News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

SMF 1.0 Final

Started by [Unknown], December 29, 2004, 08:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

[Unknown]

We are happy to bring you the final release of Simple Machines Forum 1.0.  While there may be later updates, we believe this to be stable enough for production usage - and we are now focusing our development efforts on the next release, 1.1 Beta 1.

We encourage everyone to update to this new version.  Mods, themes, third-party software integration bridges, and various other things may require this new version.  If you need any help updating your themes, custom modifications, or anything else - please post a new topic in General English Support.

For those using YaBB SE, we also strongly encourage you to now update to this new version.  Official support has been dropped for YaBB SE, and nearly all new development - whether it be mods, integration, themes, or anything else - is now being done for SMF.  If you need any help moving custom modifications to your YaBB SE forum to SMF, converting mods you used with SMF, or simply working with SMF - please, don't hesitate to post in General English Support.  Furthermore, if you feel the new template system is too complicated, please feel free to use the old YaBB SE way instead.  You may also want to read these instructions on upgrading from YaBB SE.

If you feel you have found a security hole or very serious bug, it is best to e-mail [email protected] as to make sure the correct people are notified.  However, if it is not critical, it will be more quickly addressed if it is posted to SMF Coding Discussion or General English Support.  For other problems, please post in the appropriate section of General English Support.

For those updating from SMF 1.0 RC2, the following is a list of changes made:

• package manager improvements.
  • typos, whether in the displayed text or just in comments to the code.
  • minor polish in various places.
  • added a "last post" icon to ease migration; not mandatory, and won't be shown if you don't have it.
  • an issue with polls for Mambo integration.
  • some internationalization concerns.
  • optimization and changes to better handle InnoDB tables, if used.

Please see the changelog for a more detailed list of these changes, and for changes since previous versions.

If you are upgrading from RC2 or 1.0 (preview), you only need to use the "update" package because it includes just the changed files.  However, if you have any mods installed it would be better to use the "upgrade" package.  Remember that you can use the "upgrade" package to go from any previous version of SMF.  You can also use it to upgrade from YaBB SE.

You can always find information posted here about things like installation, upgrade, and more.  The zip files themselves also include these manuals.

http://www.simplemachines.org/download.php

Thanks,
Simple Machines

[Unknown]

codenaught

Thank You! At last it is out.  :)

I have already upgraded my forum from RC2 to Final. It was very quick and easy.

Thank you once again and keep up the great work on SMF!  :)
Dev Consultant
Former SMF Doc Coordinator

Amacythe

What a great way to start the new year :)

Elijah Bliss

Congratulations and Excellent job to the hardworking developers of this fine product!
You guys are in dire need of a vacation, lol take the rest of the week off and kick back with keg and and watch the Bowl games!

Great Job!

Spug

Incredible! Thanks a lot, everyone who worked hard to get this release out ;) Happy new year, too.

sight|i|picture

One quick question before I update/upgrade...

will this change the ID_MEMBER numbers? This is the only thing that I am worried about. I just paid somebody to do some PHP work for my site and it uses the ID_MEMBER data.

Can't wait to upgrade!

My forum members love how quick SMF loads.
sightpicture

quake101

Woohoo! I'm going to make a backup of my forums and update tomarrow. ;D

trenchteam

Great way to kick off the new year! CONGrATS to the SMF forums! I love the upgrades, flawless and easy to do! ;)

[Unknown]

Quote from: sight|i|picture on December 29, 2004, 09:59:52 PM
will this change the ID_MEMBER numbers? This is the only thing that I am worried about. I just paid somebody to do some PHP work for my site and it uses the ID_MEMBER data.

No, your ID_MEMBER should always remain the same, unless you use a conversion tool of some sort.

-[Unknown]

Tim

I was just about to ask when it went "final" ;D

Doug

Just update mine without a flaw....Thanks

http://customplaygolf.com

Tee
YAP Portal

[Ash]

Congrats on the release, guys. Keep up the good work ;D
hxxp:www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=18485&t=56 [nonactive]

itomic

Updating now - thanks!

Best wishes for a happy and prosperous New Year to all SMFers from Perth, Down Under.  ;D

jack

Woo - congrats guys :D

Downside is that I now have no excuse to delay converting all the YSE mods for my site to SMF.

Hmm, now I have another problem..
I should be tidying the house tomorrow for a NYE party ... AARRRGHH the dilemma!

_complex

Now, this is a great way to start the new year, Thanks!!:D

djelmejor

im so happy about this ;) thanks for your great work.

The-Prophets

Thanks a million. Downloading now

babylonking

wow that was fast, congrats guys & happy new year everyone  8)

Søren Bjerg

Smooth update on mine as well 8).
RUNE HORDES dot INFO - SMF 1.1.10 w/ Custom Profile Mod... and various permissions hooks and template changes (new topic form).

Advertisement: