AjaxChat Integration (latest version 3.2.1)

Started by .HuNTeR., August 27, 2008, 12:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mystery?

I am getting this error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.nextgenbattles.com Port 80
Join my NEW website that I just created and be a big part of it (July 30, 2010): http://www.gamerstatic.net

Filipina

Quote from: Mystery? on March 16, 2009, 10:53:42 PM
I am getting this error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8i DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.nextgenbattles.com Port 80

Hello I got the same error on installation when clicking the chat button

http://xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/penpal-community/chat/index.php

Filipina

Oh think this is solved I had to change the persmissions on the index.php file inside the chat folder.

Mystery?

Quote from: Filipina on March 16, 2009, 11:22:21 PM
Oh think this is solved I had to change the persmissions on the index.php file inside the chat folder.

What did you change it to?
Join my NEW website that I just created and be a big part of it (July 30, 2010): http://www.gamerstatic.net

Filipina

755 and i actually had to change a lot of folders inside the chat folder to 755...

The problem I have now is it keeps asking me to log in when it use to remember me before? Was that addressed on another post?

P.S. It is awesome except for this log in thing I cannot figure out :)

mrtrc266

@ discjocke I sent you a PM, let's see if we can get this going for you.

Just a quick address to some of your book though  :D

QuoteAfter initially clearing out anything having to do with "Chat" from before, even a "Chat" folder I had in the forum directory, the buttons on menu in the forum still have the word "Chat" twice on the buttons section.
I noticed when I looked at your BoardIndex.template file that the chat code was in there twice, I bet it's in your index.template file twice as well (probably all edited files), that would explain the 2 buttons.

QuoteI think I made one error though. Should I have made a "Chat" folder in my forum directory before applying the mod via package manager? I totally forgot about that.
Actaully you DO NOT want to create the "Chat" Folder.

QuoteI did find the mod zip file in the "packages" folder, in my forum directory tree, but can't find it anywhere else.
That just means that the MOD is sitting in your Package Manager ready to install or uninstall

QuoteNow the current "Chat" buttons I told you about, when I press them, I get this error message:
"If you are the webmaster of this site please log in to Cpanel and check the Error Logs. You will find the exact reason for this error there.
Common reasons for this error are:
    * Incorrect file/directory permissions: Above 755.
      In order files to be processed by the webserver, their permissions have to be equal or below 755. You can update file permissions with a FTP client or through cPanel's File Manager.
    * Incorrect Apache directives inside .htaccess file.
      Make sure you have not specified unsupported directives inside the local .htaccess file. Such include PHP settings and Apache module settings"
I have no idea, but we will figure it out.

QuoteNow here's the strange part. I have a test login. When I use it to log into my forum the "Chat" words don't appear in the menu buttons. I'm the only one to see them. None of my members see it. Only when I'm logged in as admin can I see them on the menu bar.
Maybe Permissions aren't set for the Member Groups yet?

QuoteI hope this doesn't confuse you to much. First I'd like to know if I can uninstall the Chat mod, then create a "Chat" folder, then try to reinstall the mod.
LOL Nothing about SMF in NOT confusing. Don't uninstall, reinstall or create a chat folder.

QuoteSecond. Before I do this, how can I get rid of the two "Chat" buttons on the menu bar currently showing? I don't understand why I'm the only one that see's them. I haven't been drinking either.
Read my very first line on this post  ;)

mrtrc266

@ Filipina  and Mystery

For AJAX Chat Intergration Version 3 just looking though my file permissions it seems that all my "Folders" are set @ 755 and all my "Files" are set @ 666.

For AJAX Chat Intergration Version 2 my "Folders" are set @ 755 and all my "Files" are set @ 644.

ricorico

thanks to some help by .hunter. i can manaully go to the chat. however it is not displaying via my forum settings.

so what kind of code on tinyportal can i do it to make it display at a top panel above the forum?

mrtrc266

Quote from: ricorico on March 17, 2009, 01:55:55 AM
thanks to some help by .hunter. i can manaully go to the chat. however it is not displaying via my forum settings.

so what kind of code on tinyportal can i do it to make it display at a top panel above the forum?

If you are using a custom theme you will to edit the following files in your custom theme using a Package Parser
Themes/yourtheme/BoardIndex.template.php
Themes/yourtheme/index.template.php
Themes/yourtheme/style.css

ricorico

thank you, i tried your suggestion, the first php was default and already had that code from the install i guess and the template ones the first 2 i found (but it gave me an error saying some codes with ' end with a/ usually etc.. didnt understand cuz i copied and pasted but the other template fixes were nowhere to be found?

mrtrc266

1.What version of SMF are you using

2. Please post a link to your forum (Or PM a link to your forum if you prefer).

3. If you're using a custom theme please send a link to your theme.

ricorico

site - http://commonenemy.ifastnet.com/forum/index.php
and im usin the 'reference' template by crip.

i actually had to re download the skin cuz the changes i made  in that one template had an error ? but i just had to re up that page and its fine.

i made a tinyportal box up there and i can manually go to the chat/index.php but i dont know how to just put the code there to display up there or if whatever ur helping me with will auto do that.

bluegray

I installed the latest version. Chat is working fine on the seperate chat page. The shoutbox is enabled and is showing up on the main page, but it does not show chats or add them if entered. It just stays blank.
What can be going wrong?

mrtrc266

@ ricorico  please atttatch your yourforum/Themes/Reference/index.template.php and style.css files.

ricorico

wiki

Hi thank you for a great mod.

but since i am using custom theme http://custom.simplemachines.org/themes/index.php?lemma=348

I got error after i click on chat button can you help me to make it work I am using smf 2.0 rc1.

Regards,

mrtrc266

@ ricorico  here are you edits. I just uploaded these to my Test Site and it's working great. You should be up and running now.

mrtrc266

@ wiki exactly what is the error?

Also as stated a few posts ago....

If you are using a custom theme you will to edit the following files in your custom theme using a Package Parser
Themes/yourtheme/BoardIndex.template.php
Themes/yourtheme/index.template.php
Themes/yourtheme/style.css

ricorico

beautiful thank you very much :D

Advertisement: