YouTube BBC Tag (XHTML Compliant)

Started by Daniel Marquard, January 03, 2007, 09:18:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreamSinger

Quote from: Marlon on February 15, 2007, 01:25:48 PM
Quote from: DreamSinger on February 15, 2007, 12:25:13 AM
Are these duplicates with the ~ ? Can they be deleted or what do I do with them?

Yes, they are your previous file versions renamed with a ~.  Removing them at your own discretion should not be an issue.  :)

Okay, thanks.

Could you, please, tell me why it still won't work in my Firefox brower though? It's like the screen is frozen and I can't click the arrow. In IE7, it works only if I click the arrow twice, and then it, also, opens a new window to the YouTube site, itself, in addition to playing in the post.

Here's the url, http://keepingthedream.net/index.php?topic=65.0  if you or anyone else would like to look at it through the different browers.

I have the latest version of Firefox and IE7.

Any help in this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

DreamSinger

Thanks for the feedback. Do you mean it doesn't work in your Mozilla, or that it isn't supposed to work in Mozilla at all?

I thought I read earlier you need to update to Firefox 2.0 or something. I know I have the latest version...

Daniel Marquard

DreamSinger

Quote from: Marlon on February 16, 2007, 01:52:26 AM
Quote from: webmistress on February 15, 2007, 09:22:54 PM
Doesn't work in Mozilla.

Works just fine for me and other Mozilla users.

I'm still confused. Are you saying the mod, itself, generally speaking, works fine for you and other Mozilla users? If so, what I would  like to know is if other Mozilla users can see if it's works for them on my board:
http://keepingthedream.net/index.php?topic=65.0

Because it doesn't seem to for me. Would really appreciate feedback on this.

Thanks!

DreamSinger

Okay, FINALLY, I understand. This is what happens when you're on the lower end of the learning curve.

I confused update with upgrade. I checked my Firefox and it did say I had the latest updates. But that's different from upgrades.

So for all you other newbies, to have this mod work in Firefox, make sure you go to the Firefox website and upgrade to the newest version of Firefox. It has to be a 2.0 version, and not just the latest updates for 1.whatever.   ::)

Thanks for a great mod.  :)

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: DreamSinger on February 16, 2007, 10:37:00 AM
I'm still confused. Are you saying the mod, itself, generally speaking, works fine for you and other Mozilla users? If so, what I would  like to know is if other Mozilla users can see if it's works for them on my board:
http://keepingthedream.net/index.php?topic=65.0

Because it doesn't seem to for me. Would really appreciate feedback on this.

Thanks!

I'm confised too, seeing as it works just fine for me.  Make sure your version of Flash is up to date.

snoopdog

I have it working on one forum. with 1.1.2 I am getting one error.

. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs.php Test failed  

Never mind I got it working :) I had the wrong mod.  ;) mine was the
Quoteyoutube_bbc_0.2
that was not working.

readme.txt

Because when I respond to a subject with a video, for example:
[youtube=425,350]FLgn64-bbwQ[/youtube]

At the time of sending the message, it leaves a warning to me saying that I must nevertheless write something but this the code of youtube.

To the flank of the code I write a “point”, that if it sends it and it leaves the message the video with the point to the flank.

If they want they test. 

I have proven it in my forum and leaves that problem, also I did it in the forum of "DreamSinger" and leaves he himself problem.

Sorry my english is not good.
Hagamos el mundo al reves.

DreamSinger

Hi ReadMe.

I tried posting a reply on that thread, and had no problems. I tested reply1 with FireFox 2.0.1, and then reply 2 in Internet Explorer 7. I did not get that message, just a blank reply box that I was able to fill in and post.

What browser are you using?

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: readme.txt on February 16, 2007, 11:50:33 PM
Because when I respond to a subject with a video, for example:

At the time of sending the message, it leaves a warning to me saying that I must nevertheless write something but this the code of youtube.

To the flank of the code I write a "point", that if it sends it and it leaves the message the video with the point to the flank.

If they want they test. 

I have proven it in my forum and leaves that problem, also I did it in the forum of "DreamSinger" and leaves he himself problem.

Sorry my english is not good.

Just add some text to the post and it should submit without any problems.

readme.txt

Quote from: DreamSinger on February 17, 2007, 09:40:41 AM
Hi ReadMe.

I tried posting a reply on that thread, and had no problems. I tested reply1 with FireFox 2.0.1, and then reply 2 in Internet Explorer 7. I did not get that message, just a blank reply box that I was able to fill in and post.

What browser are you using?

Hi, it tries single to put the code of youtube as you see in the figure of above, you do not put anything of text, single the code.

I using Firefox 2.0.0.1

Quote from: Marlon on February 18, 2007, 02:08:18 AM

Just add some text to the post and it should submit without any problems.

Of that form if it works. It must also work of the other form. I believe that it is an error of the SMF. 
Hagamos el mundo al reves.

webmistress

Quote from: DreamSinger on February 15, 2007, 09:43:13 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Do you mean it doesn't work in your Mozilla, or that it isn't supposed to work in Mozilla at all?

I thought I read earlier you need to update to Firefox 2.0 or something. I know I have the latest version...

It's not working in MY mozilla. But it is working fine in Firefox. I'll check opera shortly.

I have my mozilla configured to act like Safari. That way I can troubleshoot mac issues better. It's been right on so far but it's not a safari.

webmistress

It works in Opera.  I forgot to mention that I have the latest firefox, mozilla, ie7 and I am probably a version behind on Opera.

bilbojr

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: bilbojr on February 19, 2007, 08:29:36 PM
Mine just shows the code no video.

Mind posting a link to an example topic?

bilbojr

sorry yes site is NSFW btw

hxxp:eradicational.net/index.php?topic=2134.msg3930#msg3930 [nonactive]

actually that video is gone if that matters

this one i know is still active

hxxp:eradicational.net/index.php?topic=2580.0 [nonactive]

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: bilbojr on February 19, 2007, 09:26:18 PM

http://eradicational.net/index.php?topic=2134.msg3930#msg3930

http://eradicational.net/index.php?topic=2580.0

First, you must use the R-ayk8xz5_A for that particular video, because that's the video ID, not the URL.  Second, the mod doesn't appear to be installed properly.

bilbojr

Quote from: Marlon on February 19, 2007, 11:14:28 PM
Quote from: bilbojr on February 19, 2007, 09:26:18 PM

hxxp:eradicational.net/index.php?topic=2134.msg3930#msg3930 [nonactive]

hxxp:eradicational.net/index.php?topic=2580.0 [nonactive]

First, you must use the R-ayk8xz5_A for that particular video, because that's the video ID, not the URL.  Second, the mod doesn't appear to be installed properly.

OK I didn't use the URL but had v= in front of the code you said to use and used the package manager to reinstall it after the 1.1.2 update. It worked with that code prior to the update.

Daniel Marquard

Quote from: bilbojr on February 20, 2007, 01:12:26 AM
OK I didn't use the URL but had v= in front of the code you said to use and used the package manager to reinstall it after the 1.1.2 update. It worked with that code prior to the update.

So does it function correctly now?

Advertisement: