SMF 1.0.1

Started by bostasp, January 09, 2005, 07:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mytreo

Quote from: [Unknown] on January 14, 2005, 03:09:28 PM
Quote from: mytreo on January 14, 2005, 10:07:59 AM
Number format is still not effective. I've chosen 1,234.00 but all numbers are still displayed as 1234.00 ???

You'll need to resave your settings to fix that, and again it only applies in a great FEW places.

I've tried again - resaved the settings in all different positions but the display format of all numbers always just remains 1234.00. You are welcome to log in for yourself and try it, you're still an admin.

Quote from: [Unknown
QuoteProblem with pagination when displaying unread topics for a specifc board

I think I fixed that, and it works here?

Yes it's partly fixed, I explained in the other thread that there is still a problem with the start=xx not working. It doesn't work here either, try this link and you can see that it doesn't start at reply#20 on page 2 like it should do, it is in fact still on page 1, and clicking any of the [1] [2] [3] links doesn't work.
Treo forum - Powered by SMF, of course
Treo news - powered by MovableType and integrated with SMF
Treo downloads - hacked from phpNuke and integrated with SMF
Treo knowledge base - powered by Wikka and integrated with SMF
Treo 650 | Treo 700w | Treo 700p

destalk

Success, using package manager! No dramas.  :)

[Unknown]

Works here, doesn't it? (look next to my posts...)

Darn stupid pagination :P.  Fixed for good, this time.

-[Unknown]

mytreo

Ahhhhhh! :D Now I see the number formatting does work -  okay so why is that the only place it appears and why not in say the post counts on the board index or on the stats page?

Please could you let me know what changes to make for the pagination?

Thank you Unknown, I love SMF more each day :)
Treo forum - Powered by SMF, of course
Treo news - powered by MovableType and integrated with SMF
Treo downloads - hacked from phpNuke and integrated with SMF
Treo knowledge base - powered by Wikka and integrated with SMF
Treo 650 | Treo 700w | Treo 700p

Arwing

Quote from: [Unknown] on January 14, 2005, 05:41:34 PM
For the search error, find in Search.php:

$tmp[$ID_MSG] .= "($modSettings[search_pointer], $row[ID_TOPIC], $relevance, $ID_MSG, $row[numMsg])";

Replace:

$tmp[$ID_MSG] .= '(' . (int) $modSettings['search_pointer'] . ', ' . (int) $row['ID_TOPIC'] . ', ' . (int) $relevance . ', ' . (int) $ID_MSG . ', ' . (int) $row['numMsg'] . ')';

I'm getting the same problem with the Search, I already tried with your code and it haven't effect, the error is there.

[Unknown] you speak some spanish ¿right? I write a post in the Spanish Forum about the problem: http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=24354.0

Actually, this is the error message:
QuoteYou have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '(5, 281, 25, 0, 0)(5, 296, 25, 0, 0)' at line 3
Archivo: /home/arwinian/public_html/foro/Sources/Search.php
Línea: 643

Is something related to the version of MySQL?

Arwing

[Unknown]

Actually, it has to do with MySQL permissions... and something else, which I'm not sure of.

Anyway, I think I see what I did... I made it worse :P.  Use this:

$tmp[$ID_MSG] = '(' . (int) $modSettings['search_pointer'] . ', ' . (int) $row['ID_TOPIC'] . ', ' . (int) $relevance . ', ' . (int) $ID_MSG . ', ' . (int) $row['numMsg'] . ')';

-[Unknown]

wolrahnaes

Installed perfectly from the package manager.

I uninstalled the mods and reinstalled them after the upgrade, and all works well.

oscar2001

Quote from: [Unknown] on January 14, 2005, 08:18:21 PM
Actually, it has to do with MySQL permissions... and something else, which I'm not sure of.

Anyway, I think I see what I did... I made it worse :P. Use this:

$tmp[$ID_MSG] = '(' . (int) $modSettings['search_pointer'] . ', ' . (int) $row['ID_TOPIC'] . ', ' . (int) $relevance . ', ' . (int) $ID_MSG . ', ' . (int) $row['numMsg'] . ')';

-[Unknown]

Cool that one seems to work,, had the same problem as the others with search.

Arwing

Amazing! Thanks a lot [Unknown], now is working fine.

Arwing

neonet01

Used the package update for the first time, TO COOL, log in to my forums click click BAM updated.

scottb

Package installer worked like a charm thanks SMF team ;D

Col. Earnst von Codpiece

Quote from: Jazhawk on January 14, 2005, 03:06:44 AM
I had to reinstall the full 3.2 meg SMF 1.01 UPGRADE package to correct my error.  Not the smaller update set.  With the exception of the mods that were no longer installed, all my settings, user groups and permissions were not changed.  I'll look at it more deeply after I get some rest but it's back up thanx to [Unknown]

I still have a learning curve yet but I'll get it.  ;)

-Jazhawk

I've been a charter member and running multiple forums from YaBBS up to now, and there's a conceptual twist that I just realized I'm missing, re: upgrade/update.

If I've modified the "index.template.php" file for my theme, to customize before() and after() displays, and I download and install all the files from an UPGRADE or UPDATE, this of course is not going to update those template files in my theme's directory.

Do I then copy the "index.template.php" file from the Default theme, into my customized theme, and then hand-modify it to re-reflect all the customizations I did to "index.template.php"?

I have this niggling feeling that I'm the only one having to do that everytime there's an update. It's kind of awkward finding all the same places to insert my custom code in the new version of "index.template", but if I don't do that, and keep the old "index.template", then the version from before the UPGRADE or UPDATE may not reflect changes to it included in the UPGRADE or UPDATE.

Right?

[Unknown]

Quote from: UnkaBobby on January 15, 2005, 01:45:21 AM

I've been a charter member and running multiple forums from YaBBS up to now, and there's a conceptual twist that I just realized I'm missing, re: upgrade/update.

If I've modified the "index.template.php" file for my theme, to customize before() and after() displays, and I download and install all the files from an UPGRADE or UPDATE, this of course is not going to update those template files in my theme's directory.

Do I then copy the "index.template.php" file from the Default theme, into my customized theme, and then hand-modify it to re-reflect all the customizations I did to "index.template.php"?

I have this niggling feeling that I'm the only one having to do that everytime there's an update. It's kind of awkward finding all the same places to insert my custom code in the new version of "index.template", but if I don't do that, and keep the old "index.template", then the version from before the UPGRADE or UPDATE may not reflect changes to it included in the UPGRADE or UPDATE.

Right?

Well, if you have your own theme (a copy of the default) you generally only need those files which you changed.

So, for example, if you only changed index.template.php, you would only need to put that file in the new theme.

Now, the index template (index.template.php, that is) hasn't been changed since about 1.0 (preview) or perhaps RC2.  Even then, it was minor changes, which can be avoided in your own template.  There are also differencing utilities (included in things like ConTEXT, a text editor I'm fond of) which can help you update your customized templates.

And, of course, should you ever need help with any such modifications we'd be more than willing to help.

-[Unknown]

Henrik Samuelsson

Quote from: [Unknown] on January 14, 2005, 08:18:21 PM

Anyway, I think I see what I did... I made it worse :P.  Use this:

-[Unknown]

This fixed 99% of the problem. I dont't get 12 pages of error messages in the log for each search.
There is only one error message in the log now looking like this.
Quotehttp://www.swck.org/smf/index.php?action=search2 
8: Undefined offset: 166
Fil: /usr/webroot/swck/smf/Sources/Search.php
Rad: 741

great work Unknown. U the Best!!!
Regards / Henrik S.

[Unknown]

In Dutch, English, German, and Spanish respectively:
$txt[166] = 'Zoek resultaten';
$txt[166] = 'Search Results';
$txt[166] = 'Suchergebnisse';
$txt[166] = 'Resultados de la búsqueda';

This should appear in Themes/default/languages/index.LANG.php.

-[Unknown]

Col. Earnst von Codpiece

Quote from: [Unknown] on January 15, 2005, 02:00:44 AM

Well, if you have your own theme (a copy of the default) you generally only need those files which you changed.

So, for example, if you only changed index.template.php, you would only need to put that file in the new theme.

Now, the index template (index.template.php, that is) hasn't been changed since about 1.0 (preview) or perhaps RC2.  Even then, it was minor changes, which can be avoided in your own template.  There are also differencing utilities (included in things like ConTEXT, a text editor I'm fond of) which can help you update your customized templates.

And, of course, should you ever need help with any such modifications we'd be more than willing to help.

-[Unknown]

Ah, excellent, that was the conceptual twist I was missing: you don't generally modify the index.template files in updates, so I can retain my old ones. Thank you!

BUT, Great Balls of Fire! While you were replying I installed the UPDATE for 1.01 (copied all files over the old ones, ran UPGRADE.PHP successfully), and suddenly I'm getting:

---
8: Undefined index: welcome_guest_activate
File: /usr/www/rscott/ageplay.org/www/backside_2/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 1652
---

...in one forum, and:

---
Incorrect key file for table: 'snuggery_members'. Try to repair it
File: /usr/www/rscott/ageplay.org/www/snuggery/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 478  
---

..in the other! They both use the same MySQL database (different prefixes of course). In phpMyAdmin I see that the database and tables all appear there -- and the 1.01 UPGRADE.PHP utility reported no problems manipulating my database.

But I can't even get them to run enough to get in and try repairing, as the second error said.

Can you point me to where to start figuring this one out? This is the first actual *crash* I've ever had with your exemplary project! Gadzooks!!

Jittering nervously,
Bobby

[Unknown]

Quote from: UnkaBobby on January 15, 2005, 02:30:06 AM
8: Undefined index: welcome_guest_activate
File: /usr/www/rscott/ageplay.org/www/backside_2/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 1652

This one is simple; old or out of date language files.

QuoteIncorrect key file for table: 'snuggery_members'. Try to repair it
File: /usr/www/rscott/ageplay.org/www/snuggery/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 478

! Attempt to fix "incorrect key file" errors too. (Errors.php)

This one is a lot worse.  Can you try to ANALYZE or CHECK said table using "operations" in phpMyAdmin, if REPAIR won't work?

I'm not sure whether this was caused by SMF, but it may be that there was too much index updating for your server to take (which is a bad thing.)  If you want, I can try to fix it for you - if you pm me with phpMyAdmin access.

-[Unknown]

Henrik Samuelsson

Quote from: [Unknown] on January 15, 2005, 02:25:23 AM
In Dutch, English, German, and Spanish respectively:
$txt[166] = 'Zoek resultaten';
$txt[166] = 'Search Results';
$txt[166] = 'Suchergebnisse';
$txt[166] = 'Resultados de la búsqueda';

This should appear in Themes/default/languages/index.LANG.php.

-[Unknown]

Thanks ;D
my mistake... The Swedish language files are a litle messy...  :-\
Regards / Henrik S.

Raitsa

Updated 2 of my forums from the control panel, no probs, all ok, thanks guys for your great work.

Lord_Novice

Very nice the packages feature.
Im not even home and i could upgrade my forum.
I just clicked the upgrade link in my forum and in 2 seconds it was done, i couldnt believe. =)

Good job guys.
Não subestime os Superaprendizes

Pocket Heroes recruta Superaprendizes

Advertisement: