Can someone try these on for size?

Started by [Unknown], January 01, 2005, 01:52:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Hmmm...

Ok, I replaced the files from Orstio's original com_smf with the ob version of [unknown]'s.

Mambo is now, broken, however...
Notice: Undefined variable: maintenance in /DIR.../community/SSI.php on line 41

Notice: Undefined variable: sourcedir in /DIR.../community/SSI.php on line 45

Notice: Undefined variable: sourcedir in /DIR.../community/SSI.php on line 49

Warning: main(/QueryString.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /DIR.../community/SSI.php on line 49

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required '/QueryString.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /DIR...//SSI.php on line 49

I can get into the SMF by linking directly and I installed the package (successfully) by doing that.

However, I am uncertain what is causing the SSI errors

<EDIT:>

Figured it out...

when the new version tried to automatically detect my settings, it inserted by mySQL username in front of the mos_ and smf_ in the configuration. (although I use the same database for both mambo and smf)
For some reason, my server did not like that.
removing it back to smf_ and mos_ makes it work again...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

[Unknown]

Strange... $mosConfig_db should definately be your database name, not your username...

-[Unknown]

RGSMDNR

what does the package for SMF supposed to do anyway?

idigital

It alters SMF slightly so that when there is an error, such as using the next or previous links when there are no further messages, the error message stays wrapped into the SMF integration.

Without it any error message will appear to jump out of your Mambo template.

Great stuff :)

Cheers,

Damian

RGSMDNR

ok,

well i atempted to add a package throught the package manager, and the mambo template disappeared.

Jazhawk

[Unknown]

I'm about to try it on my Mambo install.  I'll let you know what happens.

-Jazhawk

Kindred

Quote from: [Unknown] on January 10, 2005, 07:34:23 PM
Strange... $mosConfig_db should definately be your database name, not your username...

-[Unknown]

LOL!   My mistake...   (my username and database name are the same...   that's left over from my previous host)

either way, it gave me errors when the database name was listed, but no errors (and it works great) when I list just the prefixes.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Jazhawk

[Unknown]

I was able to get your com_smf_1-0.zip installed ok and it detected everything.  Now this part of the install:
Now go to the Menu Manager. Pick the menu you want SMF to appear on, and click "New" up near the top.  Pick Component, and make sure to publish it to the public. how does that go exactly?  Here is where things drop off.  What do I select here?

-Jazhawk

[Unknown]

Quote from: Jazhawk on January 11, 2005, 06:40:21 PM
[Unknown]

I was able to get your com_smf_1-0.zip installed ok and it detected everything.  Now this part of the install:
Now go to the Menu Manager. Pick the menu you want SMF to appear on, and click "New" up near the top.  Pick Component, and make sure to publish it to the public. how does that go exactly?  Here is where things drop off.  What do I select here?

-Jazhawk

In the "Administrator", you shoudl see a "Menu Manager".  It's up at the top, it might just simply say "Menu".  If you click it, a drop down should appear.  Under there, there's a "Main Menu" option - that's probably what you want.

From there, you'll see an "Add" button in the upper right...

-[Unknown]

Jazhawk

Quote from: [Unknown] on January 11, 2005, 07:28:02 PM
Quote from: Jazhawk on January 11, 2005, 06:40:21 PM
[Unknown]

-Jazhawk

In the "Administrator", you shoudl see a "Menu Manager".  It's up at the top, it might just simply say "Menu".  If you click it, a drop down should appear.  Under there, there's a "Main Menu" option - that's probably what you want.

From there, you'll see an "Add" button in the upper right...

-[Unknown]

Maybe whatever is supposed to be there to select isn't there.  From the menu manager I click New and it wants a name and type.  I named it forum but have no clue what the type should be.  This was my original question to you.  Then I save it and what?  It still isn't connecting to anything. 

I'm tired of putzing with it right now.  I'm going to bed.  Thanx [Unknown]

-Jazhawk

[Unknown]

Sorry, I wasn't clear on what you were asking.

The type should be "Component".

-[Unknown]

chadness

Worked decently on mine.  On mine, I had to go in to the configuration and remove a 'Mambo' in front of the database names, but otherwise it went smoothly.

Orstio

OK, I have a question for you, [Unknown]:

Because of all the requests for unwrapped forums, and the difficulties around the stand-alone forum not able to declare a lot of required Mambo functions to have integrated logins, etc.  I made a small change that uses obExit(); optionally in smf.php, so that Mambo still thinks that SMF is wrapped, but it appears not to be.  This is controlled with a selection in the bridge component config in the Mambo backend.  It works quite well.

Is this still possible in your ob version?  I've been looking through the code, and can't find where I would do this.

Perhaps at the beginning of mambo_smf_exit() ?

This is the code that makes it optional:

if ($wrapped==true) {
  template_header();
  loadSubTemplate(isset($context['sub_template']) ? $context['sub_template'] : 'main');
  template_footer();
} else {obExit();}

[Unknown]

Tell you what, I'll make it an option in the configuration panel, give me a bit though ;).

-[Unknown]

Orstio

I have already made it optional in the config panel, I just need to know where in your smf.php to make the change.

Jazhawk

[Unknown]

Okay, sorry for taking so long to respond.  Two places to make the change:

#1:
if (!$with_output)
{
echo ob_mambofix($buffer);
exit;
}

Add to that if, the wrapper condition - meaning !$with_output || $wrapper.

Add after:

if ($wrapme)
die;

-[Unknown]

guppy

hi,

i'm just bumming around waiting for the next version of the bridge   8)
here's my "test" result (i don't know what you were asking for tho'..)

for the "regular" com_smf, i get the following:
with wrapped forum, able to login and logout
both actions gets redirected to the mambo index. how do i get users to stay on the page where they logged in?

with unwrapped forum, able to login with SMF login but not with bridge. error:
Quotemysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource
had problem with Orstio's bridge perviously too but I forgot all about it after editing SMF theme to look nicely wrapped in my mambo site..

for the "ob" version,
i tried to install the package but got an error
2: copy(/path_to_my_forum/index.php~) [<a href='http://www.php.net/function.copy'>function.copy</a>]: failed to create stream: Permission denied
File: /path_to_my_forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1427
tried to read up this url from the package: http://mods.simplemachines.org/docs/manual-install.php
but it's not there..
anyway, i don't know how the codes are suppose to differ but superficially, i don't see any difference (probably because i've gotten nothing to work  :P)

[Unknown]

Quote from: iwyen on January 17, 2005, 09:14:30 AM
for the "ob" version,
i tried to install the package but got an error
2: copy(/path_to_my_forum/index.php~) [<a href='http://www.php.net/function.copy'>function.copy</a>]: failed to create stream: Permission denied
File: /path_to_my_forum/Sources/Subs-Package.php
Line: 1427
tried to read up this url from the package: http://mods.simplemachines.org/docs/manual-install.php
but it's not there..

Actually, it's not there.... yet.  Anyway, what you want to do is chmod your forum directory to 777.... or just turn off the option to create backup files.

-[Unknown]

Orstio

Quote from: [Unknown] on January 16, 2005, 10:34:24 PM
Okay, sorry for taking so long to respond.  Two places to make the change:

#1:
if (!$with_output)
{
exit;
}

Add to that if, the wrapper condition - meaning !$with_output || $wrapper.

Add after:

if ($wrapme)
die;

-[Unknown]

OK, after a bit of wrestling with it, I did get this working.

Here's how:

changed:

to:

if ($wrapped == false)
die;

changed:

if (!$with_output)

to:

if (!$with_output || $wrapped == false)

The Package Manager does not seem to like everything falling through Mambo, however.  Packages need to be installed through the stand-alone SMF.

Advertisement: