Images On Board

Started by Bulakbol, June 23, 2008, 05:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pspuser007

Hello!

I have installed this mod and i am using smf 1.1.6 and custom theme.
I tried to add the code but i get this "
width="50%">  New Member Introduction
width="50%">  General Discussion"

I have attached my BoardIndex.tempate.php file.

What can i do?

Thank you for your time!

Bulakbol

@SISPro
That would be a file permission. Use your FTP to chmod the folder to 755 or 777.

@Pspuser007
Which custom theme are you using?
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

Pspuser007

Ds,it is a premium one..

leonardus

Quote from: JohnyB on November 03, 2008, 09:22:34 PM
@leonardus and SISPro
Try this one (add_img_link_2b4.php) then. Delete it after running.

@lapinette
Thanks for the translation. If my text editor will handle the characters, I will add the translation to the next update.

thx you! it works very well!

shanksta13

I'm having trouble getting this mod to work.  I've manually edited the parts that needed to because they didn't install properly on the extract.  Any ideas?  I've got the folders set up correctly and I can set the images in the admin panel when I go to modify the boards.  But the images don't actually show up on the board index.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I can attach files if necessary.

Bulakbol

Quote from: Pspuser007 on November 07, 2008, 12:58:20 AM
Ds,it is a premium one..

I don't have a copy of your theme so this is shot in the dark. Try the attached BoardIndex.temmplate.php and see if it will work.

@shanksta13
Attach your BoardIndex.template.php. Which theme is it from?
Please do not PM me for support · My Mods and Theme · SMF Coding Guidelines · Modifications Approval Guidelines

shanksta13

Quote from: JohnyB on November 08, 2008, 06:10:16 PM
Quote from: Pspuser007 on November 07, 2008, 12:58:20 AM
Ds,it is a premium one..

I don't have a copy of your theme so this is shot in the dark. Try the attached BoardIndex.temmplate.php and see if it will work.

@shanksta13
Attach your BoardIndex.template.php. Which theme is it from?

It's the default theme.  Here it is.

Bulakbol

SISPro

Quote from: JohnyB on November 06, 2008, 08:59:21 PM
@SISPro
That would be a file permission. Use your FTP to chmod the folder to 755 or 777.

@Pspuser007
Which custom theme are you using?

i have tried and it won't let me change the permission that is what i am talking about.
i am using theme BK-SMF-Dark-2.0B4

leonardus

hi jonny! i've fixed the database error, but now when i press "save" for the changement, nothing happens. my board doesn't show the .png file. if i return in admin panel-->board-->modify, I realize that the two lines are empty, nothing is saved! why???

i put th images in /Themes/default/images/ImagesOnBoard/

and i've write in the mod line:

Name of image for this board: images.png (the image name)
Link for the above image: http://larabafenice.helloweb.eu (my forum)

i'm using black rain theme.

i attach my file.

thx

Bulakbol

@SISPro
Talk to your host about the file permission. I can't do anything about it.

@leonardus
I'll take a look at your files. I'll get back to you tomorrow.

funcouldron

it is not woking on smf2.0b4 version

bcause after intaling this mod when i go to boards in admin panel it gives databse error
Visit us at  ww.4moreFun.com

Pspuser007

Thanks a lot JonhyB!!!
It worked!!!!

Mikepara

Hi JohnyB,

great mod and really excited to see it in action.

have uploaded and installed, but has errors in MessageIndex.template.php and BoardIndex.template.php

Read forums, seems it is a small issue so tried to mod the files, but unfortunately failed miserably :-p

I think it may be a board hover mod which is giving me issues..in any case would you mind to check the 2 files in question and if you have time could you possibly mod them for me? or point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

Bulakbol

@ leonardus
Here are your files.

@funcouldron
Any errors in the error log?

@Pspuser007
You're welcome.

@Mikepara
I'll get back to you after editing your files.

Bulakbol

@Mikepara
I'm back. :) Here are your edited files. Use them after installing this mod.

MeowMommy

I'd like to do something like this on my forum. Unfortunately I'm a total PHP n00b.

I've figured out how to add images to the board descriptions, but I haven't figured out how to basically use an image only as the descriptor for each board. I'm using a custom theme (Saturn by Fussilet). Is this something I can do by using this mod?

Thanks!
Brenda  :)

funcouldron

when i click on forum in my admin panel,,i get this error

Unknown column 'b.img_link' in 'field list'
File: /www/110mb.com/f/u/n/c/o/u/l/d/funcouldron/htdocs/fc/Sources/Subs-Boards.php
Line: 1031
Visit us at  ww.4moreFun.com

Bulakbol

Advertisement: