AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlthmp

Hey everyone!

I have a question.. this one puzzles me! I have installed this package (AjaxChat Integration_3.2.1 RC3_Curve_Friendly) and everything is working. However, for some reason when you enter chat and select the channel drop down box.. It shows my actual SMF board names (IE, off_topic, general_area) in that format.

Any suggestions? I really only want to have a single "Public" channel.. for some reason it's showing all my actual SMF boards =(

I'm using SMF 1.1.14

Farjo

Hi mlthmp, if you look at the mod page you'll see FAQ written in big purple letters - follow that link and your answer will be there, among with many other configuration options :)

bindesboel

Hi!...

I have just moved my page hxxp:lsmods.dk [nonactive] to a new host (From hxxp:one.com [nonactive] to hxxp:domaindirect.dk [nonactive]). Now i have problems when i install tinyportal and Ajax chat intergrated.... The chat works fine without tinyportal, but when i install tinyportal the chat and shoutbox are blank.... If i write in the chat it is stored in the database, but you just cant see it. If i remove tinyportal again, i can see shouts in the chat again...

I juse following addons:
TinyPortal1_RC2
AjaxChat Integration_3.2.1
SMFStaff1.7
SMFGallery3.0.25a (PRO)
SimpleAudioVideoEmbedder2.0.1

And i use SMF 2.0

I have tryed with SMF 2.0 RC5 with older versions of the addons...

I hope anyone can help me....

-Bindesboel

Farjo

Don't know the answer but I did have the same problem (chat messages being logged but not displayed) when I was trying to change requestMessagesPriorChannelEnter to false - what is yours set to?

The bad news is that this was fixed by changing hosts; could it be that yours worked on your old host but it won't on the new one?

bindesboel

Yeah it worked at the old host, but made the site very slow... So i changed host and now i cant get it to work..... Maybe its a host problem then  :-\

Blackylol

Quote from: bindesboel on August 13, 2011, 06:50:29 AM
Hi!...

I have just moved my page http://lsmods.dk to a new host (From one.com to domaindirect.dk). Now i have problems when i install tinyportal and Ajax chat intergrated.... The chat works fine without tinyportal, but when i install tinyportal the chat and shoutbox are blank.... If i write in the chat it is stored in the database, but you just cant see it. If i remove tinyportal again, i can see shouts in the chat again...

I juse following addons:
TinyPortal1_RC2
AjaxChat Integration_3.2.1
SMFStaff1.7
SMFGallery3.0.25a (PRO)
SimpleAudioVideoEmbedder2.0.1

And i use SMF 2.0

I have tryed with SMF 2.0 RC5 with older versions of the addons...

I hope anyone can help me....

-Bindesboel

I had a problem with this chat before using tiny portal, I could see the errors login directly to the yoursite.com/chat/ ... after I saw what line was, i tried removing it from the source code and the chat started working again (It doesnt work if is a vital line for the mod)

anyway Is all Tiny Portal problem, why dont you try other portal?
SMF 2.0.2

Groflo

Hi. Just tried to install the mod, but had the blank shoutbox bug.
v 1.1.14, no other mods installed.
Installation worked fine.
CHMOD 755 dir chat and shoutbox

Moreover, I don't only have the blank shoutbox, but in my cPanel, I see the checbox for the options, but the name of the options don't appear (problem of language as I'm on a french forum ?). I attach a JPG to show it.

I tried to create a .htaccess in my root with the two lines
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^chat/?$ ./chat/index.php [L,QSA]
in it, but if I do it, my site is down and doesn't work anymore

Thanks for the help

Blackylol

is there a way to access the chat archive ? if there's any...
SMF 2.0.2

TheListener

Quote from: Blackylol on August 15, 2011, 12:09:20 AM
is there a way to access the chat archive ? if there's any...

There used to be a way.

Search for log in the topic and ya may be successful.

[unplugged]

« Next Edit: Tomorrow at 08:34:45 PM by SunKing »   <---- « someone stole my sig... :o »

Blackylol

Quote from: SunKing on August 15, 2011, 12:57:31 AM
Somewhere around here maybe?

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=257973.msg2656770#msg2656770

HA ha! Thanks! many thanks!

Also.... is there a way to only allow 1 connection per IP at same time? i think there's nothing in the config file to do it. i'm trying to save resources
SMF 2.0.2

Chris62

Hello

We use the chat for a long time. We have provided own channels (No channels of the forum assumed). At the moment the chat is not open for guests.
Now we would provide with pleasure 1-2 channel especially only for guests. What we must do they can log in only according to this.

Sorry for my English, but I am a German. Translates bye Prompt  ;)

Caine1978

There's what the problem looks like... All I've done is download and install the AJAX Chat.(which read that it failed somewhere.) And this image (above) is what the end result looks like... how do I fix it and make it work? Anyone help me out here?

TheListener

Nothing can be seen in the image.

Did you install the mod despite an error being shown?

Which version smf do you use?

Did you install the wersion which another user added to his post?

Caine1978

In the image if you look beneath 'THE HARDCORE ENIGMA BIG J' you'll see 'Anarchy Wrestling' Beneath that is the word SHOUTBOX... This is what's wrong... THERES NOTHING THERE! lol

I installed it despite the error. I use [SMF 2.0 RC5] and installed the following version

AjaxChat Integration_3.2.1 RC3_Curve_Friendly.zip

from this page

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1319

The error was on 9.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/index.template.php   Test failed

Groflo

Quote from: Groflo on August 14, 2011, 07:49:31 PM
Hi. Just tried to install the mod, but had the blank shoutbox bug.
v 1.1.14, no other mods installed.
Installation worked fine.
CHMOD 755 dir chat and shoutbox

Moreover, I don't only have the blank shoutbox, but in my cPanel, I see the checbox for the options, but the name of the options don't appear (problem of language as I'm on a french forum ?). I attach a JPG to show it.

I tried to create a .htaccess in my root with the two lines
RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^chat/?$ ./chat/index.php [L,QSA]
in it, but if I do it, my site is down and doesn't work anymore

Thanks for the help

up !

Caine1978

UP! ...? As in you got it up? You figured it out? Does this assist me with my issue in any way? lol SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE THIS IS THE ONLY DECENT SHOUTBOX/CHAT Package available for SMF forums...

audiodef

I'm a bit confused as to how this mod should be installed. Should I use the package manager? If so, how? I don't run an FTP daemon, so I would have to download the package first, manually.

If I have to install it manually, where do I put the files? In the SMF root dir? In the Package dir?

TheListener

Quote from: Caine1978 on August 17, 2011, 03:37:55 AM
UP! ...? As in you got it up? You figured it out? Does this assist me with my issue in any way? lol SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE THIS IS THE ONLY DECENT SHOUTBOX/CHAT Package available for SMF forums...

Please learn some patience. Also please no shouting.

The test failed error means a manual edit is required on the file.

Quote from: audiodef on August 17, 2011, 11:45:23 AM
I'm a bit confused as to how this mod should be installed. Should I use the package manager? If so, how? I don't run an FTP daemon, so I would have to download the package first, manually.

If I have to install it manually, where do I put the files? In the SMF root dir? In the Package dir?

Use the package manager.

Which version smf do you use? The 2.0 version is attached to a users post on one of the latter pages.

audiodef

I have SMF 3.2.1. If I download the mod manually and unzip it into the Packages dir, it shows up in the Package manager, but the only options for it are "list files" and "delete". Should there be an "install" option?

Advertisement: