Started by SleePy, March 17, 2008, 12:28:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThorstenE

please try this path (for fireboard): /home/admin/domains/xxx.com/public_html

stefanrenne2

Quote from: TE on June 14, 2009, 12:51:47 PM
please try this path (for fireboard): /home/admin/domains/xxx.com/public_html

then I get:

Sorry, the database connection information used in the specified installation of SMF cannot access the installation of Fireboard 1.0. This may either mean that the installation doesn't exist, or that the MySQL account used does not have permissions to access it.

The error MySQL gave was: Incorrect database name ''

ThorstenE

stefanrenne2

oké the converting has worked now
only 2 things didn't

- avatars (because I use jomsocial) not a problem
- passwords

Do you have a idea to fix the passwords?

ThorstenE

You should install the fireboard_login_fix_v11.tgz via Package Manager (the file is attached to the first post from this topic)

stefanrenne2

yeay I got it, it works!  8)
tnx dude!

areyna1976

This converter work to end with a stand alone SMF? or has to be on a side with some Jommla?

ThorstenE

Quote from: areyna1976 on July 07, 2009, 10:56:15 PM
This converter work to end with a stand alone SMF? or has to be on a side with some Jommla?
No, you don't need Joomla at all.. SMF is a standalone forum and you can bridge it with Joomla (if you like)..

buckneri

Does anyone just have an sql file that i can run to convert the tables??? i do not have a working installation of fireboard i am converting an old joomla site to smf and do not have access any longer to anything other then teh database backup of the joomla site.  i just want to take the data and import it into the correct locations in smf.. no php , or any scripts necesary just the working sql file to run in phpmyadmin....

ThorstenE

You should import your backup into a database first, then use the fireboard converter and modify it slightly like described in this message:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=228775.msg1758393#msg1758393

Note: You'll get some avatars- and attachments errors during conversion, don't care about..

Mad Mongoose

H'ok so...I have read this entire thread and I am still having trouble.  I have everything set up, using the most up-to-date converter files and have made the needed changes to Joomla (I think).

I am using Joomla 1.5.12, PHP 5.2.5, a Linux Server, MySQL Database 5.0.77, UTF8_general_ci collation, Fireboard 1.0.5RC2 and SMF 1.1.10.

I installed SMF and then directed to the convert.php, type in all the requisite info and hit the button...then I get this error:

Converting members... Unsuccessful!
(A lot of info I don't want to post here because it has e-mails in it)
Caused the error:
Duplicate entry '63' for key 1

I hit the "Try again" button and get the same error again, exept this time its "Duplicate entry '76' for key 1" rather than 63.

Hitting the "Try again" button again returns the '76' error each time after that.

Any help?

ThorstenE

JHarvey,
I believe there is a duplicate row in your Joomla database..
edit the fireboard_to_smf.sql and find:

---* {$to_prefix}members
replace it with:

---* {$to_prefix}members
---{
$ignore = true;
---}

Then restart the conversion.

Mad Mongoose

Bravissimo...fantastico...and much gratitude.  It worked nearly perfectly.  The only thing that did not covert was trhe passwords and avatars.  I have resolved the password issue...but the avatars I did not.

While it would be nice to have the avatars...I will live.

ThorstenE

Any Errors during avatars conversion? we can fix it but I need to know the path to your avatar files..

Mad Mongoose

Actually...I found a Community Builder plug-in that did a wonderful job and has even linked for future avatar integration.

I am very very pleased.  I would like more CB integration, and I may have to start writing them, but so far my group seems very happy.

DJBoddington

i have Kunena (which is just Fireboard) i do the convert but get
QuoteConverting members... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Converting topics... Successful.
Converting posts (this may take some time)... Unsuccessful!
i added the rest into a file for ya :) i have an idea that its a ' causing them to not convert, everytime i do it, it has a post which has a ' in it. well what do i know about MySQL lol not alot, so i could be wrong.

Thanks in advance!

ThorstenE

that's an issue with your current data from Fireboard. the single quotes aren't properly escaped. (eg. doesn\''t should be doesn\'t)

in fireboard_to_smf.sql find:
$row['body'] = preg_replace('~\[img size=(\d+)\]~i', '[img width=$1]', $row['body']);
add after:
$row['body'] = preg_replace("~\'\'~i", "'", $row['body']);
Then restart the conversion.

DJBoddington

hmmm did that, restarted it...same error :(

ThorstenE

DJBoddington, is it exactly the same error or is it a similar error on a different row?

DJBoddington

oh it seems to worked now, oddly.
but get
QuoteConverting...
Converting members... Successful.
Converting categories... Successful.
Converting boards... Successful.
Converting topics... Successful.
Converting posts (this may take some time)... Successful.
Converting topic notifications... Successful.
Converting moderators... Successful.
Clearing unused tables... Successful.
Converting smileys... Successful.
Converting attachments... Successful.
Converting avatars... Successful.
Recalculating forum statistics... Successful.
Unsuccessful!
This query:

REPLACE INTO {$to_prefix}settings (variable, value)
    VALUES ("conversion_time", 1251154507),
    ("conversion_from", "fireboard_to_smf.sql");

Caused the error:

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '{$to_prefix}settings (variable, value)
    VALUES ("conversion_time", 1251154507)' at line 1

Advertisement: