News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nao 尚

- You can change the color as long as it's the same color as the rest of the header (and readable).
- Are you sure you're using the latest version of Aeva? It uses the same size as the copyright notice...
- It doesn't appear randomly. It only appears when Aeva is called. That is, if one of your pages randomly shows message titles, and these messages have Aeva content in them, Aeva will be called if the message is parsed through parse_bbc() (even if you don't end up showing the message body at all.)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

rad1701

Love this Mod - great work!  One question - does MSN Video disable embedding on some things?  Been trying to embed this link with the latest version AEVA but it doesn't seem to work.  It's the first episode to "The Guild", season 3.  Love that series!

Here's the link I'm trying to embed the video from:

http://video.msn.com/video.aspx?mkt=en-US&vid=6f31eb66-4360-439a-ad62-f2bdf28f550e

Nao 尚

I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

venakri

I didn't know it only popped up on pages with embedding. Good to know it wasn't me having done soemthing wrong. Got it all set now, Thanks!

H

Nao, is this something that could be covered be AEVA?
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

zimode

Nao-

Sorry to bother you again.. I'm trying ustream now .. wondering if Ustream recorded video works.. I'm trying this link and it just displays the link and not the video..

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2100169 [nofollow]

thanks

Nao 尚

stormwatcher

I am using SMF 1.1.10

Trying to add Avea-6.9.100

Using the package manager......it will upload.........shows to pass all the tests.............click on the "install mod" button and it takes off adding the mod...........it comes back up and gives "the package successfully installed" message and then immediately crashes.

Say's "Critical Server Error"

I erase all the files and uploaded SMF 1.1.10 again

then

I tried the manual method on the Avea download page.

I made the edits to sources/load.php, sources/modsettings.php, sources/post.php and sources/subs.php.

Not sure I understood the directions on what to do with aeva_install.php........I put it in the root dir.

Moved all the language files to the themes/default/languages folder.

Put the expressInstall.swf into the root dir.

Got the following error....

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /hermes/web09/b795/moo.storm/Sources/Subs.php on line 888

Not knowing what I am doing.........I got one of those free hosting sites to upload and test SMF.

I uploaded SMF 1.1.10 and the used the package manager to upload Avea-6.1.100..........everthing worked.
Of course it worked on the freebie site.........and not on mine.

FYI........on line 888 of the Sources/Subs,php file on my non working site......it says...

return strtr($string, array_flip(get_html_translation_table(HTML_SPECIALCHARS, ENT_QUOTES)) + array(''' => '\'', ' ' => ' '));

FYI ........on line 888 of the Sources/Subs,php file  of the working freebie site it says.....

return strtr($string, array_flip(get_html_translation_table(HTML_SPECIALCHARS, ENT_QUOTES)) + array(''' => '\'', ' ' => ' '));

Any ideas what I need to do?

zimode

No.. I was the guy trying to use Livestream and it you replied that it only brought up the player and not the recorded video.. you suggested looking at the readme file.. which I did, and thought that possibly the USTREAM would work as it may work (to bring up the recorded video).. but it just displays/brings up the link..

My intent is to embed shows that I have recorded live via UStream or Livestream .. the software/environment isn't conducive to  broadcasting & recording at the same time.. So I need the Service/Platform to stream & record for me.. UStream & Livestream do that w/o time constraints, Justin,tv breaks the video up into 15min clips..

Anyway any suggestions/pointers would be greatly appreciated..

genie

I just installed your mod and love it.  However, I am familiar with bbc code and html, but not a coder.

I have a small mpg I would like to play in the forum message area.  I can convert it to other forms, but I can't seem to be able to call it from my own site.

Is your mod able to do that and I am missing the know-how to do it?

KensonPlays

is there a way to add: http://www.movshare.net

to embed a star trek 2009 full video to watch on my site?

EDIT: another great feature would be the ability to like have some instructions and you could add another new site until a update is made! that would be awesome! thanks!

thanks in advance!

stormwatcher

Looks like I got a good one.......no replies in 6 hours........LOL.

It has me stumped...

Spankad

Hi,

i have a problem with Aeva. I tried to install it - but always when I enable it - i just get a white page. On Board Index, too. To fix i have to disable or deinstall the package.
I checked all modified files, there aren't things of aeva (when it isn't installed).
Tried install manually - still same problem.

Anybody can help me?

C4G-TK

@ Nao 尚

I just updated today around 4:30pm and see that this was updated again at 5:05pm.  Is there something in the package that was changed that I need to uninstall and reinstall?  I use a lot of mods on my site and I need to manually do these edits in order to get things to work. 

-img removed-

stormwatcher

Ok folks........looks like I stumped the band.

I finally got it going.........the best I can tell.........it was a permissions issue I would upload the SMF 1.1.10 zip into the free account and the file would have permissions set at 705. But when I would upload the same file into my real host........it would have permissions of 644.

I changed the permissions to match the free site.

Also.......when I extracted both zip files.........the files would also have different permissions.

Once again I changed mine to mirror the free sites permissions and all went well.

I am using fatcow.com

Hope this might help someone else down the line.

Nao 尚

Quote from: Kcmartz on September 05, 2009, 12:16:31 PM
EDIT: another great feature would be the ability to like have some instructions and you could add another new site until a update is made! that would be awesome! thanks!
It's already there, uh...

Subs-Aeva-Custom-Example.php

Read that...

ghof

Quote from: ghof on September 02, 2009, 01:02:23 PM
Is it possible to disable hd movies and play them in hq/lq instead   AND/OR change size of the embed video?

MrPhil

First, per instructions, please do not bump your topic until 24 hours have passed. You're not going to get any faster service by jumping the line.

You'll notice the difference between your working and non-working code is that your non-working code somehow got corrupted:  ''' instead of '''. Is that actually what's in your file? I see that the preview changed the string to ''' until I added "nobbc" tags. You can't have a single quote within a single-quoted string -- the parser got to '' (an empty string), and then couldn't figure out what to do with the next character, another '. Did you use some kind of WYSIWYG editor (e.g., Dreamweaver) to edit your PHP files? That's a no-no.

I don't see what file permissions would have to do with this. 644 would normally be the correct permissions for a .php file. 705 would be very strange to see.

zimode

Is anyone able to show UStream recorded videos.. If so please respond, so I know that there's something not correct on my side.. Then I''ll delve into it more..

Thanks and sorry to be a pain..

Advertisement: