, that portion probably displayed the header 3 times.  Check all edits made to all files, and search for duplicate codes.  I'd start in Sources/Load.php or a themes index.template.php file
Many thanks hcfwesker. My issue is now solved. The \\Global Headers and \\Global Footers code was triplicated in the sources/sub.php
Removed 2 of each and all back to normal with only 1 banner and 1 footer showing.
;D

I had same problem. header was displaying twice. Found those code parts in Sub.php were duplicated.

I edited all those code parts manually and then uploaded files and then uploaded the zip file.

So we don't really need to edit those file manually ?

Kindred

hi vbgamer...

I am actually a little confused... the "global header" section is not actually a HEADER - it appears under the main menu/linktree

and on a forum with EZPortal, it appears below the first ezblock...
http://test.turtleshellprod.com/index.php
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

fullmoonya

Quote from: Kindred on January 30, 2012, 10:59:35 PM
hi vbgamer...

I am actually a little confused... the "global header" section is not actually a HEADER - it appears under the main menu/linktree

and on a forum with EZPortal, it appears below the first ezblock...
http://test.turtleshellprod.com/index.php

that's my problem too. i hope to put the header at the verytop of the forum. like i want to request in ezportal support thread.
my forum

Visit My Blog:
Google SEO Share

vbgamer45

Requires some theme edits then. Current version uses layers or adds the code before the layers call with SMF 2.0 I belive.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

hcfwesker

I just moved the  // Global Headers   & // Global Footers   code from Sources/Subs.php to where i wanted it to be displayed in each Theme's index.template for all pages, or BoardIdex.template for just the index page.

vbgamer45

That works but if you have custom themes or multiple themes you would have to do it manually for each one.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

hcfwesker

Yup, which I noted in my post.

Quotewhere i wanted it to be displayed in each Theme's

Advertisement: