News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Theme Site

Started by sloopz, November 25, 2007, 12:39:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaks

Its amazing on what can be achieved if you can sit down and do something, finally with alot of time and effort we have managed to get the theme site caught up, meaning no longer are authors needing to wait for 2 weeks or so before someone looks at the theme, they are now being looked at within 24 - 48 hours unfortunatley not all themes get approved and many themes are rejected as the theme authors are careless and do not read the Guidlines or do not get back to the messages we send out and fix the themes. Its a waste alot of good themes are being rejected as the authors do not pay that extra time looking at their coding.

If you are interested in making a theme then please post your questions in the Graphics and Tempate Section and we will answer as soon as we can.  We like seeing the variety and the ideas people come with, so why not try making a theme yourself. : )

Theme Approval Guidlines
Tema Kabul Şartları (Turkish)
Vodic za odobrenje Teme (Serbian)
Pedoman Persetujuan Tema (Indonesian)
Auteurs de Thèmes: Directives d'approbation des Thèmes (French)
Linee guida per l' approvazione dei temi (Italian)
Autores de Temas: Regras para Aprovação pelo SMF (Portuguese)
~~~~
Former SMF Project Manager
Former SMF Customizer

"For as lang as hunner o us is in life, in nae wey
will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

Rumbaar

It's been fantastic to submit a theme, and get a response in (usually) less than 24hours.  Or come back and see that's it's already been approval.

Fantastic job, Customize team.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Smoky "Rider" Blue

i agree Rumbaar.. me getting my Christmas theme up, lol it went better than i expected, but then it was my first theme i contributed to..  :P and i had a blast doing it.. i have a few more in the works, but i still need to look at the guidlines and what not before, i just wanted to say thank you for making it easy  ;)
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

karlbenson

Deaks

I do wish to thank all the language moderators who have translated the guidlines into there respective language.

Currently we have 3 themes waiting for approval 2 of which are awaiting for the author to get back to us, and one wich is just about to be looked at.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

will we thole the Soothron tae owergang us. In truth it isna for glory, or wealth, or
honours that we fecht, but for freedom alane, that nae honest cheil gies up but wi life
itsel."

tertunc

godboko

I have to say the who Customize team has been doing fantastic work and are contributing a very impotent part to this project. Keep up all the wonderful work.
Thank you,
Robert aka godboko

Deaks

i agree its nice to see more people releasing themes, but we are lucky now that IchBin has finally found his place and is doing themes instead of docs...

Now we just need more smf2 themes :)
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

SleePy

Quote from: RunicWarrior on March 25, 2008, 11:48:11 AM
i agree its nice to see more people releasing themes, but we are lucky now that IchBin has finally found his place and is doing themes instead of docs...

Now we just need more smf2 themes :)

Quit slacking and get cracking! >:D
Jeremy D ~ Site Team / SMF Developer ~ GitHub Profile ~ Join us on IRC @ Libera.chat/#smf ~ Support the SMF Support team!

Smoky "Rider" Blue

tying is half the battle.. its like a job.. you want the money, you go to work.. or play, lol..  ;) Nice RW.. will have to stop by again soon to see them all  :D
**Take the time to remember friendships and family.. Sometimes it's all we have, and missed very much**

Deaks

I just want to bump this topic, right now we have 1 theme awaiting approval, alot of themes are now being submitted and meeting the guidelines so thank you to all the authors.  The down side is people arent submitting themes as much, this is why im bumping member folkk if you made a theme then make sure it meets guidelines and submit it more themes on the themesite means more themes for people to choose from, and that idea of a theme in your head could be the next most loved theme!!
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Smoky "Rider" Blue

* SmokyBlue thinks Vamp is absolutely right lol..  :P :)

Antechinus

Ok, I have a question for the approval team. I know that generally you prefer to keep pm's to a minimum. However sometimes it's necessary or desirable to update an existing theme, and often this only involves small sections of code or some images. It seems to me that it'd be best if theme authors told the team exactly what was being changed with each update. If whoever is doing the approval knows they only have to check Lines 283 to 293 of BoardIndex.template.php or whatever that means less searching, more time at the beach. Gotta be good all round. 

So would the team like this information by pm when the theme is uploaded or via a changelog/readme in the theme zip?

Deaks

antechnus, for cases like this it is prefered you tell us, we are discussing possible things for the theme site and one would combat what you suggested, the problem is takes time for testing etc,  now we dont like pm's to staff members however we dont have a problem with you messaging the
SMF Customization Team account. notifying us that you have updated your theme.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Antechinus

I'm just wondering if SMF have an official policy on people altering theme copyrights without permission.
There's an example linked from this post.

Deaks

Theme copyrights are up to the theme authors, once they have been downloaded smf has not obligation or such to make sure the theme gets used correctly, we do work with authors where possible on these situations.  Most people do respect the wishes and leave the copyright while others remove it.

Personally I have pulled 5 sites up for removing my copyright all have added it back, but myself I do offer service where people can remove my copyright for a set price (theme variant), if they agree to terms I set and once money is transferred I add name to list.
~~~~
Former SMF Customizer

itsel."

Advertisement: