News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Search Enhancement Mod

Started by ioszilla, August 12, 2007, 05:53:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sorosh1

Thanks for no help! >:(  I already fixd it! Finally, without any help!

spiros

Is it possible for the Show/hide results summary to be shown by default?

Migraine

Does this mod work with 1.1.5?

SONSiVRi

Quote from: Migraine on July 17, 2008, 12:56:59 AM
Does this mod work with 1.1.5?

In my 1.1.5, yes its working.
My Mods - IP View Permission - Recycle Bin Cleaner - Ip to Country
www.sonsivri.com - microcontrollers
- Houston, we have a problem.

Migraine

Migraine

On a clean install of 1.1.5 I am unable to get this mod to work.  The test installation has failed in Sources/Search.php .

I had this same problem with two other SMF forums I run, but then  reverted to the 1.1.4 version of Sources/Search.php and the mod is working fine for each -- even with several mods.

However, when reverting to the 1.1.4 Sources/Search.php on the clean install, the mod will not work.

Bummer...  :(

SONSiVRi

Quote from: Migraine on July 28, 2008, 04:08:18 PM
On a clean install of 1.1.5 I am unable to get this mod to work.  The test installation has failed in Sources/Search.php .

I had this same problem with two other SMF forums I run, but then  reverted to the 1.1.4 version of Sources/Search.php and the mod is working fine for each -- even with several mods.

However, when reverting to the 1.1.4 Sources/Search.php on the clean install, the mod will not work.

Bummer...  :(

I made this mod while I am running 1.1.4 then I upgraded forum to 1.1.5
Maybe taking a look my search.php (working on 1.1.5) will help you.
My Mods - IP View Permission - Recycle Bin Cleaner - Ip to Country
www.sonsivri.com - microcontrollers
- Houston, we have a problem.

Migraine

Thanks Sonsivri... I tried your search.php file, but am still getting the message ./Sources/Search.php test failed...

~M

Migraine

I tried the copy of the file from my other/original pre-clean install and that seemed to do the trick... not sure why though since it (the mod) didn't work on the pre-clean install... LOL  Must be my lucky day.  ;)

Thanks!!

knarf32222

Excuse hxxp:me.how [nonactive] to make this mod to work as follow?
When someone enter any topic, the search filter will changes to "This topic" automatically.

knarf32222

Quote from: knarf32222 on August 19, 2008, 05:22:27 AM
Excuse hxxp:me.how [nonactive] to make this mod to work as follow?
When someone enter any topic, the search filter will changes to "This topic" automatically.
I already find how to do this.
Just do as follow.

find index.xml

if (empty($context['current_topic']))
unset ($Selections['thistopic']);

if (empty($context['current_board']))
unset ($Selections['thisbrd']);

replace
if (empty($context['current_board']))
unset ($Selections['thisbrd']);
else $default = 'thisbrd';

if (empty($context['current_topic']))
unset ($Selections['thistopic']);
else $default = 'thistopic';

Antechinus

There was a question earlier in the thread about running this mod with Tiny Portal. I've just set it up on a test forum running 1.1.5 with TP 0.983 and it seems to work perfectly.

The trick is to alter the install.xml file to remove the alterations to default/index.template.php and to overwrite your 1.1.5 Search.php with a copy of the 1.1.4 file.

If you do both these things before installing the mod it goes smoothly. You then just edit your index.template.php manually and you're good to go.

Just for the hell of it (and because some of my custom themes aren't suited to the same positioning of the search box form ) I also edited BoardIndex.template.php and Display.template.php and MessageIndex.template.php so that the search form displays in my customised Info Center and below the "Jump to" form in both the display and message views. Very handy.

yrfoxtaur

would be nice if wordzilla would update this now that 1.1.6 is out

Antechinus

It would, but as I mentioned it is very easy to get this mod to install and run with 1.1.6.

jamji

Quote from: spiros on May 01, 2008, 03:18:42 PM
Is it possible for the site search option to have one's Google Adsense for search code?

I also need to know about this. Anyone with an answer??

vladimir - sv

I can't get this mod to work in 1.1.7, any suggestions?.

This is my search.php (where the parser fails).

Thanks!.

Antechinus

Get a fresh copy of the 1.1.4 Search.php and overwrite your current file with it. The mod will then install without problems. I've already mentioned this in this thread a couple of times.

Since the mod was designed for 1.1.4 it looks for the 1.1.4 file's code. If it doesn't find that it throws up an error. I've attached a copy of the 1.1.4 file.

phpshiva

i installed this and workd great but i seem to not getting board and topic in the dropdown all codes are there

how can i fix that?

smf 1.1.7

thanks

TechPrince

Modification needed for 1.1.7.

Advertisement: