Global Headers and Footers

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, August 02, 2006, 10:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparky33

I know what you mean, but if you create a back up of each file before you modify it, you can't go wrong.

What I do, is sign into my ftp, then copy the file to my desktop, then rename the file on the ftp by adding a 1 to it, modify the file, upload it and test it, if there are no adverse changes all is well, then repeat the procedure for each file that needs modifying.

Bare in ind you may notice small changes on the way as you modify the files, this is normal.

Once you are happy that it all works ok, you can delete the renamed files.

see this topic here http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=149135.0
www.dublinforums.org

www.renaultforums.co

qubbah

when i install this mod,
this msg was appear in the top of my forum

//Global Announcements adminIndex text strings. $txt['global_announcements_admin'] = 'Global Announcements'; $txt['global_announcements_mods'] = 'Mods'; $txt['whoallow_globalAnnouncementsAdmin'] = 'Managing the Global Announcements.'; $txt['whoall_globalAnnouncements'] = 'Viewing a Global Announcement'; //Global Announcements adminIndex text strings. $txt['global_announcements_admin'] = 'Global Announcements'; $txt['global_announcements_mods'] = 'Mods'; $txt['whoallow_globalAnnouncementsAdmin'] = 'Managing the Global Announcements.'; $txt['whoall_globalAnnouncements'] = 'Viewing a Global Announcement'; //Global Announcements adminIndex text strings. $txt['global_announcements_admin'] = 'Global Announcements'; $txt['global_announcements_mods'] = 'Mods'; $txt['whoallow_globalAnnouncementsAdmin'] = 'Managing the Global Announcements.'; $txt['whoall_globalAnnouncements'] = 'Viewing a Global Announcement';

how can i resolved this?

babjusi

Quote from: sparky33 on February 08, 2007, 10:53:53 PM
I know what you mean, but if you create a back up of each file before you modify it, you can't go wrong.

What I do, is sign into my ftp, then copy the file to my desktop, then rename the file on the ftp by adding a 1 to it, modify the file, upload it and test it, if there are no adverse changes all is well, then repeat the procedure for each file that needs modifying.

Bare in ind you may notice small changes on the way as you modify the files, this is normal.

Once you are happy that it all works ok, you can delete the renamed files.

see this topic here http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=149135.0

Thanks sparky33, I will give it a try. Hope I can get the hand of this

sparky33

Quote from: qubbah on February 11, 2007, 10:58:20 AM
when i install this mod,
this msg was appear in the top of my forum

//Global Announcements adminIndex text strings. $txt['global_announcements_admin'] = 'Global Announcements'; $txt['global_announcements_mods'] = 'Mods'; $txt['whoallow_globalAnnouncementsAdmin'] = 'Managing the Global Announcements.'; $txt['whoall_globalAnnouncements'] = 'Viewing a Global Announcement'; //Global Announcements adminIndex text strings. $txt['global_announcements_admin'] = 'Global Announcements'; $txt['global_announcements_mods'] = 'Mods'; $txt['whoallow_globalAnnouncementsAdmin'] = 'Managing the Global Announcements.'; $txt['whoall_globalAnnouncements'] = 'Viewing a Global Announcement'; //Global Announcements adminIndex text strings. $txt['global_announcements_admin'] = 'Global Announcements'; $txt['global_announcements_mods'] = 'Mods'; $txt['whoallow_globalAnnouncementsAdmin'] = 'Managing the Global Announcements.'; $txt['whoall_globalAnnouncements'] = 'Viewing a Global Announcement';

how can i resolved this?

Uninstall the mod, see if it fixes the problem, if it does, then maybe it's incomatible with your set up. When you install, does it give you any errors before you finalize the installation?
www.dublinforums.org

www.renaultforums.co

affbld

awesome mod....you guys come up with the coolest ideas ever. thx!

Iron IC

This mod won`t install from the package manager. I got the zipfile uploaded and are asked to add the mod, but nothing happens after confirming to add it.

I run smf 1.1.2 and are on a unix server. I downloaded the latest version.

I gave chmodded all folders on my server, and I copied smffooter.php and smfheader.php into forum root. (should I?)

Any solutions? Is this mod compatible with smf 1.1.2?

Please respond. Thank you!  

shaylor2005

hi if im using html where do i put my css file and the images that i need to use

sparky33

Quote from: Iron IC on February 18, 2007, 07:10:16 PM
This mod won`t install from the package manager. I got the zipfile uploaded and are asked to add the mod, but nothing happens after confirming to add it.

I gave chmodded all folders on my server, and I copied smffooter.php and smfheader.php into forum root. (should I?)

It may be that it's not compatible with 1.1.2, or that you didn't use the default theme for the installation.
www.dublinforums.org

www.renaultforums.co

sparky33

Quote from: shaylor2005 on February 20, 2007, 03:20:11 PM
hi if im using html where do i put my css file and the images that i need to use

CSS I don't know, but the images can be hosted where ever you like, just add the URL to where they are located, images on your own site, images within SMF or a seperate host.
www.dublinforums.org

www.renaultforums.co

harmsway

I install it, and it says its succesfull.. but there are no additional options. I can't find the headers/footers.

sparky33

www.dublinforums.org

www.renaultforums.co

harmsway

Its not under configuration. I don't think its installing right, even though it says it installed succesfully.  

harry_enfield

Hi Harmsway

Check your Forum Error Log, if you haven't already ;)

sparky33

Did you install it whilst in the default theme?
www.dublinforums.org

www.renaultforums.co

babjusi

Quote from: Iron IC on February 18, 2007, 07:10:16 PM

yes, this mod is compatible with 1.1.2

babjusi

Hello harmsway

It should be there under the configuration at the admin''s panel in your forum

Check out the image on the right

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=351

dobuy

I get the same problem on one of my forums, the Global Headers and Footers prompt does not show on the menu.  I also get this error

Quote8: Undefined index: globalhf_title
File: /home/xxxxxx/public_html/testforum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2737

Any thoughts, the mod works fine on my other forum

CuTe_MaN

i have TP installed on my forum and I have installed the global headers and footers mod but I am facing a problem that the code that I have added only adds what ever I want around the forum but not arround the side bars of tp.

I have tried to fix the problem by my self but I couldnt

can any body help me to put also TP bars inside my template?

Thx

CuTe_MaN

CuTe_MaN

I have found a new problem as u can see in the pic:

the mod only adds the code arround the board body not arround every thing

any body can help?

Thx

CuTe_MaN

Advertisement: