News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Download System

Started by SMFHacks.com Team, October 31, 2007, 06:55:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topbuyer

I changed this variable $txt['downloads_text_title'] = but its not changing the menu bar title, can you please suggest the correct variable to change.

Quote from: vbgamer45 on January 13, 2010, 08:45:45 AM
You would edit the following file themes/default/languages/downloads.english.php

vbgamer45

Sorry wrong file meant themes/default/languages/modifications.english.php
Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

topbuyer

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

king kratos

I cant find this option, so I am going to suggest it. I think it would be a good idea to have the option to set an expiration date for individual downloads.

For example, I often have downloads that I will only offer to customers for free for a certain period of time (10 days, 20 days, 1 month, etc). After that period of time, I would like the download to automatically become inactive so that customers then need to purchase it.

Not sure how easy or hard this would be, but I cannot seem to figure out how to get it to work.

Thanks,

Kratos

vbgamer45

Maybe that would be pretty custom though to do not sure how many people would use it.

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

RawDepth

I am not sure I understand exactly what this mod does. I want the ability to offer large files for download in my forum.

1) File size would usually range from 30 MB to more than 500 MB in zip format.
2) I don't want outsiders to be able to download or hotlink the files.
3) I want the logged-in members to have a minimum number of posts to earn download permission.

Would this mod fulfill those wishes?

vbgamer45

1. You need to update your php settings to support larger files normally recommend max 100mb to 250mb per file upload on a web form.
2. Yes that is an option  you can protect it for members only
3. I think that is Downloads Pro only

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

RawDepth

On the settings page, what does "Enable multiple folders for downloads storage" do for me? Does it create a new folder for each new category? (I couldn't find any sort of manual to look this up myself.)

vbgamer45

It creates a new folder for every thousand files so that directories do not get too large

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

RawDepth

Thanks for the previous reply about the folders. One more question if you don't mind...

When viewing the download page with Internet Explorer (default curve theme) the menu buttons are off to the right. I am guessing I need to add a clear tag somewhere.

See the attachment.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

RawDepth

Well, the short answer is version 7.0 (It really says version 7.0.5730.13) The menu is also off to the right when using Avant Browser.

The menu does work correctly in Firefox, Safari, Netscape, and Google Chrome. That is, the buttons start on the left side and make a horizontal row.

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

BCP

How do I upload my 1st file to the download system 1.2.7.  I do not see an upload link

vbgamer45

If you use a custom theme for SMF 1.1.x you need to add a downloads button to your theme menu

Downloads accessed via http://www.yourforum.com/index.php?action=downloads

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

vbgamer45

Mods:
SMF Gallery Pro

Foreclosurepedia

I don't have any questions at the moment; simply wanted to say this is a really neat mod that was BADLY needed by my forum!  We are hobos and now we can exchange atlases and such!  Man, thanx! ;D
Vincit Omnia Veritas

Advertisement: