Default Membergroup on Registration

Started by Rudolf, May 20, 2007, 03:09:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drhamad

If the mod is properly installed (in 1.1.x) it should give you the option of any of your groups...
FMVperformance:  3.51m posts, 63k members, 11 boards, 1 database

Mazda3Forums - SmallVolvos - MazdaSpeeders Mazda Club - FordFusionClubMazda CX-7 Club - MyMazda6
Now introducing: MKSdrivers.com - FocusDrivers - TaurusDrivers

bburg5

I had no errors while applying mod. That is why I do not understand.

Thanks

bburg5

Still having same issue. Any help would be great..

Thanks

EDIT- I was able to get it to work correctly on the main forum, but the forum that is sharing the main forums db will not show the additional membergroups.

bburg5

Still needing help as it is difficult keeping up with changing membergroups for this forum.

Thanks

drhamad

If you can't figure it out and you've gone through the installation line-by-line, just use a forced version.  If you go into Registration.php you can find the array the inputs details of a registratoin and force a usergroup number into it.

Mazda3Forums - SmallVolvos - MazdaSpeeders Mazda Club - FordFusionClubMazda CX-7 Club - MyMazda6

bburg5

Great! I will look into this today

thanks

bburg5

I checked and tried several code changes in the manageregistration.php file, but no success. can you advise further as I really would like to get this to work.
Is having the databases shared causing the issue?

Thanks

GreenX

Default Membergroup on Registration - Installation Instructions for 2.0 RC1

Is it safe to use since it can be selected from the drop down box in the mod section.

Thanks

drhamad

Where do you see install instructions for 2.0?  This mod is compatible with 1.1 only.

bburg5

Quote from: drhamad on March 26, 2009, 11:17:40 PM
If you can't figure it out and you've gone through the installation line-by-line, just use a forced version.  If you go into Registration.php you can find the array the inputs details of a registratoin and force a usergroup number into it.
Quote from: bburg5 on March 28, 2009, 12:32:31 AM
I checked and tried several code changes in the manageregistration.php file, but no success. can you advise further as I really would like to get this to work.
Is having the databases shared causing the issue?

Thanks

I still can not get the second forum to register members into membergroup upon reg.

Thanks

drhamad

In Subs-Members.php, look for:
'additional_groups' =>

Sorry, I told you the wrong file before.

bburg5

this is the code I have for the mod....

//-Default Membergroup on Registration MOD- Start
if (isset($regOptions['additionalGroup']) && $regOptions['additionalGroup'] != 1 && !in_array($regOptions['additionalGroup'], $unassignableGroups))
$regOptions['register_vars']['additionalGroups'] = $regOptions['additionalGroup'];
//-Default Membergroup on Registration MOD- End

where would I insert..

thanks

drhamad

No, what I'm telling you has nothing to do with the mod.  This is if you want to manually force the group.  Give me a copy of your Subs-Members.php and I'll take a look if you want me to.

bburg5

Here it is- I try to look into most of my issues before asking, but some I have no clue about....

Thanks

drhamad

Quote from: bburg5 on April 07, 2009, 10:03:32 AM
Here it is- I try to look into most of my issues before asking, but some I have no clue about....

Thanks

OK my apologies, my fault.  My instructions were based on 2.0, so I didn't realize the name of additionalGroups had changed.

In your code, if you want it to be an additional group, find:
'additionalGroups' => "''",

Change it to:
'additionalGroups' => 1,

Where 1 should be changed to whatever the group # is you want.

If you want it to be a main group, I'll have to look through the code a bit more.  It doesn't seem to be defined right there along with the rest of the RegOptions.

bburg5

OK my apologies, my fault.  My instructions were based on 2.0, so I didn't realize the name of additionalGroups had changed.

No Problem!!!

I unfortunatley would like it to be the main group. I do not mind adding their secondary group when they achieve it.
Thanks agin for checking into to this.....

bburg5

QuoteIf you want it to be a main group, I'll have to look through the code a bit more.  It doesn't seem to be defined right there along with the rest of the RegOptions.

drhamad-

Were you able to look into this any further? I have been unsuccessful in find this either...

Thanks

bburg5

Were you able to look into this yet :D

Thanks

remi_naija

Where do I find the settings for this mod?

andsim

i have same problem on 2.0 rc1.2
it wont shoiw up on members > registration > Setting
how i get it up?

Advertisement: