News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 1.0.9 and patch for 1.1 RC3 released

Started by Compuart, October 29, 2006, 05:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Compuart

Quote from: licheng on October 30, 2006, 03:56:49 AM
I download update files to upgrade from SMF 1.0.8 to SMF 1.0.9, but got a messenge something like

QuoteThe upgrader found some old or outdated files.

Please make certain you uploaded the new versions of all the files included in the package.

Click here to try again.

I have tried upgrade files to upgrade SMF, but got the same messenge.

Oh, yes, I use the default theme without any modification, and use English as default language.

Any suggestion?

There was a version number in the previous packages from the download page that hadn't been updated.  To get the upgrade working you can either download the files again or replace the following in upgrade.php:

Code (upgrade.php) Select
define('SMF_VERSION', '1.0.8');

by:
define('SMF_VERSION', '1.0.9');
Hendrik Jan Visser
Former Lead Developer & Co-founder www.simplemachines.org
Personal Signature:
Realitynet.nl -> ExpeditieRobinson.net / PekingExpress.org / WieIsDeMol.Com

Bernak

Thanks for the update,
now running 1.0.9  :)

Can't change to 1.1, i would need to update too much stuff and the 1.0 is great!  ;D

DSM

I installed the update on RC3 and everything went good, but I'm wondering how to edit the forum version in the footer? I edited it index.php and just changed the version to SMF instead of SMF 1.1 RC3 but that didn't work. I also edited index.english.php and changed some code to this.

$real_version = $forum_version;
$forum_version = "SMF";
$forum_copyright = '<a href="http://www.simplemachines.org/" title="Simple Machines Forum" target="_blank">Powered by ' . $forum_version . '</a> |
<a href="http://www.simplemachines.org/about/copyright.php" title="Free Forum Software" target="_blank">SMF &copy; 2001-2005, Lewis Media</a>';
$forum_version =  $real_version;

This method worked before but now it doesn't.

I also tried this method, in index.php after loadUserSettings(); I added

if (!$user_info['is_admin']))
  $GLOBALS['forum_version'] = 'SMF';

and this method doesn't work either.

manji

Quote from: Compuart on October 29, 2006, 05:57:14 AMwhile the fix for the 1.1 RC3 branch will merely be released as patched version, the version of the forum will remain 1.1 RC3 (therefore, most of the modifications should remain compatible).

So I guess the version number won't change :-)

Cheers,
João.

KB

Unfortunately, Ive ran into problems using the package manager to update my 1.0.8 to 1.0.9
Ive tried two different zips now and both result in the error
" The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted. "

I also downloaded these zips several times, no change....plus tried the gzip versions as well.

I have had no problems using the Package manager since changing my hosting to avoid the "safe mode" issues.  And as I remember, the 1.0.8 upgrade, had a single link for me to click within my admin CP to initiate the upgrade via the Package Manager...which was not the case this time.  I had to download the update to my local machine and attempt the upload via PM.

Im most likely just not "seeing the forest because of the trees" here, but before I do a manual install....I would appreciate any suggestions to get the PM to work! 

One thing I noticed in the 1.0.9 update files though.....
I unzipped the files (and no, I didnt try to upload the uncompressed files..lol) but noticed that it did NOT contain a file called "package-info.xml" .....so.....could this be the reason for my unsuccessful attempts at install via the PM?

THANKS!!!!!!

Oh and btw...love the halloween theme!!!! :)

Harzem

You are trying to upload "smf_patch_1-0-9_1-1-rc3-1.tar.gz" via PM right?

KB

Quote from: HarzeM on October 30, 2006, 04:50:20 PM
You are trying to upload "smf_patch_1-0-9_1-1-rc3-1.tar.gz" via PM right?

Ive not tried that one today....but did the gzip file that was on the downloads thread...sometime last night.  Same result.

What Ive tried most recently is the " updated_files_SMF_1-0-9.zip "

so NOW HOWEVER....I guess I need to insert my "DOH!!..homer" smiley here...lol...because I just did the upgrade successfully using the PATCH gzip file!!!!!

THANKS HarzeM!!!  ITs great to see "the forest" now!!! :)

DHC

Quote from: anonim on October 29, 2006, 10:49:11 AM
Quote from: Compuart on October 29, 2006, 09:29:56 AM
Since most modifications have been made compatible for 1.1 RC3 by now, those still running 1.1 RC2 are advised to upgrade to 1.1 RC3 or to apply the changes manually.

there are still modifications not updated. and for a site heavy modded is not so easy
btw, I modified this patch to work to RC2-2 and it works just fine. tks anyway.

PLEASE!! Post that patch!

I too have a heavily-modded RC2 board and CANNOT take the time to convert everything over to RC3. In fact, there are STILL mods I am using which are NOT migrated to RC3.

Jazeker

I hate to be a pain in the ass, but I recently upgraded from 1.0.7 to 1.0.8 via the package manager with no pain.  Now, with the move from 1.0.8 to 1.0.9 it keeps asking me for my ftp info while that has not changed.  it reports success on all files, but keeps asking me for the ftp info.  I guess this is not the fault of SMF, but it would be handy to know where to start...

tethead

OK, i managed to do the update on a remote dedicated Debian Etch server by un-tar'ing the file in the right directory then running upgrade.php, which ran thru just fine.  however, when i go into the admin section of the forums and check the detailed versions, there are still several files in red that lists "1.1 RC3" as the installed version while "1.1 RC3-1" as the current version.  i am not sure what else to do to upgrade those files. 

the ones still needing to be updated are:
ManageBoards.php
PersonalMessage.php
Recent.php
Register.php
Search.php

am i up to date and those just report inaccurately? 

thanks.
week4paug.net - a website for all things PHiSH

licheng

Quote from: Compuart on October 30, 2006, 10:15:05 AM
There was a version number in the previous packages from the download page that hadn't been updated.  To get the upgrade working you can either download the files again or replace the following in upgrade.php:

define('SMF_VERSION', '1.0.8');

by:
define('SMF_VERSION', '1.0.9');

You're right. :)

I used smf_1-0-9_update.tar.bz2 to update my forums, and the version number in upgrade.php is 1.0.8.

Now I have updated all my forums successfully.

Thank you very much.

Have a nice day. :)

DHC

Quote from: Compuart on October 29, 2006, 09:29:56 AM
Since most modifications have been made compatible for 1.1 RC3 by now, those still running 1.1 RC2 are advised to upgrade to 1.1 RC3 or to apply the changes manually.

Please explain - step-by-step, exactly WHICH file is to be used to update a RC2 board - and what you mean to "apply the changes manually."

Dannii

This patch is not for RC2. There is no way to install it automatically. You will have to manually edit the source files and make the same changes the mod does.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

tethead

any idea about my quandary, re: incorrect version #s after an update to my RC3 installation?
week4paug.net - a website for all things PHiSH

Dannii

Open up the files in a text editor and check if the changes were actually made to those files.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

saadahmed007

If I want to fix the 1.1 RC3 branch, then what should I download from attachments?

smf_patch_1-0-9_1-1-rc3-1.tar.gz  or updated_files_SMF_1-1-rc3-1.zip

mediawizard

Quote from: funpika on October 29, 2006, 10:11:57 AM
Quote from: HarzeM on October 29, 2006, 10:10:55 AM
Quote from: funpika on October 29, 2006, 10:10:13 AM
Nice guys! I am going to update my RC3 now. Well I don't think you will be able to make any other patches for 1.0. :P There is no room in those decimals. :P

1.0.10 ;)
Lol. I have never seen version decimals used in such a way. Hopefully we won't need 1.0.10 though.

I use Joomla. Currently on 1.0.11, plus they also have a 1.5 beta!!
hxxp:www.mediawiz.biz [nonactive], hxxp:www.jooms.com [nonactive], hxxp:www.idj.in [nonactive]
Coming Soon... hxxp:indiaos.com [nonactive]
SMF Rocks!!

borizb

Works fine for me (1.08 -> 1.09), thx a lot!
Borum2.de.vu [nofollow]

Alcor

I try to apply it through the package installer and I have this message.

QuoteSession verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again.

SMF Version 1.1RC3

House

I'm only a new SMF admin, been using it maybe 6 weeks now.

In Package Manager I follow the link in:
QuoteA security issue has been identified in SMF 1.0.8. You can install this patch (click here to install) to easily update yourself to the latest version.

and get:
QuoteThe package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

I DEFINITELY installed 1.0.8 using "smf_1-0-8_install.tar.gz" (it's still in my download folder) but when I check the Mod List i have:
QuoteMod Name     Version
1.    MySQL 5.0.12 Compatibility Update    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
2.    SMF 1.0.7 / 1.1 RC2 Update    1.0    [ Uninstall ]
Does this mean I'm 'half running' 1.0.7. I didn't install it, How is this possible? What gives and what do I have to do to upgrade? Why can't I uninstall the 1.0.7 patch?

Advertisement: