Annonce FelBlog 0.92a for SMF

Started by feline, August 10, 2007, 06:18:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

feline

This Version of FelBlog is designed for SMF 1.1.x and will also work in cooperation with TinyPortal.

For other then the SMF default Theme, you have to modify the index.template.php and the BoardIndex.template.php.

Read the full article

Fel

flame baiter

When clicking on the download link...   :o

karlbenson

it looks like you need to be registered on that forum to get access to the downloads.

feline

exactly ...
only registered user can download

btw .. I have uplad this to the Mod area
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=897

Fel

karlbenson

shadow82x

This blog mod is by far better than the other ones so far. A lot more advance and featurewise. feline can you attach the blog mod here becuase we are not able to download it from the SMF mod site until it is validated. Also I am registered on your site and still do not have permission. Thanks so much for this mod. :)
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

feline

Uhhh ... sorry, I forgot to set the access to the DL folder  :-[

Now ... registered member can download

Fel

karlbenson

Shadow. this forum hasnt got attachments enabled.

nitins60

Can you make a copy which doesn't need tinyportal? :)

shadow82x

You do not need TP for this mod. Thats why it was made...
Colin B

wk38

Love the mod, wish I could use it. No workie.

shadow82x

Colin B

wk38

Permission problems.

I checked with my host and everything looks to be setup the way it should. It's a permissions issue for sure but I don't think it's on the host side. I have PHP scripts and mods running in SMF and they are fine. If coppermine, links mod, store mod, etc all work it sounds not to be on the host side.

When you upload a file into your blog it sets the permissions to 600 and then you can't see it in the blog. If you manually chmod it to 755 it works fine.

If you do a fresh install of Felblog most all the permissions are set to 666 and nothing works. If you set everything to 755 it works but the file upload still sets them to 600 which isn't viewable in the application.

So I chmod everything to 755. Most of the functionality is there. Still can't see the file after upload and place a link. The link button works except when you get to the part of clicking ok. Then nothing.

shadow82x

Mass chmod ALL the files it uploaded meaning /sources and /themes.
Colin B

wk38

Tried that.  That's what I ultimately did to get it working this far. If I chmod everything to 755 it pretty much works except for always setting the uploaded file to 600 which in turn can't be seen in the blog. The ok button to place a link is still not functioning either.

I need a good blog real bad on my site but this one.... i don't know. Doesn't seem prime time to me yet and trust me when I say I've installed more than my share of mods.

I wish someone had the secret to this one.

shadow82x

Did you try chmoding the files to 777?
Colin B

wk38

Unfortunately yes.

I've left some posts on their forum and got zero response.

shadow82x

I would like to take a look but I'm away from my computer ATM. All I can say would be to manual install the blog mod. Search the docs for more info on manual installations.
Colin B

wk38

Don't know if I want to put that much more effort into it. Wish there was an easy solu.

I have the ad mod, store mod, links mod, chat mod, AdPeeps, coppermine, etc, etc, etc, all running smooth as glass on several sites. I even did a virgin install of SM 1.1.3, TP 0.9.8, default template and no mods. Clean install. Still didn't work.

FelBlog just ain't workin properly.  She responded to a post I made over at TP and basically said it was a problem on my host. Um.. I don't think so.

If it was a stable mod, I'd even pay money for it. I like it.

shadow82x

It installed fine on my test board and appears to be stable.
Did you make sure -
Admin - Packages - Options - ALL files are writable and making sure your /packages/temp file is ar 755?

If you can wait until tom.I can take a look
Colin B

Advertisement: