News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

YouTube BBC Tag (XHTML Compliant)

Started by Daniel Marquard, January 03, 2007, 09:18:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cherri - MCLG

pleeeease help

i followed all the instructions for adding the youtube, and keep getting this error message:

8: Undefined index: youtube
File: /home/content/m/c/l/mclgadmin/html/simplemachinesforum/Themes/default/languages/Post.english.php (eval?)
Line: 770
"The unreal is more powerful than the real, because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it, because its only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. Stone crumbles. Wood rots. People, well, they die..., but things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on."
~Chuck Palahniuk~

Daniel Marquard

MCLG, Post.english.php is unaffedted by my mod.  Do you have a custom Post.template.php?

Cherri - MCLG

hi marion, no, the instructions didnt say to do that... im reallly new to this, and feeling extremely ignorant.

ive figured out a lot, but there are still sooo many things that i can not figure out, i come here to try n get help, and dont understand all the tech talk here either...

how do i create a custom post.template.php?
"The unreal is more powerful than the real, because nothing is as perfect as you can imagine it, because its only intangible ideas, concepts, beliefs, fantasies that last. Stone crumbles. Wood rots. People, well, they die..., but things as fragile as a thought, a dream, a legend, they can go on and on."
~Chuck Palahniuk~

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: MCLG on March 25, 2007, 09:04:04 PM
hi marion, no, the instructions didnt say to do that... im reallly new to this, and feeling extremely ignorant.

ive figured out a lot, but there are still sooo many things that i can not figure out, i come here to try n get help, and dont understand all the tech talk here either...

It's not something you create.  Here, we'll start from the basics.  What theme are you using on your forum?

keichi

Hi there, im mexican, sorry my bad english :P

im read already ALL THE TREAD (believe it or not...) and really i cant understand this...

im already install succefull this MOD (very good the mod, congratulations marlon ;)) i use my SMF forum in spanis_es, and i already changues all the settings in the files what need it (post.templete.php, i move youtube.gif to the correctly directory, etc) and now, i can see the button "youtube" in the screen of posting, the button insert the tags correctly ([youtube=425,350][/youtube]) but, when im post the video, not works!!, only i see the code ([youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X4tWIwx0ns [nofollow][/youtube] for example...)

please, say me what i need to changue! im not have the problem of the code in the top of forum, im install succefully, but... not work TTTT--------TTTT

Cherri - MCLG

i think i used babalon, although i created a copy of it, then changed it to fit my needs and color scheme

Quote from: Marlon on March 26, 2007, 11:35:18 AM
Quote from: MCLG on March 25, 2007, 09:04:04 PM

It's not something you create.  Here, we'll star from the basics.  What theme are you using on your forum?
~Chuck Palahniuk~

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: keichi on March 26, 2007, 11:50:08 AM
Hi there, im mexican, sorry my bad english :P

im read already ALL THE TREAD (believe it or not...) and really i cant understand this...

im already install succefull this MOD (very good the mod, congratulations marlon ;)) i use my SMF forum in spanis_es, and i already changues all the settings in the files what need it (post.templete.php, i move youtube.gif to the correctly directory, etc) and now, i can see the button "youtube" in the screen of posting, the button insert the tags correctly ([youtube=425,350][/youtube]) but, when im post the video, not works!!, only i see the code ([youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X4tWIwx0ns[/youtube] for example...)

please, say me what i need to changue! im not have the problem of the code in the top of forum, im install succefully, but... not work TTTT--------TTTT

Use the code [youtube=420,350]8X4tWIwx0ns[/youtube].

Roger

Wouldn't it be a lot easier if you could just copy and paste the URL for the video?

Roger

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: Roger on March 26, 2007, 06:03:36 PM
Wouldn't it be a lot easier if you could just copy and paste the URL for the video?

Roger

Of course it would.  And that would be great...if you wanted to display the YouTube video page in its entirety within the post.

Roger

Sure, but you could just make the code parse and delete the url for you... Yeah, I know, me and my forum users are lazy ;)

Roger

micwitty

I just recently installed smf and installed the mod but it doesnt seem to work. I had to do it manually and it still doesnt work. Can someone help me???

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: micwitty on March 26, 2007, 09:30:59 PM
I just recently installed smf and installed the mod but it doesnt seem to work. I had to do it manually and it still doesnt work. Can someone help me???

Doesn't work?  Care to be a bit more specific?

micwitty

When i use youtube mod it just shows a url instead of the video.

tondelo

Quote from: micwitty on March 27, 2007, 02:29:03 AM
When i use youtube mod it just shows a url instead of the video.

Can you post what it looks like? You shouldn't be posting the URL, just the video unique ID..

micwitty

HiThereWorld

Just wondering, aren't there any legal issues with using this mod?

I mean, I aint no expert, but isn't this breaching some sort of YouTube legal thingy?

The mod works fine on my forum, I just don't wanna get into trouble for using it

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: HiThereWorld on March 28, 2007, 10:19:10 AM
Just wondering, aren't there any legal issues with using this mod?

I mean, I aint no expert, but isn't this breaching some sort of YouTube legal thingy?

The mod works fine on my forum, I just don't wanna get into trouble for using it

Why would it be?  YouTube themselves provide any user with the code to embed their videos into remote webpages.

MrAnderson.cl

Hi... this is a great mod... I've installed it on some SMF forums and works great...

The only thing that could be changed is:

Let the option for entering the last 10 characters that identify the video or the whole youtube url... with some php you can check if there's the whole url or only the last 10 characters... something like this...

$arrContent = $1;
if ( strchr($arrContent, 'http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=') == true) {
  $arrRetVal = explode('http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=' $arrContent, 2);
  $videoID = $arrRetVal[1];
} else {
  $videoID = $arrContent;
}

Lately instead of $1 it should say

'content' => '<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="$2" height="$3" data="http://www.youtube.com/v/$videoID"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/$videoID"></param><param name=wmode" value="transparent"></param></object>',

The problem is i don't where to put the first code shown for making it work with either the last ten characters that identify the video or the whole youtube url...

Hoping for some help...

Greetings from Chile
MrAnderson

PD. I'm not good at coding so the first php code may be improved.

Tick

I installed the mod and it works great.  the only problem I see is the button shows up as text.  I have already copied the you tube gif.  to my dilber mc theme images.  what could be the problem.  everything else works good.  Great mod by the way.   I am using smf 1.1.2

Edit:  I fixed it . I had uploaded the you tube gif.  in the images  not the images/bbc

nicky6797

Very nice mod thanks. Is there any way I can center the clip screen horizontally.

Advertisement: