News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

General support topic for Aeva Media (Latest release: July 28, 2010)

Started by Nao 尚, October 14, 2007, 04:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nao 尚

Oh, that's it...... I'm through with it.
I won't be reading through a SINGLE more message that doesn't care how to write Aeva correctly.
AVEC?? AVEA? Just go rewrite your posts everyone. Next time I see something written as "Avea" or "AVEA", I'll just skip to the next post. I don't care. What's with the AVEA word anyway? It's always been Aeva or Aevac in the two years the mod has been around...
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Arantor

* Arantor thinks the OP should also have included SMF version, what are the odds the issue was it's on 1.1.x with a custom theme.

clothahump

eg208

How to prevent hotlinking?

I use this code on my .httacces but doesn't work
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER} !^$
RewriteCond %{HTTP_REFERER}

!^http://(www\.)?backpackerindonesia.com/.*$ [NC]
RewriteRule \.(gif|jpg|bmp)$ - [F]

Nao 尚

Quote from: Arantor on December 31, 2009, 05:15:46 AM
Nao: I can't help but wonder if the centuries old rivalry between the English and French is at work here... :P
Again: I don't think I've been 'touchy' or 'aggressive' here. I'm touchy and aggressive on a daily basis, maybe even on an hourly basis, but definitely not in this topic!
And I didn't even know the guy was British. I don't usually click everyone's nickname to check their profiles. And I like the British, BTW. My sister lives in London, my girlfriend's brother lives in London, so we go there quite often...
I know it was a joke, but still  O:)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Arantor

I was mostly trying to mediate - blokey definitely took it that you were being touchy, even aggressive, when you weren't really. (Though, I kind of thought the avatar would give it away - I didn't have to look to know... but then again I'm British and with it have a passing knowledge of the top football clubs in this country)

Nao 尚

eg208

I dont know, but every one can view HTML embed code and Direct link for uploaded image, so they can embed at their blog or website, and I have limited bandwidth. Thanks for replaying

stageducky

With due respect Naolington, there was no intention to cause any grievance for my misspelling, its just sometimes something gets in the head and it can't go away. If more than one person has done it, maybe there is a reason for it. Maybe Avea seem more like a word and its impression causes the brain to think it rights. I don't know. But all I'm doing is reporting an issue I have encounter with as much clarity as possible and at the right board. If you do not wish to reply to this thread, there is no way I would be able to make you do so. Do whatever you feel is comfortable for you. I have always make an effort to make sure my posting is clear and accurate, but sometimes things happen. I have make the correction, it didn't need too much effort. But you reaction was uncalled for as far as I am concern. So don't worry, I don't really have to install this. So I shall let this issue rest here.

Quote from: Naolington on December 31, 2009, 05:23:09 AM
Oh, that's it...... I'm through with it.
I won't be reading through a SINGLE more message that doesn't care how to write Aeva correctly.
AVEC?? AVEA? Just go rewrite your posts everyone. Next time I see something written as "Avea" or "AVEA", I'll just skip to the next post. I don't care. What's with the AVEA word anyway? It's always been Aeva or Aevac in the two years the mod has been around...

Arantor

stageducky: The problem is that Nao has seen people misspell it consistently for well over a year and while it is memorable as AVEA, it's irritating to someone who wants the best for his work - I twitch a little when I see it, just as I do for folks who consistently use SFM instead of SMF.

So, what version of SMF, and are you using a Windows or Linux host?

stageducky

Thanks for asking its Linux host.

Quote from: Arantor on December 31, 2009, 07:52:27 AM
stageducky: The problem is that Nao has seen people misspell it consistently for well over a year and while it is memorable as AVEA, it's irritating to someone who wants the best for his work - I twitch a little when I see it, just as I do for folks who consistently use SFM instead of SMF.

Arantor

Quote from: Arantor on December 31, 2009, 05:27:00 AM
* Arantor thinks the OP should also have included SMF version, what are the odds the issue was it's on 1.1.x with a custom theme.

I guess, I'll just ask again, what version of SMF?

Nao 尚

Well, embed codes are totally unrelated to hotlinking... It doesn't take long to hotlink any picture, embed code or not.
Right click on the picture, "Copy image address to clipboard", go to your other site, paste. Done.
You can delete the MGalleryItem.php file at your forum root if you want to remove one extra embed code. But that's just psychology ;)

Nao 尚

Alpha 2 is out!!

Have fun!

Version 1.0 Alpha 2                             December 31, 2009
-----------------------------------------------------------------
* Moved Aeva Media version number comparison to main files rather than the auto-embed file.
  You should now be able to force a version check from anywhere in the AM admin area.
! Reintroduced support for ?action=mgallery URLs, for compatibility with direct URLs
  posted in messages. It should work transparently now.
! Fixed sitelist update no longer working
! Fixed various possible (although rare) crashes in installer
! Account for HTTPS when rebuilding a URL (it only happens in two places.)
+ Added two more sections to 'About' admin area, which respectively show readme.txt and
  changelog.txt (hello, there!), as the name indicates. Show them in the mod panel, too.
* Started rewriting the readme.txt file. Still needs some work to remove duplicate text...
! String cutting function was horribly flawed on UTF8 configurations. I hope it'll work now.
! A previous optimization in aeva_getAlbums() broke the album list's ordering per user

stageducky

Sorry I didn't know what OP was and overlooked the SMF version question. I have just upgraded from 1.1.10 to 1.1.11. I had Aevc in 1.1.10 but I uninstalled most of my mod so that I could upgrade then I check for latest for the Mod that I have used and wanted to reinstall them, that's how I came to Aeva+Media+1.0+alpha.

So to answer your question:

SMF version 1.1.11
Default theme

Quote from: Arantor on December 31, 2009, 09:14:22 AM
Quote from: Arantor on December 31, 2009, 05:27:00 AM

I guess, I'll just ask again, what version of SMF?

drjman

I was going through the configuration after a new install and some how the menu button for Aeva got changed. i looked everywhere and can't find where to change it back. i was only using the built in admin panel so I am not sure how this got changed. :o

edit: this is for version 1.0 Alpha

this is what it looks like

Any help in changing it to something legible would be great!

thanks in advance!

neo_rambo

Quote from: neo_rambo on December 30, 2009, 01:08:30 PM
I installed everything correctly and successfully. But my add album button disappeared. I deleted my existing albums thinking the button will come back and nope. Has anyone experienced this.

Nevermind, I fixed it by installing the Alpha 2 Thank you sir. I appreciate all the help to the community.

clothahump

Upgraded to current version and now have a couple of anomalies.

There are now two Defaults in Permissions.
Member Groups has lost Regular members.
It states that "A new version (7.0.705) is available!"

clothahump

Add to my last post that there are some images missing from the Gallery.

petesky

Quote from: clothahump on December 31, 2009, 02:46:35 PM
Upgraded to current version and now have a couple of anomalies.

There are now two Defaults in Permissions.
Member Groups has lost Regular members.
It states that "A new version (7.0.705) is available!"

I have 3  ;D

Happy New Year

Advertisement: