Default Membergroup on Registration

Started by Rudolf, May 20, 2007, 03:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudolf

Quote from: foxdie on April 25, 2008, 01:30:53 PM
have fun with whatever youre doing

Real life is what I'm doing. And yes, I'm trying to have fun with it, but it's difficult.
As for your question, post based groups can't be set as default because, well, they are based on posts. A post based group is not something you set.
I will update all my mods in the next few weeks. Thanks for your patience.

SVG-Collapse (you need an SVG compliant browser)

foxdie

so we cant make a user not post links until he/she reaches a certain post count?

is it possible anyway?

Rudolf

You can set up a user group that denies the permission to post links and set it as default.
For this you would need to activate the "Enable the option to deny permissions" in the permission settings.

Marcus Forsberg

Swedish translation:

//-Default Membergroup on Registration MOD- START
$txt['admin_register_group1'] = 'Sekondär medlemsgrupp;
$txt['admin_register_group1_desc'] = 'Den sekondära medlemsgruppen nya medlemar kommer tillhöra.';
//-Default Membergroup on Registration MOD- END

foxdie

Quote from: Rudolf on April 26, 2008, 06:00:48 AM
You can set up a user group that denies the permission to post links and set it as default.
For this you would need to activate the "Enable the option to deny permissions" in the permission settings.

it didnt work the way i needed...it blocks the new registered members from posting links (which theyre part of the new membergroup with denied permission on registration) and after a certain post count, member becomes part of the next level membergroup, like i wanted to. the problem is, after reaching the next level membergroup, the member is also still in the membergroup with denied permission. so the next level membergroup becomes useless

this is a lil complicated, i guess smf just needs the option to select which membergroups(with "off posts" option) a new member will be in on registration

edi67

CrazyZone - My SMF Forum

From the difficult the hardening of the man you can see

City Builder

Before i try it and mess up our forum, does anybody know if this works properly with 1.1.5?

Verily

Quote from: City Builder on May 22, 2008, 02:37:02 PM
Before i try it and mess up our forum, does anybody know if this works properly with 1.1.5?
Seems to be working fine for me.  Just do as they mentioned on the previous page and set your package manager to emulate 1.1.3 first, though, just in case.

Marcus Forsberg

Will this work whit 2.x?

And if not, will it do in the future?

Trinny

Quote from: Nascar on August 30, 2008, 04:46:47 AM
Will this work whit 2.x?

And if not, will it do in the future?
Big fat bump.

I had this mod installed on my forum when I first set it up. I'm now using 2.0 and this mod is sorely missed.

Rudolf

Yes, I will upgrade the mod some time in the future.

Vincent Volmer

Quote from: Rudolf on November 02, 2008, 07:45:00 AM
Yes, I will upgrade the mod some time in the future.

Oke!  :D Would be great!
thank you!

Vincent

drhamad

Any update on this, Rudolf?  I tried to update it myself, thought I had it, but ran into some problem I couldn't figure out.  So I'm reliant on you.

Thanks!
FMVperformance:  3.51m posts, 63k members, 11 boards, 1 database

Mazda3Forums - SmallVolvos - MazdaSpeeders Mazda Club - FordFusionClubMazda CX-7 Club - MyMazda6
Now introducing: MKSdrivers.com - FocusDrivers - TaurusDrivers

bburg5

I do not mean to be a noob, but when I use the drop down menu I only get "Global Moderator" option and no others. I also have several membergroups set up. Also what is the secondary member used for?

Thanks

bburg5

drhamad

Secondary membergroup is used for... secondary (additional) membergroups ... I'm not sure what else to say about that?

Mazda3Forums - SmallVolvos - MazdaSpeeders Mazda Club - FordFusionClubMazda CX-7 Club - MyMazda6

bburg5

Quote from: drhamad on March 04, 2009, 05:18:38 PM
Secondary membergroup is used for... secondary (additional) membergroups ... I'm not sure what else to say about that?

So I can not put a member into a specific group with out setting post limits. I want to have a member put in a group on registraion, then be moved based on monetary donations.

Thanks

drhamad

Quote from: bburg5 on March 04, 2009, 05:28:10 PM
Quote from: drhamad on March 04, 2009, 05:18:38 PM

So I can not put a member into a specific group with out setting post limits. I want to have a member put in a group on registraion, then be moved based on monetary donations.

Thanks

Sure, this mod will let you do that - at least, it'll let you do the default on registration part.  Up to you beyond that.

bburg5

Can you change who the default is? Only options to choose from are "No Primary Membergroup" or "Global Moderator"

Thanks

bburg5

still wandering if their is a way to get the default membergroup to be something other than the above post?

Advertisement: