News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Can someone try these on for size?

Started by [Unknown], January 01, 2005, 01:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hshan

I tried uploading the file again and applying the package with the same error. I'm running smf 1.0 upgraded from rc2.

Orstio

I thought I was the only one having trouble with the package manager....

If you are confident enough, you could make the changes from the XML file manually...  :-\

hshan

Good.. I thought I was the only one too... I thought you had success with the package from your earlier post.

If you are confident enough, you could make the changes from the XML file manually...  Undecided

I had tried that earlier, when I was trying to use the com_smf_1-0_ob.zip file, but as you know, something was messed up and I switched back to your 2.11 version and then ftp'd the com_smf_1-0.zip files over them. It all works now, so I am taking a break and doing something else.  8)

Would I gain something using the smf/index.php version over the ssi version?

Orstio

QuoteWould I gain something using the smf/index.php version over the ssi version?

1) SMF Mods would be easier to install.  However, if the package manager doesn't work for you, then they are just as difficult, anyway.

2) Some users want to be able to use sub-themes on different boards.  This would work without any code changes to SSI.php.

3) You'll notice on the SSI version that it currently says "SMF 1.0 RC2", even if you have SMF 1.0 installed.  That would be fixed, and update itself as you upgrade SMF.

[Unknown]

Sigh.  It was just a typo, your package managers work fine.

-[Unknown]

Orstio

QuoteSigh.  It was just a typo, your package managers work fine.

Really?  I haven't been able to get any package to install yet.  I've tried the Buddy List, the Member Map, and this one.

Maybe it is just me.  :-\

[Unknown]

Quote from: Orstio on January 09, 2005, 05:27:15 AM
QuoteSigh.  It was just a typo, your package managers work fine.

Really?  I haven't been able to get any package to install yet.  I've tried the Buddy List, the Member Map, and this one.

Maybe it is just me.  :-\

Still doesn't work with the updated one?  What message does it give?

-[Unknown]

Kindred

member map still has not been updated for v1.0 (has it)?

my package manager works fine (although I have not tried adding this one yet)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Orstio

QuoteStill doesn't work with the updated one?  What message does it give?

I just tried it, and it installed!  That's a first.  :D

RGSMDNR

im still having problems and cant find anyone to help..

ERROR: Could not find an XML setup file in the package.

???

i know its in there... does this have to do with this safe mode thing again?

[Unknown]

Quote from: RGSMDNR on January 09, 2005, 04:02:11 PM
im still having problems and cant find anyone to help..

ERROR: Could not find an XML setup file in the package.

???

i know its in there... does this have to do with this safe mode thing again?

Wait, which package are you using?  The com_smf_1-0_package.tar.gz is for *SMF* not for Mambo.

-[Unknown]

idigital

Just came back from a couple of weeks break and find this excellent thread. Great work [Unknown]! :)

I'm just about to download it and test it myself, as I've just got the time to start work on new SMF modules for Mambo based on SSI arrays rather than plain echoed output as this will allow the user to configure the look of them using module parameters.

It's great to see some development on the SMF side towards making this work better from the Mambo side, really commendable :)

Anyway, before I found this thread I was just about to PM you about whether you could explain how to fix the problem with errors making the bridge integration seem to pop out of the mambo template, I seem to remember you mentioning this a few weeks ago.

If this requires modifying SMF itself, or any of this requires altering SMF, once it's worked out possibly a mod could be put together to make it easier for Mambo users to modify.

Editing the Mambo core is going to be a little bit more difficult for some users, but that's just how it is when it doesn't have a mod system as good as SMF's one ;)

Again, good work :)

Cheers,

Damian

[Unknown]

Quote from: idigital on January 09, 2005, 11:33:51 PM
Anyway, before I found this thread I was just about to PM you about whether you could explain how to fix the problem with errors making the bridge integration seem to pop out of the mambo template, I seem to remember you mentioning this a few weeks ago.

If this requires modifying SMF itself, or any of this requires altering SMF, once it's worked out possibly a mod could be put together to make it easier for Mambo users to modify.

That's fixed by the "ob" and package version I've attached here.

-[Unknown]

idigital

Excellent!  :D

I'm off to test it and start work on these modules now :)

Great stuff!

Cheers,

Damian

[Unknown]

Quote from: idigital on January 10, 2005, 12:11:44 AM
Excellent!  :D

I'm off to test it and start work on these modules now :)

Great stuff!

Cheers,

Damian

Use the updated (second) package file attached later in this topic, though - sorry, should mention that in my first post.

-[Unknown]

idigital

Yup, saw the update. Maybe it would be good to update the file in the first post to reduce confusion, I've seen that done in other threads and it makes sense to the average user.

Ok, now for testing, thanks for putting the time into this [Unknown] ;)

Cheers,

Damian

idigital

Ok, just installed it.

I've installed SMF 1.0, the new bridge component (ob version),  the SMF package, and Orstio's login module.

Unfortunately, and it is probably something I've missed, the error fix doesn't seem to work. All I get now is a blank page instead of an error.

Also, I've thought it would be handy to have a package to modify the theme as well, so manual alterations to change the registration/login buttons etc aren't needed.

Cheers,

Damian

[Unknown]

Quote from: idigital on January 10, 2005, 01:22:50 AM
Unfortunately, and it is probably something I've missed, the error fix doesn't seem to work. All I get now is a blank page instead of an error.

Do you have gzipping on or off for Mambo?  How about SMF?  Does toggling them help at all?

-[Unknown]

[Unknown]

Crap, that'll teach me to package this in the morning when I'm groggy.

In smf.php, there's two instances of this (right next to each other):

$buffer = ob_get_contents();
ob_end_clean();

Delete the second one.

-[Unknown]

idigital

That works fine now thanks, glad it wasn't just me ;)

Excellent update on the bridge, now it will be much less confusing for many Mambo users :)

Just looked at the code, this is a much cleaner integration now using the SMF index.php rather than SSI. Great stuff!  :D

Cheers,

Damian

Advertisement: