News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 1.0.9 and patch for 1.1 RC3 released

Started by Compuart, October 29, 2006, 05:57:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary

Which files are listed as "Test Failed"?

-AwwLilMaggie
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

SkyWay

It doesn't say as far as I can see.

By the way it IS 1.1 RC3 that I have installed just now.

SkyWay

It's ok. I tried updating without using the package manager and it went without a hitch. Thanks though, ;)

bjornbjorn

// Edit: disregard my message.

Sorry for the FUD - my problem was not caused by SMF (but SMF got influenced since I was loading it's css style through s9y, which was the real cause of the problem. Or actually, a PHP 5.2.0 upgrade was, so no fault with either SMF or s9y :) ).

- bjorn
43min - start teh lol [nofollow] - root.no [nofollow] norwegian tech site - skitX [nofollow] norwegian entrepreneur forum

kriskd

Installed on my RC3 forum via the package manager with no problems.

Question -- is this patch included on the upgrade files for RC3?  I ask because I still have an RC2 forum I need to upgrade and I'd just like to know if installing this patch will be an additional step.
SMF 2.0.2

FunPika4

Quote from: kriskd on November 03, 2006, 08:48:18 PM
Installed on my RC3 forum via the package manager with no problems.

Question -- is this patch included on the upgrade files for RC3?  I ask because I still have an RC2 forum I need to upgrade and I'd just like to know if installing this patch will be an additional step.
I believe when you upgrade RC2 to RC3 the patch will be have to be installed via package manager.

Daniel15

The parch applied successfully for me, with the exception of the edit to $sourcedir/Profile.php. The problem was this line in the smf_1-0-9.mod file:

<edit file>
$sourcedir/Profile.php
</edit file>

<search for>
* Software Version:           SMF 1.0.8                                       *
</search for>

It's searching for SMF 1.0.8 in the file, but mine said SMF 1.0.6. This was strange seeing as I had SMF 1.0.8 installed... It's fine now, though. I changed it manually, and it appears to be fine :)
Daniel15, former Customisation team member, resigned due to lack of time. I still love everyone here :D.
Go to smfshop.com for SMFshop support, do NOT email or PM me!

reefzone

Hi,

I apply the patch without any problems. Only when I upload it from package manager, it said in the first row, >config .txt File not found? But the installation proceed without any problem.

How can I know the package is correctly installed?

magic1136

SleePy

Quote from: Daniel15 on November 04, 2006, 02:10:04 AM
The parch applied successfully for me, with the exception of the edit to $sourcedir/Profile.php. The problem was this line in the smf_1-0-9.mod file:

<edit file>
$sourcedir/Profile.php
</edit file>

<search for>
* Software Version:           SMF 1.0.8                                       *
</search for>

It's searching for SMF 1.0.8 in the file, but mine said SMF 1.0.6. This was strange seeing as I had SMF 1.0.8 installed... It's fine now, though. I changed it manually, and it appears to be fine :)

From what I know. Package Manager Updates Only changes the file versions on the files it edits.. Thats why you got the problem..
You have to edit the file manually and change it..
You can do that to all your files so they all say 1.0.9 if you need to..
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Paraiba

Whoa how easy was that!  :D
Package manager - there's an update, click here to install, test successful, install, done.

Contrast that with "another package"

Email - there's a patch. Bang head on desk, "OH NO! Not again"
Go to site, download zip, hold breath, unzip. How many files this time?
Only 43, Oh good, It'll only take me 3 hours.
Run file compares, mark up changes, apply changes.
Go back to site as one lot of code that needs to be changed doesn't seem to be there.
Post on board. Remove post as there suddenly seem to be many other identical posts.
Wait for reply.
Email - there's a patch to the patch.  Bang head on desk, "OH NO! Not again"..........................................
;D
Every morning is the dawn of a new error

Gary

Email - there's a patch to the patch to the patch. ;)
Gary M. Gadsdon
Do NOT PM me unless I say so
War of the Simpsons
Bongo Comics Fan Forum
Youtube Let's Plays

^ YT is changing monetisation policy, help reach 1000 sub threshold.

Paraiba

Quote from: Downbeat on November 04, 2006, 12:32:36 PM
Email - there's a patch to the patch to the patch. ;)
Oh OK, which button do I press?  :-*
Every morning is the dawn of a new error

jeweledleah

you know, something weird happened, once I updated to 1.09   now, when I try to posy something as link - it adds a whole bunch of extra stuff (like a copy of a link within the url brackets)  and it refuses to change the color of the link text.  never happened with older version, so what gives?  i don't know if anything else is going to act up, since posting the link is the only option I've tried since update, but I wanted to let you know.. 

devnet

I'm running 1.1 RC3.  I applied the patch through the admin panel.  I'm also running a wrapped forum inside joomla 1.0.11.

Now when I post to a wrapped address like http://www.mypclinuxos.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=6&topic=406.0 the address trunctuates and sends my members to http://www.mypclinuxos.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=6&amp;top

So, how do I go about fixing this problem?  You cannot link at all...even using url tags won't make this work.

Do I need to start this thread in the joomla sub forum?  Or is this a problem for everyone?  You can see exactly what I mean in the second reply to this thread: http://www.mypclinuxos.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=6&topic=405.msg3289#msg3289

SleePy

That would be a joomla bridge problem. Not a SMF problem..

I would post down in Bridges section about this.
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

bebe

Quote from: manji on October 29, 2006, 07:49:11 PM
Hi,

So I downloaded updated_files_SMF_1-1-rc3-1.zip and uploaded the files. All is working OK, but it still says 1.1RC3 in the bottom, not 1.1RC3-1.

And the reminder on the package tab is still there. Should I do smth to remove that or just leave it :)

Cheers!

Nobody reply on the above.

I did the update manually by replacing the 6 files but when i go to Admin-->Packages, i saw this
QuoteA security issue has been identified in SMF 1.1 RC3. You can install this patch (click here to install) to easily update yourself to the latest version.

If you have any problems applying it, you can use the version posted on the downloads page - although, any modifications you have installed will need to be uninstalled. Please post on the forum if you need more help
basically the same thing as what manji has mentioned earlier.

Please let us know what should we do to get rid of the reminder.

Dannii

The reminder shows there unless you installed the patch through the package manager.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise."

bebe

So the only way we could get rid of the reminder would be re-patch using the Package Manager? *sweat*

winrules

Quote from: bebe on November 07, 2006, 05:11:09 PM
So the only way we could get rid of the reminder would be re-patch using the Package Manager? *sweat*
Yeah.

winrules
SMF Developer

My Mods
Please do not PM me for support.

Advertisement: