News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Started by Bulakbol, February 18, 2008, 10:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimmie

ok I am on that page...do I select All Edits (default) or Only Theme edits (editing a theme to support a mod? (I am using a custom theme)

(sorry I promise this will be my last question for the night..lol)

Bulakbol

Sorry for the delay. SMF is giving me hard time. Slow loading. Select the default (All Edit) and Install. Don't forget to change the drop down menu from 2.0 to 1.1.4.

Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

Kimmie

no problem... I have just one more teensie question ( i know your probably off for the night and thats ok I will wait until I hear from you cuz I dont wanna mess up my forum :(0

Question is: On the parser when it says "Find blah blah blah" and then "add after blah blah blah"...I AM actually adding that code "after" what it told me to search for right"

Call me blonde...lol.. but I though I saw someone where on here that when it says" add after" that actually means "add before" and vice versa.

qtime

very nice idea!!! Working like a charm!

perro88

Quote from: Kimmie on February 22, 2008, 04:40:28 AM
no problem... I have just one more teensie question ( i know your probably off for the night and thats ok I will wait until I hear from you cuz I dont wanna mess up my forum :(0

Question is: On the parser when it says "Find blah blah blah" and then "add after blah blah blah"...I AM actually adding that code "after" what it told me to search for right"

Call me blonde...lol.. but I though I saw someone where on here that when it says" add after" that actually means "add before" and vice versa.
well I think it's like this, in the package when it says "search position=after" you place the code before the block of code to find and vice-versa :P.

Bulakbol

Quote from: Kimmie on February 22, 2008, 04:40:28 AM

Sorry, was tired and left last night.

When the parser says "Find" and "add after" you have to add the codes after the codes that you looked for. The parser is actually reversing the install.xml.

When the xml says

<search position="after"><![CDATA[IFNULL(mem.memberName, m.posterName) AS posterName, m.subject, m.ID_TOPIC,]]></search>
         <add><![CDATA[att.ID_ATTACH, att.attachmentType, att.filename, mav.avatar,
         ]]></add>

The parser will say

Find:
IFNULL(mem.memberName, m.posterName) AS posterName, m.subject, m.ID_TOPIC,

Add before:
att.ID_ATTACH, att.attachmentType, att.filename, mav.avatar,

When the parser says "add before", add it at the top of the codes that you looked for.
Confusing isn't it.  :P I hope that helps.
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

Bulakbol

Quote from: qtime on February 22, 2008, 05:20:09 AM
very nice idea!!! Working like a charm!

Thanks qtime. Additional decoration to our sites.  ;)

humbleworld

Yes, great MOD. I'm using Dilber Theme but I got error in installation. All files were okay except:

10.     Execute Modification     ./Themes/dilbermc/BoardIndex.template.php     Test failed

What to do now?

jackregan

May I just say that this mod is excellent.

Well done :)
Bible Study, Catholic News, Youth Group Stuff (my humble attempt at an SMF site... I'm grateful to the amazing people who have made SMF what it is!!

Bulakbol

Quote from: humbleworld on February 24, 2008, 09:06:03 AM
Yes, great MOD. I'm using Dilber Theme but I got error in installation. All files were okay except:

10.     Execute Modification     ./Themes/dilbermc/BoardIndex.template.php     Test failed

What to do now?

There must be other mod that edited your BoardIndex.template.php. You can edit it manually using the package parser and if you can't figure it out, attach your BoardIndex.template.php and I'll look at it.

Quote from: jackregan on February 24, 2008, 09:12:16 AM
May I just say that this mod is excellent.

Well done

Thanks Jackregan. Thank you too for trying this mod.  :)

kaburan

Anyway I can customize this for the CS-DK theme?

Never mind, I did a manual install on my themes boardindex and everything worked fine. Thanks for that Parser link by the way, very helpful!

Bulakbol

Quote from: kaburan on February 24, 2008, 01:16:45 PM
Anyway I can customize this for the CS-DK theme?

You have to edit your BoardIndex.template,php. Not much to edit anyway. You can use the package parser if you want.

<EDIT> haha I was late. That's good. It's easy isn't it? </EDIT>

kaburan

Hey Johny, The BoardIndex.Template.phhp works great and I can see the avatars on the main forums. The problem is when I go into the sub forums I get syntax errors. This is after I make the appropriate changes on the MessageIndex.php

Could you please take a look at my code?

Bulakbol

Ok Kaburan, I'll get back to you.

kaburan

Roger, thanks a lot for helping me out.

Bulakbol

Quote from: kaburan on February 24, 2008, 02:18:52 PM
Roger, thanks a lot for helping me out.

There was an extra line of code at the end of one of the mod's line. Here's the corrected one.

kaburan

Ok cool thanks Johny, So I don't get the syntax error anymore, however i don't see the avatars. Is it supposed to be that way, or does it affect the subforums, etc?

You can take a look here http://www.vx9.com/forums/index.php?action=forum [nofollow]

As you can see the avatars show up on the main forum, however not any of the subforums if you click through.

kaburan

Ok I may be mistaken, avatars don't show up for topics, but they do for child boards.

Bulakbol

Quote from: kaburan on February 24, 2008, 06:00:40 PM
Ok I may be mistaken, avatars don't show up for topics, but they do for child boards.

Sorry, the mod does not display avatars in topics. It only display avatar of last poster in Board index and childboard index. There's Avatar@Index mod that will display avatar of topic starter though.

I might include the avatar of last poster in topic index in the next version. But if the Avatar@Index is installed, there will be two avatars per topic.

kaburan

Ok its all good, everything looks good. Thanks for your help :)

Advertisement: