News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Old or Outdated Files

Started by kreativekarma, March 19, 2008, 05:46:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kreativekarma

How do I know if I have all the new versions of all my files?

QuoteUpdating Your SMF Install!
The upgrader found some old or outdated files.

Please make certain you uploaded the new versions of all the files included in the package.

Click here to try again.

shadow82x

Quote from: kreativekarma on March 19, 2008, 05:46:35 PM
How do I know if I have all the new versions of all my files?

QuoteUpdating Your SMF Install!
The upgrader found some old or outdated files.

Please make certain you uploaded the new versions of all the files included in the package.

Click here to try again.
I think the upgrader should (in the future) check for that. Make sure you overwrote all the files. This is sometimes fixed when I reupload index.php in my SMF root.
Colin B
Former Spammer, Customize, & Support Team Member

kreativekarma

Reloaded the index.php file and got this:

Updating Your SMF Install!
The upgrader found some old or outdated language files.

Please make certain you uploaded the new versions of all the files included in the package, even the theme and language files for the default theme. [SKIP]

Click here to try again.

shadow82x

Quote from: kreativekarma on March 19, 2008, 05:55:37 PM
Reloaded the index.php file and got this:

Updating Your SMF Install!
The upgrader found some old or outdated language files.

Please make certain you uploaded the new versions of all the files included in the package, even the theme and language files for the default theme. [SKIP]

Click here to try again.
Did you reupload /themes/default/languages ?
Colin B

kreativekarma

kreativekarma

I didn't choose any other languages when I did the first part of the upgrade though.

shadow82x

Than the upgrader will upgrade the language entries later on. Feel free to skip it.
Colin B

kreativekarma

Ok, that worked, but what now do you make of this?

shadow82x

I dont think it will effect your forum tbh. I'm hoping it upgraded those entries or they are unneeded in SMF2.
Colin B

kreativekarma

Something is wrong, I am wondering if the bablefish mod is the one messing me up... This is all I see when I go to my forum... no forums just the top part of the board...

JayBachatero

You were most likely using old out dated files.  I suggest that you reupload everything and make sure that you select overwrite when you upload.  Then run the upgrade again.
Follow me on Twitter

"HELP!!! I've fallen and I can't get up"
This moment has been brought to you by LifeAlert

kreativekarma

JayBachatero

Do you have any other languages installed?
Follow me on Twitter

kreativekarma

How can I tell? As far as I know I only installed English, although there are tons of other language files in the language folder by default I guess.

JayBachatero

You have a few languages there.  albanian, arabic and so on.  Also you need the english utf-8 files.
Follow me on Twitter

kreativekarma

Isn't that what the 12th one is?

kreativekarma

OK, this is fixed... it was a hack mod that my husband did for me and he fixed it! All is well for now!

Brettflan

OK, I've just encountered this while trying to install the 2.0 beta 3.1 upgrade.

After a little digging into it, I determined that it's a bug in the upgrade package. The upgrade.php file has the SMF_VERSION defined at the top of the file as "2.0 Beta 3 Public". When it checks index.php for that version string, it doesn't find it since the beta 3.1 index.php correctly lists the version as "2.0 Beta 3.1 Public" (note the ".1").
Unsurprisingly, updating the SMF_VERSION variable in upgrade.php seems to fix it.

You guys might want to fix that bug in the upgrade package.  ;)

JanEm

My base index.php reflects the following:

$forum_version = 'SMF 2.0 Beta 3.1 Public';

My Upgrade.php reads:

define('SMF_VERSION', '2.0 Beta 3 Public');

Note, not only the version change, but the string SMF in front as well is different!
The older, the wiser they say. But I doubt it!

Brettflan

Well, yeah... they are different files. Still and yet, all that you need to do is update upgrade.php to add the ".1" to the string. That's it.

Advertisement: