News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Paid Subscriptions

Started by Grudge, August 12, 2006, 06:09:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grudge

Link to Mod

This modification is currently in beta - do not use it unless you are sure you know what you are doing!

This modification will add the ability to charge users a subscription to join a membergroup for a defined period of time.

Currently this only works with paypal, and maybe worldpay/authorize.net. To install simply run the modification and then enable the mod from the Settings tab in "Paid Subscriptions" from the admin center.

Note for paypal to work you need to setup your account to direct your IPN to this script. To do this login to paypal, click "Profile" and then select the "IPN" link from merchant tools. Enter the URL of your forum, and then the subs/ipn.php. For example:

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/subs/ipn.php

This is required for paypal to notify the forum that the payment was received.
I'm only a half geek really...

Jim R

Grudge,

Thanks for all your work.  The only issue I'm having with it (using it for PayPal) is it won't delete users I select who are "Finished" with their subscription.  I'm still in the testing phase and won't be active with it until October.

Thanks.

diegolyanky

Very very good !!!

But, on my site, I use PayPal and money ( in bills ) and Western UNion ... And other ways of paying method.

Has anyway to " SET " the users MANUALLY ? ...

Example:

User " A " pay for 3 months ... Has anyway to make what the user " A " before the 3 months will automatically changed to " Default User " ?????

Thanks a lot for your idea !!! ;););););)
SMF ... SimpleMachines ... Simple, but complete if you want it ;)

MegaV1

emm, why doesn't this have 1.0.7 protection?
i installed this from the package manager manually

WarBirD

Its an amazing mod. The question is, how do I make it work in other themes than the standard theme ?

Grudge

MegaV1 - it won't work on 1.0.7 I believe?

It will only *not* work on non-default themes if they have edited the profile I believe - even then I think it would work?

digit

Hey Grudge, 

I get a file corrupted message when using the package manager, and when I manually try to install it - after creating the subs directory, uploading files, etc, I see that this part doesn't work.....

<file name="$sourcedir/Admin.php">
<!-- A seach operation, with search rules and code to modify the file with. -->
<operation error="ignore">
<!-- Search for this text before the code we add.  You can also search for after, and the end of the file. -->
<search position="before"><![CDATA[
if (allowedTo('manage_bans'))
$context['admin_areas']['members']['areas']['ban'] = array($txt['ban_title'], 'ManageBans.php', 'Ban');
]]></search>
<!-- Add this text when we find it.  Note that it's on it's own line on purpose, and the CDATA keeps things clean. -->
<add><![CDATA[
if (allowedTo('admin_forum'))
$context['admin_areas']['members']['areas']['paidsubscribe'] = array($txt['paid_subscriptions'], 'ManagePaid.php', 'ManagePaidSubscriptions');
]]></add>
</operation>

in fact, in my $sourcedir/Admin.php I have no occurance of "ManageBans.php" at all!

I am running 1.1 RC2

If you can help, I sure would appreciate it!!!

Thanks in advance!!!
Happily using a heavily modified 1.1.16 version of SMF!

2748011 Posts in 320998 Topics by 50986 Members

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

MrCue

Why does it require the site owner to change their IPN.

You could instead use.

<input type="hidden" name="notify_url" value="http://yourdomain.com/path/to/your/ipn.php">

Which means the owner can use more than one IPN.

Would you consider making this change?
I am neither a Pessimist nor an Optimist, Just a Realist.

Eve-Online Forum | View Latest Eve-Online Kills | Site Map | SMF Installation

Grudge

MrCue,

Yes - that makes much sense.

digit,

Bugger - that whole operation *should* be ignored. I wonder whether it was a bug fixed in RC3? You can hit continue if that's the only problem - that file is only there to let it install on the development edition (i.e. SMF after 1.1)

diegolyanky

SMF ... SimpleMachines ... Simple, but complete if you want it ;)

qtime

How to upgrading from 0.8 to 0.9, I don't want to lose my info of the paying members already ;)
Plz give an update list with new features or repaired bugs.

digit

Quote from: Grudge on August 13, 2006, 06:13:38 PM

digit,

Bugger - that whole operation *should* be ignored. I wonder whether it was a bug fixed in RC3? You can hit continue if that's the only problem - that file is only there to let it install on the development edition (i.e. SMF after 1.1)

I wish I could upgrade now, but between the member map, flashchat, charter member mods, among other tweeks I've made, it's just not feasible to upgrade to another beta version.

Also - again -  I get a file corrupted messsage when selecting and uploading the mod (.tar.gz version) using the package manager. (1.1 RC2)

SOLD my website - thanks it was a good run - they converted to vbadvanced. (and screwed it up good!)

Jim R

Grudge,

Any thoughts on what I talked about above?  When I finish out a user's subscription and try and delete the account from the list, it won't delete.

Grudge

Jim - do you mean when you manually "finish" them from the admin menu as oppossed to letting it do it automatically?

Jim R

Quote from: Grudge on August 14, 2006, 11:32:09 AM
Jim - do you mean when you manually "finish" them from the admin menu as oppossed to letting it do it automatically?

User goes in and cancels his subscription.  It shows up as Finished.  I try to delete User from the subscription list--on the subscription page.  It won't delete him.

digit

specifically:

"The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted."

I'm running 1.1 RC2

Grudge

Jim, digit,

Unfortunately I'm now away on work until late next week but I'll try take a look on my return. digit - I have retarred the package and attached?

underdog

Hey id ownloaded this mod but I don't know what to do now. I installed it but I get [ Apply Mod ]. Whene i click on is I have to put my server name my login,password and Local path to SMF:.

For as I know i put it correct but nothing happend. I use 1.1rc2 and have the template on default.
Please help me.

ps is this mod also working with paypal prived account?
Blijf proberen en je zult het snappen!

qtime

Quote from: underdog on August 15, 2006, 06:12:06 AM
Hey id ownloaded this mod but I don't know what to do now. I installed it but I get [ Apply Mod ]. Whene i click on is I have to put my server name my login,password and Local path to SMF:.

For as I know i put it correct but nothing happend. I use 1.1rc2 and have the template on default.
Please help me.

Normally you can use your ftp codes to go on.

mickyd2006

Quote from: qtime on August 15, 2006, 07:06:57 PM
Quote from: underdog on August 15, 2006, 06:12:06 AM

Please help me.

Normally you can use your ftp codes to go on.

I had the same thing happen to me...

Installing this package will perform the following actions:
Type Action Description
1. Extract File ./Sources/ManagePaid.php
2. Extract File ./Themes/default/ManagePaid.template.php
3. Extract File ./Themes/default/languages/ManagePaid.english.php
4. Extract File ./subs/ipn.php
5. Extract File ./subs/worldpay.php
6. Extract File ./subs/paypal.php
7. Extract File ./subs/nochex.php
8. Extract File ./subs/2co.php
9. Extract File ./subs/authorize.php
10. Execute Code paidsubsdb.php
11. Execute Modification ./index.php Success
12. Execute Modification ./Sources/Profile.php Success
13. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Success
14. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs.php Success
15. Execute Modification ./Sources/Admin.php Success

Below That Was This Message And A Box To Input My FTP Info

FTP Information Required
Some of the files this package needs to modify are not writable. This needs to be changed by logging into FTP and chmoding the files.

I Entered My FTP Details & Local Path To SMF Clicked Proceed, But Nothing Happened.

Ideas Anyone?
High Quality Low Cost CMS Installations - Just-Installs.com

SOHK: School Of Hard Knox - Hard Hitting Lessons In Life

I Wonder:

What Exactly Did The Man Who Invented The Drawing Board Go Back To?
Why Are Disasters Always Described As Great?
What Platform Was Windows Designed On?

Advertisement: