News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Download System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, October 31, 2007, 06:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SMFHacks.com Team

Link to the mod

Download System

By vbgamer45

Compatibility
Works with SMF 2.1.x, SMF 2.0.x and SMF 1.1.x

Description
A complete download system for SMF. We also have Downloads Pro which can be found at http://www.smfhacks.com/download-system-pro.php

Includes:
Uploadable or linked downloads
Approval of downloads option
Reporting of downloads
Option to have comments on an download
Subcategory support
Ability to rate downloads
Who is viewing download or category
Category level permissions by membergroups
File space manager to see which users are using up the most space
Options to control category display settings
Options to control download display settings
Linking code options
Integrates with SMF Shop allows points with adding downloads
And more!

!Fixed searching results for more than one page was displaying incorrect data if options on advanced search were uncheck

!Fixed group by not having all the columns in some cases

!Fixed some unclosed html tags

!Fixed bug previous/next links logging errors for downloads that were removed.

!Removed || changed to OR in SQL statements for MariaDB

!Remove create_function for PHP 7.4+ support

+Added check for upload url to be sure it is http:// or https://
!Minor code cleanup/fixes

3.0.7a
!Fixes for remote filesize function more checks added. Requires allow_url_fopen to be set

+Added filesize support for remote links

!Fixes for PHP 7.4

!Fixed missing language string bug for spam protection thanks to wintstar
+Better linktrees on view download/add comment page thanks to wintstar

3.0.4a
!Fixed missing message id for email notification for SMF 2.0.x

!Fixed showing hidden files in Stats page

!Fixed showing hidden categories in search results

!Fixed some undefined variables in SMF 2.1 Beta 3 profile icons for im services/karma on comment view.

!Fixed next and previous links in the download system.

+Added add download item to menu on all download pages that have buttons. Should make it easier to find.
+Link tree added all download pages

!Fixed tiny portal conversion for SMF 2.0 uses author_id if found

!Fixed icon for SMF 2.1 Beta 2

!Fixed wrong permission for custom field delete

+Now supports SMF 2.1 Beta 1 using hooks for most file edits!

+Better support for other languages

+Updated styling for SMF 2.0 for main areas for a better experience
+Updated admin areas with alternating row styles to make reading easier

!Fixed top downloads bar layout issue in chrome

!Fixed bug with SMF 2.0 missing a function

+Improved comment display to show more user information.
!Fixed hardcoded text string Posts
!Fixed bugs in show rating on myfiles page in SMF 1.1.x

!Fixed bug with removetopic in SMF 1.1.x on deleting a download

!Fixed missing text string for max filesize too large when uploaded file exceeds the max filesize setting

!Improved how search results are handled for multiple pages

!Allowed quotas to be set above 2GB

!Fixed missing image for stats bar in SMF 2.0

!Fixed incorrect html linking code had an extra /

!Fixed issue with quotes in filenames that are uploaded!

+Added better curve style support for SMF 2.0 RC3

+Added SMF 2.0 RC3 support
+Moved location of Downloads Configuration to its own spot in the admin
+Added display of max_upload_filesize and max_post_size php settings in the admin area these control how large files are accepted by your forum

+Optimized the table view for SMF 2.0 RC2

!Fixed bbc editor in SMF 2.0 not working in IE6/IE7

!Fixed who is viewing category/download to now show all members viewing that page

!Fixed a bug in the download in download access permissions in SMF 2.0 if you give another group such as global moderator access to the downloads admin area it would not let them access it.

+Added most downloaded download index page block
+Added total download line in the main page blocks

!Fixed support with mod_security
+Now storing the topic id of the post download topic and when deleting a download deletes the posted topic
!Fixed a case for importing from tiny portal if there is an empty rating it would error out

+Added Tiny Portal Downloads Import Feature. Will import all downloads,categories,ratings from TP Downloads. Downloads Pro coming soon will also import the screenshots.

Support Links
SMF Package Parser
Manual Installation Of Mods
How Do I Modify Files?
Disclaimer: SMFHacks.com Team is not affiliated with the SMF Team or the SimpleMachines NPO.
SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF
Latest Mods:
Community Suite
Newsletter Pro SMF Gallery Pro SMF Classifieds SMF Store

karlbenson

I'm gonna try this asap.

Thanks VbGamer. I'm sure it will be another fantastic mod.

jossanaijr

jossanaijr

When I try to edit a category I'm having this error:

Unknown column 'postingsize' in 'field list'
File: /home/mysite/public_html/forum/Sources/Downloads.php
Line: 752

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.4, while your database is at version 1.1.2. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

but I'm using SMF 1.1.4 (and I think with database 1.1.2: how can I check it?; I'm using more than 40 MODS now without problems.).

TrueSatan

Your database error suggests that the upgrade from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 which included a database upgrade may not have fully taken place...if you can get the file upgrade.php from the 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 upgrade pack, put it in your forum root then browse (go tot the file location using your normal browser) to it that will cause it to run and should upgrade your database...there was no database upgrade in the 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 upgrade. Try the above and see if the other error persists.

vbgamer45

Quote from: jossanaijr on October 31, 2007, 08:33:12 PM
When I try to edit a category I'm having this error:

Unknown column 'postingsize' in 'field list'
File: /home/mysite/public_html/forum/Sources/Downloads.php
Line: 752

Note: It appears that your database may require an upgrade. Your forum's files are currently at version SMF 1.1.4, while your database is at version 1.1.2. The above error might possibly go away if you execute the latest version of upgrade.php.

but I'm using SMF 1.1.4 (and I think with database 1.1.2: how can I check it?; I'm using more than 40 MODS now without problems.).
Fixed redownload the modification.
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

jossanaijr

jossanaijr

I did not understand how / for what use that:

Custom Fields
Field Title Default Value Required

vbgamer45

That would add custom fields to all downloads in that cateogory.
You could require them to enter a field called Author or Creator and make it required with every download that is added
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

ES23

http://www.mywebsite.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads&sa=add2
8: Undefined index: description
File: /var/www/html/forums/Sources/Subs-Post.php
Line: 1747

Under my test,I realised that the above error occurs if you configure a new topic to be started on a certain board whenever a download is posted,and under the download description,you have placed something there...if you do not enable the option of a new topic to be started whenever a new download is added,the error will stop occuring.

How can I solve this error?? :(

Another thing I have realised.Under Upload URL,I have to put in a URL which the file have to be downloaded in that page.If I put a megaupload URL so that on clicking the download link for that item,the forum will redirect itself to the megaupload page for the person to download,another error will occur under the forum error log,saying it's unable to load the "main" template.And also the following error will be found in error log:

8: Undefined variable: filesize
File: /var/www/html/forums/Sources/Downloads.php
Line: 1501

(By providing a upload URL.the filesize cannot be detected by server and it will automatically be 0KB;but this seems to cause the above unnecessary error as it seems that the plug in expect the filesize to be detected under all costs - I think this is the bug of this plug-in as no errors are produced at all if I choose the direct upload method to my server.)

So,can it be configure in such a way if the forum download page needs to get redirected to another page(eg. megaupload) to download,it will automatically open a new tab/window instead of getting re-directed on the same page as the forums(adding of remote downloads)?And create in a way that filesize would not need to be shown if upload is through an upload URL)

Kindly advise :) Thanks...

jossanaijr

It seems to me that in Download Stats / Total Downloads it is not working.  I did a test download and the numbers did not change: zero.

Exterminator2006

how funtion this mod? same bottom where is admin - search - profile? thanks

jossanaijr

Quote from: Exterminator2006 on November 01, 2007, 11:14:17 AM
If you are using default theme you should have a "Downloads " button in menu bar and settings in ADMIN / Configuration / Downloads configuration after installation.

Exterminator2006

Quote from: jossanaijr on November 01, 2007, 02:02:38 PM
Quote from: Exterminator2006 on November 01, 2007, 11:14:17 AM
If you are using default theme you should have a "Downloads " button in menu bar and settings in ADMIN / Configuration / Downloads configuration after installation.

i use other theme but no bottom download :(   say me a solution for this :)

Thanks

TrueSatan

vbgamer45

Quote from: ES23 on November 01, 2007, 03:59:41 AM

Under my test,I realised that the above error occurs if you configure a new topic to be started on a certain board whenever a download is posted,and under the download description,you have placed something there...if you do not enable the option of a new topic to be started whenever a new download is added,the error will stop occuring.

How can I solve this error?? :(

Another thing I have realised.Under Upload URL,I have to put in a URL which the file have to be downloaded in that page.If I put a megaupload URL so that on clicking the download link for that item,the forum will redirect itself to the megaupload page for the person to download,another error will occur under the forum error log,saying it's unable to load the "main" template.And also the following error will be found in error log:

(By providing a upload URL.the filesize cannot be detected by server and it will automatically be 0KB;but this seems to cause the above unnecessary error as it seems that the plug in expect the filesize to be detected under all costs - I think this is the bug of this plug-in as no errors are produced at all if I choose the direct upload method to my server.)

So,can it be configure in such a way if the forum download page needs to get redirected to another page(eg. megaupload) to download,it will automatically open a new tab/window instead of getting re-directed on the same page as the forums(adding of remote downloads)?And create in a way that filesize would not need to be shown if upload is through an upload URL)

Kindly advise :) Thanks...
Fixed most of those errors redownload the mod for the fixes.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Exterminator2006

upload a file of 2 mb and perfect but 20mb o more. show "need a name title"  :(

ES23

Quote from: vbgamer45 on November 01, 2007, 09:11:02 PM
Fixed most of those errors redownload the mod for the fixes.

Ok! :)

This error has been successfully solved which is quite crucial.Thanks.

But this error is still not resolved(below one):

and persists in your forum error log if the option of starting a new topic on every new download placed in download system is selected for that category. :(

Any plans and solution to solve this error?

DeMar

is any version for SMF 1.1.3?

[embed-flash(width,height)]

TrueSatan

Rather than asking for a version for an obsolete SMF version it would be far better if you upgraded your forum...as is strongly advised by SMF.

Advertisement: