Annonce FelBlog 0.92a for SMF

Started by feline, August 10, 2007, 06:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wk38

It installs great. It just doesn't function at all. You are basically locked out of doing anything in the mod, creating a new blog entry, etc.

shadow82x

Hmmm maybe I will take a look in a bit and no errors in the installation. When you go to uninstall does it show errors?
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

wk38

No errors on uninstall either. I'm lock out of doing anything with packages now.

shadow82x

Very interesting like I said I will send you a PM when I go on my comp if thats fine you.
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

wk38

ok. I have to shut down for tonight. I sent you a pm. Thanks!!

Sarrene

First I wanted to say THANK YOU so much for this blog. This is justwhat I was looking for for our site. It is perfect for our smallcommunity, and I am loving it TONS! As as a few others that have juststarted to try this thing out. So once more, thank you for the effortand time you have put into this. 

Okay, Now, I have a few questions and one small tiny problem.

Issue:
Whenusers are in the Blog, either viewing the list or in their own, thereis nothing to direct the "who's Online" to show the action. All we getwhen you check is "Unknown Action". I have broused through the files a wee bit, and including in the english.php, who.english.php and modifications.english.php
There seems to be a missing "$txt['who_action'] string for that action" in there somewhere or three.

Question:
Is there a way to put in:
$txt['whoall_felblog'] = 'Viewing the [url=%27%20.%20$boardurl%20.%20%27?action]Member Blogs[/url]';

[/pre]If so, where would I put it exactly? I have had a wee bit of difficulty
trying to find exactly where I add this in. Then again, I am probablydoing it all wrong as well.

Three actions would be nice if i could only figure this out. Show actions for the following:
     ♦ Viewing Blog Index
     ♦ Viewing [Member name] Blog
     ♦ Writing in Blog

Otherthen that, I think it is wonderful! I am going to see if i can add ina header description though. Since these are more like Stories anddiaries then anything else really.

Peace,
Sarrene'

Dragooon

A small typo in the article
" Internal xhtml-editor for articles and comments (can by disabled)"
by should be "be"

feline

Quote from: Dragooon on September 19, 2007, 09:13:14 AM
A small typo in the article
" Internal xhtml-editor for articles and comments (can by disabled)"
by should be "be"

Thanks and sorry for my bad english  :(

Fel

feline

Quote from: Sarrene on September 19, 2007, 08:48:14 AM
Three actions would be nice if i could only figure this out. Show actions for the following:
     ♦ Viewing Blog Index
     ♦ Viewing [Member name] Blog
     ♦ Writing in Blog

For that, you must modify the Who.php ..
simple example:

search for

// Unlisted or unknown action.
else
$data[$k] = $txt['who_unknown'];

and replace with:

// Unlisted or unknown action.
elseif($actions['action'] == 'felblog')
{
if(!isset($actions['sa']) || $actions['sa'] == 'list')
$data[$k] = 'Viewing Blog Index';
elseif($actions['sa'] == 'view' || $actions['sa'] == 'manager')
{
if($actions['cont'] == 'new')
$data[$k] = 'Writing in Blog';
else
{
if(isset($actions['uid']))
{
$uid = $actions['uid'];
$req = db_query("SELECT realName FROM {$db_prefix}members WHERE ID_MEMBER = $uid", __FILE__, __LINE__);
$row = mysql_fetch_row($req);
$uName = $row[0];
mysql_free_result($req);
$data[$k] = 'Viewing '.$uName.'\'s Blog';
}
else
$data[$k] = 'Viewing his Blog';
}
}
}
else
$data[$k] = $txt['who_unknown'];

The fixed text, you can add in the Who.language.php

Fel

Sarrene

Oh wonderful! Thank you Feline!
I will be trying that out in no time and let you know how that goes! I  really appreciate it a lot!

Peace,
Sarrene'

feline

I have updated the FelBlog v0.94.0 archive for SMF 1.1.4.
Also a Upgrade for Felblog is available (v0.94.1) that have small fixes and new features.

Changes in v0.94.1
    * Error on banned user fixed
    * Added Previous / Next links on singe article view
    * Added status messages for "Who" view
    * Smaller changes on languages and design

Changes in v0.94.0
    * Sort bug in Recentlist fixed
    * Javascript now allways removed from content
    * Avatars in a separate folder now works
    * Sizable image thumbnails on overview
    * Bug in Smiley Popup fixed
    * A new TinyPortal addon (FelBlogTPinc.php) added to the archive

This release is also tested with the new Firefox 3.0 alpha 7
(Codename Gran Paradiso)

Fel

2pac

this mod sounds pretty cool. currently i have wordpress installed but it's such a pain to make it match the rest of my site... i mean, i can do it, but it's just  a pain in the behind and i dont have that kind of time right now, school keeps me plenty busy... i'll definitely give this a shot when i get back to my place...

Sarrene

This is a great mod! and so easy to use. Many many thank you's  :-* to you Fel for such a wonderful endeavor. The update is just the icing on the cake!

Peace.
♥ Sarrene'

ASF

i just cannot write any blog at all, instead of showing me th editor i get an advert from my host..

whats this?

Dragooon

dxyy

Ever since installing this on my test forum, my captcha (visual verification) no longer works. :(

I'm also getting a few other errors:
1) Undefined index: sbox_ModTitle
File: /home/daxueyin/public_html/finalforumtest/Sources/ModSettings.php
Line: 145
2) Unable to load the 'sbox.english' language file.

It would be nice to have a "report to moderator" feature for the blogs. Oh, and it would also be nice if it were also possible to give moderators permission to lock/delete blogs. Anyway, those are just small details.

I'd really like to get the captchas working again in addition to getting rid of those two errors! ::)

brianjw

Hello, i've heard that there are errors concerning the captcha with this mod.

The captcha breaks when installing it, has it been fixed?

elfreakz

im using smf 1.1.4 with tp... install succesful but i dont see any link to blog and also no felbog setting in admin??? i clean install, and isntall again with default theme, still nothing.. why?

trnt94

A VERY nice mod, I am using it on my site.

Advertisement: